C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mercedes Benz of Cutler Bay, FL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Luxury
Mercedes Benz of Cutler Bay, FL

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I don't post much, I'm more of a reader, I love forum and have seen the greatest W204's I've ever seen here. I have a bit of story and I'd like you guys' takes/ opinions/ etc on this..

Sunday Dec. 6, 3:00PM, I haven't washed my car in 7 days so it's time for a wash. I go to move it out of the driveway, when I turn the key I get nothing...So I go get my spare key and still nothing. I call my friend Adrian and he told me just to call roadside assistance because it's free. I do that, the mechanic gets to my house in about 8 minutes and tells me immediately that it's the ignition switch and my battery needs to be changed. He calls a complementary tow, and I speak to the service adviser and he tells me it will be ready by Monday. Monday comes, he says he needs to re-diagnose the car's problem on paper, so I miss work after school to go and sit with him while he does this. He diagnoses the problem to be AGAIN, the ignition switch and battery >__>. He tells me it will be ready by today. I'm there promptly at 4:30 PM as he instructed, just for him to tell me they have no switches available and he has to order the part from Germany which takes 2-5 weeks. >__< Here I'm starting to get mad. Now he tells me my loaner is a 2005 Volvo S40, so I go get all the stuff out of my car and put it in the Volvo and drive off...
Should I have complained more? Did I do the right thing? Any other opinions?

Thanks ,
Tony
Old 12-08-2009, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
They should put you in a C Class especially given the amount of time to get the part. I have a hard time believing they can’t get an ignition switch faster. The part should be expressed to the dealer within a couple days. I had a shift boot brought in from Germany in a couple days.
I would call back and inform them the Volvo is just not cutting it and you want a comparable car to your C as well as an explanation as to why it will takes so long to simply ship a part.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:26 PM

C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by C300Sport
They should put you in a C Class especially given the amount of time to get the part. I have a hard time believing they can’t get an ignition switch faster. The part should be expressed to the dealer within a couple days. I had a shift boot brought in from Germany in a couple days.
I would call back and inform them the Volvo is just not cutting it and you want a comparable car to your C as well as an explanation as to why it will takes so long to simply ship a part.
I'll do just that tomorrow morning, thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 10:53 AM

2010 C300 SPORT
WTF!

I just bought my c300 sport from that same dealer a few days ago...my first MB. I hope this is not what i can expect for service there...
Old 12-10-2009, 02:16 PM

C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by ryahia
I just bought my c300 sport from that same dealer a few days ago...my first MB. I hope this is not what i can expect for service there...
Well let me tell you, the roadside assistance is phenomenal. I also have a friend that works in parts: Adrian, they call him Chino , anyway, in that aspect they're very good although the Coral Gables dealership gives you water and croquettas when you walk in ...
Honestly though, other than this ignition issue, it's not a bad dealer.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
They should have put you into a C300 loaner car for the duration of the repair.

I hardly believe they had to go all the way to Germany for the part. Something is real screwy there.

Keep us in the loop on this progresses.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 PM

C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by JimPap
They should have put you into a C300 loaner car for the duration of the repair.

I hardly believe they had to go all the way to Germany for the part. Something is real screwy there.

Keep us in the loop on this progresses.
I spoke to my friend Adrian who works at the dealer and he told me it's because the least time they stocked ignition switches someone stole a whole bunch, not a really valid reason, but still a reason.

Also what killed me was the 2-5 week wait. You could put it on Michael Phelps's back and swim it here faster >__>
Old 12-11-2009, 10:31 AM

2009 c300 sport
When I left my car there for a transmission issue, they gave me a C300 sport as a loaner, The only complaint I have is the cost of A & B services?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 PM

C300 Luxury
Got a quick update. I spoke to my friend Adrian at the dealer and he told me Germany has overnight shipping if I complain a little bit, so I went over there and just said that I really miss my car, etc. Turns out they'll have it back tomorrow. Oh yeah, I have 50K miles on mine, service B's coming soon =(