C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Anyone Miss Driving Their C This Winter ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w204 - 350 N other white cars
Anyone Miss Driving Their C This Winter ???

I miss driving my C and she been hibernating for a few months now, so I am just curious if there were other members who have tucked away their C in a storage unit this winter? What was the reasons for the storage?

I have to start it every 2 weeks and let it run for a good 20 minutes each time.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
enjoying my baby in the snow!

why aren't you using yours? throw some snow tires on her!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 C300 4Matic Sport
4Matic = no need to store
Old 01-21-2010, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Just wondering....why store it? We drive them all around up north, and with good snow tires, even my rwd does very well!

BTW, don't you get flat spots on the tires? Considered jacking the car?
Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM

09' E350 AMG Sport, 09' C300, 03' Honda S2K
These cars were bulit within in German specs and it snows like crap over there. Imagine all the Canada drivers, I dont think they park their car in the winter, unless it a garage queen.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:02 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
LET IT REST

.....I miss driving my C and she been hibernating for a few months now, so I am just curious if there were other members who have tucked away their C in a storage unit this winter? What was the reasons for the storage? I have to start it every 2 weeks and let it run for a good 20 minutes each time.....

You should not start it unless you are going to drive it. Idling does not warm it up adequately and causes wear. If you are concerned about the battery, buy a battery maintainer and BTW this is not a trickle charger which is an outdated and inaccurate term.

My Porsche has not moved an inch since last September and I know that when I fire it up it will be running in about two seconds and ready to go in thirty more. After I disconnect the battery maintainer, that is.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Not quite sure why anyone would store a C class for the winter (with the exception of the C63), but hey to each their own. The location of "farm country" doesn't help us determine if his C350 is 4matic or not, but even if he is from the States and its not, there are many threads on here of people praising the use of snow tires in the winter months on their C's. I'm running stock rubber on a 4matic and haven't had any problems with winter driving as long as you know how to drive in it and keep a watchful eye out for those that haven't a clue how to lol.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:33 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Winter layup

Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Not quite sure why anyone would store a C class for the winter (with the exception of the C63), but hey to each their own. The location of "farm country" doesn't help us determine if his C350 is 4matic or not, but even if he is from the States and its not, there are many threads on here of people praising the use of snow tires in the winter months on their C's. I'm running stock rubber on a 4matic and haven't had any problems with winter driving as long as you know how to drive in it and keep a watchful eye out for those that haven't a clue how to lol.
Even though my C300 is driven almost daily no matter what, I know there is a lot of cosmetic damage done during the winter what with sand, salt and gravel on the road, lying in wait to chip your paint and glass.

And I don't live in the snow belt.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:17 AM

2008 C350 Sport
If he has a C350 without snow tires I'm sure it drives like total crap in the snow... We had snow packed roads in the midwest for about two weeks and my C350 pretty muched stayed in the garage. I did try to drive it one day with about two inches of snow/slush and my car couldn't get up a moderate sized hill in our neighborhood. I'm sure that snow tires would help but RWD in more than a dusting of snow sucks! Why the hell doesn't MB sell the C350 4matic in the U.S.?! I would love to have AWD but I wanted the extra hp more than 4matic. It was a tough choice but usually we don't get much snow here so I went with the 350. Then of course we have the worst winter in 20 years right after I bought my car
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 AM

'08 c300 sport
Originally Posted by NJBNZ

I love driving in the snow.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
I like plowing through water like a motor boat......until it ruined one of my bizenons.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by JimPap
I like plowing through water like a motor boat......until it ruined one of my bizenons.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...lood-easy.html
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by WWMIndy
enjoying my baby in the snow!

why aren't you using yours? throw some snow tires on her!
HeHe... Too many toyz at the house and my C happen to be the cheapest so I had to put in storage.

Originally Posted by NJBNZ
with or without snow tires? either way, its better than rwd in snow anyday!

Originally Posted by Sportstick
Just wondering....why store it? We drive them all around up north, and with good snow tires, even my rwd does very well!

BTW, don't you get flat spots on the tires? Considered jacking the car?
I agree! I did put on snow tires before winter to see if i like them or not, and unfortunately, i didn't like them.. in addition, i can't justify the cost and hassle of driving in the snow and having to worry about possible donuts and ditches. This is also my last winter in this forbidden environment.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by charliele729
These cars were bulit within in German specs and it snows like crap over there. Imagine all the Canada drivers, I dont think they park their car in the winter, unless it a garage queen.
It does snow over there but weather conditions over there and here is different. We get more snow and sleet here than Germany. plus, it kinda depend on wether its a 4matic or RWD and types of snow tires as well!

Originally Posted by RLE
.....I miss driving my C and she been hibernating for a few months now, so I am just curious if there were other members who have tucked away their C in a storage unit this winter? What was the reasons for the storage? I have to start it every 2 weeks and let it run for a good 20 minutes each time.....

You should not start it unless you are going to drive it. Idling does not warm it up adequately and causes wear. If you are concerned about the battery, buy a battery maintainer and BTW this is not a trickle charger which is an outdated and inaccurate term.

My Porsche has not moved an inch since last September and I know that when I fire it up it will be running in about two seconds and ready to go in thirty more. After I disconnect the battery maintainer, that is.
I know what you mean RLE. Battery is just one issue. Because of the freezing cold, sometimes temperture get as cold as -20 or colder at night, which in turn can freeze up your gas tank (if its less than half tank) and other tubing connected to the engine...if you leave it for a while then it doesn't even matter if you have a good battery, it won't start! if you don't start it every so often you can also damage your engine due to excessive water that might have frozen. thats just my conculsion and i am just taking the advice of my mechanic. i am also recharging my remote as it need recharging every so often.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 PM

Really??? If you live around where i am at (upper midwest) than you might think twice about driving it on a daily basis. There is hardly any clean up when it snow or sleet cause its all farm country here and we don't have many plow truck to clean our small roads (especially with state budget cuts). yes, i would feel comfortable with a 4matic with good snow tires, but i have RWD. So RWD with good snow tires in my environment when snow is left to harden causes hazardous driving conditions. another factor is the dent from salt rocks and other vechiles sliding to you. although this is my first euro, I love my C and i take great pride in it. "That is the main reason why I am storing it". Regardless if its stock or mod. I disagree with the notion that it should be a C63 or higher for someone to store their car (like you said, "each their own". I take that and for all other lower C model member as offensive!!! I have other carz that is stored in my garage and there is too many toyz at the house to be backing up and forth in the drive way. BTW, there is only one family member and I that have all these carz. I don't usually show off my pictures to anyone except only to one member on here (hint: he has a pit bull) but you really ticked me off buddy with your comment. Maybe I am over reacting?

Got rid of this one before winter for the M5
Old 01-23-2010, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
my car is 1 year and 4 months old, and I have never driven it in the rain let alone snow. haha
Old 01-23-2010, 08:20 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

No rain

Originally Posted by joshg1001
my car is 1 year and 4 months old, and I have never driven it in the rain let alone snow. haha
And your everyday run-around car is what?

I can identify with this because my Porsche is 26.5 years since delivery and has never had a door ding and it's bumpers have never been touched by another car.

What do you mean, compulsive?
Old 01-23-2010, 10:33 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sport
Absolutely! I bought mine in Florida where 4matics weren't available at the time and then moved to the Northeast for College. So between college and the regular snow I only get to drive it certain times of the year.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
That M6 looks amazing !!

I hardly drive my car and it is in heated garage.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
Originally Posted by RLE
And your everyday run-around car is what?

I can identify with this because my Porsche is 26.5 years since delivery and has never had a door ding and it's bumpers have never been touched by another car.

What do you mean, compulsive?
my everday car is a Lexus RX, which I love to pludge head first into puddlew with
Old 01-25-2010, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by burnteggroll
Really??? If you live around where i am at (upper midwest) than you might think twice about driving it on a daily basis. There is hardly any clean up when it snow or sleet cause its all farm country here and we don't have many plow truck to clean our small roads (especially with state budget cuts). yes, i would feel comfortable with a 4matic with good snow tires, but i have RWD. So RWD with good snow tires in my environment when snow is left to harden causes hazardous driving conditions. another factor is the dent from salt rocks and other vechiles sliding to you. although this is my first euro, I love my C and i take great pride in it. "That is the main reason why I am storing it". Regardless if its stock or mod. I disagree with the notion that it should be a C63 or higher for someone to store their car (like you said, "each their own". I take that and for all other lower C model member as offensive!!! I have other carz that is stored in my garage and there is too many toyz at the house to be backing up and forth in the drive way. BTW, there is only one family member and I that have all these carz. I don't usually show off my pictures to anyone except only to one member on here (hint: he has a pit bull) but you really ticked me off buddy with your comment. Maybe I am over reacting?

Got rid of this one before winter for the M5
My intention wasn't that only the C63 should be garaged, but rather I was implying that the other models could be driven easily in the winter if chosen to (the to each their own comment). Where as the C63 would be more than a handful for even the most experienced driver in winter weather. Sorry for the confusion. I too have a vehicle that only sees the light of day when its 100% sunny and no clouds in site lol.

And by the way, I too live in "farm country" where only the main roads get plowed thoroughly and I have no problems what so ever with oem rubber on my 4matic.

Last edited by chilledbenz; 01-25-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Wow so now your 550i appears as an M5 from the front and your C350 appears as a C63 from the rear?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:06 PM

'09 C350
my c350 was fine in the snow and i live in MD, so all those snow storms its' fine!!! =P just remember one thing... speed up very very slowly... but once the car is in motion, it don't matter if it's front wheel or rear wheel.. it's fine!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:42 PM

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 GLE450
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
Wow so now your 550i appears as an M5 from the front and your C350 appears as a C63 from the rear?
haha

I wanted to say that too... where's the fender grills on the "M5"?!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
It's not an M5, it's a 550i. He's a poser.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Miss Driving Their C This Winter ???