C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New guys here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300, 330i, MDX
Originally Posted by leeer73
Thank you for all of the infos guys! No matter what package it is, I'm still loving this car!
That's really all that matters... Welcome to the forum...
Old 01-25-2010, 09:50 PM

2009 C300 Sport
Talking My new toy...'09 C300 Sport

I picked up a week ago here in Fort Worth at Park Place. It had been a service loaner with 22K miles. I traded my '08 TSX and can't be happier! It's the basic Sport - but has the black antenna on the roof. There was a Sirius tag in the glove box but no Sirius radio. Based on the options from the sticker (7 Speed Auto; Burl Walnut Trim and iPod Integration kit) in Iridium Silver.

Pulled it down for $29,900 and they gave me an excellent deal on my TSX.

I worked everything via email with Steve the internet manager and went in for a test drive. 1 1/2 hours later I was driving her home!

Excellent ride and handling. I'm a mellow driver but have goosed it a couple of times getting on the freeway.

I did order the White Star Badge from DFWdude and installed it this evening - only took about 5 minutes - most of which was getting the wax/dirt build up from around the plastic POS that MB installs.

Glad to be aboard!

Rob
Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2010, 12:23 AM

2008 c300 [] 1969 Chevelle SS [] 2010 Camaro
welcome! it's good to see another member from the DFW area on here. i bought mine from Park Place Mercedes in Dallas, they gave me a great deal as well and the salesman was very easy to work with. I highly recommend them!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:36 AM

2009 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport, 2006 Hummer H2 SUV, 1997 Toyota Tacoma 4WD V6
here is my 2009 Sport that we bought at Honolulu Mercedes Benz dealer. Upgrades includes wood trim, 7 speed automatic, IPOD adapter in glove box, 18" AMG wheels, Navigation with Harman Kardon sound system. we are living here in Kauai but soon be moving to Seattle.
Attached Thumbnails New guys here!-dsc02759.jpg   New guys here!-dsc02529.jpg   New guys here!-dsc02760.jpg   New guys here!-dsc02763.jpg  
Old 01-26-2010, 04:17 AM

'05 c230, '09 c300, '03 Durango
Nice ride! Wish mine had Nav!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by leeer73
Nice ride! Wish mine had Nav!
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-location.html

Garmin Nuvi with Arkon vent mount

gamin.com

arkon.com

Last edited by Sportstick; 01-26-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:18 PM

That's prett cool! I migt have to look into that at some point, thanks!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:20 PM

w204
Not for nuthin but how do you spend 30K+ on a car and not know what your buying or whats included?

And to buy a demo with 9k on it just seems ridiculous. Chances are that car has been raped for 9,000 miles, not broken in correctly, never warmed up properly, driven very hard for short durations and left to sit for maybe days/weeks at a time. Not to mention the car itself is probably getting close to being 18 months old and just now getting its 1st new owner...depending on the build date.

If it were me, I like to be a little bit more informed when buying big ticket items. That all being said, congrats on the new car...love the silver, wish I went that route.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200 Estate Kompressor W204, 2018 GLA 220d
Originally Posted by neero
Hi there,

just noticed the picture attached - does all automatic gear shofts have the red led to indicate where the position of teh shift is? Mine does not - or is it USA thing?
thanks-

sorry for the hijack
neero

Might be a blown fuse or loose wire as mine has it over here. Can't imagine it would be an option to save on $$$$.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:05 PM

2009 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by BEEPbeepZIPtang
Not for nuthin but how do you spend 30K+ on a car and not know what your buying or whats included?

And to buy a demo with 9k on it just seems ridiculous. Chances are that car has been raped for 9,000 miles, not broken in correctly, never warmed up properly, driven very hard for short durations and left to sit for maybe days/weeks at a time. Not to mention the car itself is probably getting close to being 18 months old and just now getting its 1st new owner...depending on the build date.

If it were me, I like to be a little bit more informed when buying big ticket items. That all being said, congrats on the new car...love the silver, wish I went that route.
The Benz is supposed to be one of the finest engineered vehicles produced. They are crafted to withstand the rigors of aggressive driving. If the vehicle cannot handle 9K miles of being 'raped', I would be sorely disappointed as many Mercedes products are known for exceeding 200K miles with no maintenance issues. BeepbeepZipTang - do you doubt Mercedes quality?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 W204.081; M 272.948 KE30; Colour Code#792
I think it's a respect issue... I'd never touch a car that's been demo'd due to the massive rapeage incurred regardless of how low the miles. Disrespected cars may survive in the long run, but the likelihood for issues due to it's disrespect is a lot higher.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM

C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Warrior6521
...I did order the White Star Badge from DFWdude and installed it this evening - only took about 5 minutes - most of which was getting the wax/dirt build up from around the plastic POS that MB installs.

Glad to be aboard!

Rob
What is a "White Star Badge"?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:22 AM

It was a last minute decision. We were going to get a brand new Audi or Bimmer, but we opted for the Benz the morning that we bought it. I mean letirally, I ate breakfast and was watching t.v. and I asked my wife if she wanted to go down to the benz dealer. 3 hours later we were home with our new beautiful car! I have dealt with alot of cars and I do know how to do my homework but I didn't have alot of time to prepare.

I did however specifically ask for the basic package as I know that I will do alot of modding down the road myself. So I did know what I was buying. The only reason that I brought up the whole model/package thing was becasue I thought that they may have mistakenly given me an upgraded version instead of a basic model. Seriously I am not new to this.

And to buy a demo with 9k on it just seems ridiculous. Chances are that car has been raped for 9,000 miles, not broken in correctly, never warmed up properly, driven very hard for short durations and left to sit for maybe days/weeks at a time. .
The type of people who were given this car as a loaner would probably not "rape" it. This isn't budget rent-a-car...I really don't think that it's that rediculas. After all I am covered for 100k miles or till 2014, so i don't think that there was a huge risk at all. Also I had them pull up the service records and the oil was changed already at 7000 miles. I'm not worried.

That all being said, congrats on the new car...love the silver, wish I went that route.
Thank you kind sir!

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter
I think it's a respect issue... I'd never touch a car that's been demo'd due to the massive rapeage incurred regardless of how low the miles. Disrespected cars may survive in the long run, but the likelihood for issues due to it's disrespect is a lot higher.
Lol, when it all boils down, as much as I like this car, that is all it really is.. A car. Respect(or lack there of) really isn't that much of an issue. I'm cover by my warranty, and will have probably long have gotten rid of this car for an upgrade before the warranty expires!

Originally Posted by daniel.edwards1
I wanna know too!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Vote out any legislators who won't support changing that to a sticker right on the &%^#$ license plate...the perpetrators of that sticker should be charged with malicious mischief, vandalism, and defacing private property!!
Seriously, is it against the law to place the sticker on the license plate?

(b) The director shall adopt rules pursuant to chapter 91 for motor carrier vehicle safety inspections, the issuance of certificates of safety inspection, the affixing of motor carrier vehicle safety inspection decals, and the acceptance of certificates of safety inspection issued in other jurisdictions.

Chapter 91 of Hawaii law is all procedural codes governing creation of rules. Your "director" of the safety program is required to publish and provide any rules governing the "affixing of motor carrier vehicle safety inspection decals". You can call and ask them to mail them to you at a "small price" according to Ch 91. I don't see any rules posted on the various county websites (there's no DMV in Hawaii).

"Whoever operates, permits the operation of, causes to be operated, or parks any motor carrier vehicle on a public highway without a current motor carrier vehicle safety inspection decal, issued under section 286-209, shall be fined $100 for each day of the violation. [L Sp 1977 1st, c 20, pt of §1; am L 1993, c 214, §9]"

The way the law is written, the decal doesn't even need to be affixed, it just needs to be issued for the vehicle and current. It does need to follow the rules established by the "Director" but you've got ample flexibility in the State statute concerning placement. Can you put it on your front windshield? Maybe. I would definitely write to your local office and ask them to mail you their established rules governing the safety inspection decal pursuant to Hawaii statues section 286 chapter 209.

Last edited by Peabody; 01-28-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Peabody
Seriously, is it against the law to place the sticker on the license plate?

(b) The director shall adopt rules pursuant to chapter 91 for motor carrier vehicle safety inspections, the issuance of certificates of safety inspection, the affixing of motor carrier vehicle safety inspection decals, and the acceptance of certificates of safety inspection issued in other jurisdictions.

Chapter 91 of Hawaii law is all procedural codes governing creation of rules. Your "director" of the safety program is required to publish and provide any rules governing the "affixing of motor carrier vehicle safety inspection decals". You can call and ask them to mail them to you at a "small price" according to Ch 91. I don't see any rules posted on the various county websites (there's no DMV in Hawaii).

"Whoever operates, permits the operation of, causes to be operated, or parks any motor carrier vehicle on a public highway without a current motor carrier vehicle safety inspection decal, issued under section 286-209, shall be fined $100 for each day of the violation. [L Sp 1977 1st, c 20, pt of §1; am L 1993, c 214, §9]"

The way the law is written, the decal doesn't even need to be affixed, it just needs to be issued for the vehicle and current. It does need to follow the rules established by the "Director" but you've got ample flexibility in the State statute concerning placement. Can you put it on your front windshield? Maybe. I would definitely write to your local office and ask them to mail you their established rules governing the safety inspection decal pursuant to Hawaii statues section 286 chapter 209.
It is clear under State of Hawaii Department of Transportation statutes that the safety inspection sticker must be affixed on the right portion most vertical in the right bumper and has to be visible from at least 50ft away.

The exact text is located on 19-133.2-24(b) in the State of Hawaii laws.

It may be allowable for cars in some states that require safety inspection to put it on their windshield, but it can not be done in Hawaii. If you ever visited Hawaii, every car has it on their bumper. If you don't, you're a walking target for HPD.

Believe me, I work for the State of Hawaii.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 516 Likes on 432 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Aloha,

I know that that dealership is, right across the street from BMW of Honolulu. I live in punch bowl area for 4 1/2 years. Mahalo
Old 01-28-2010, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by imboom
It is clear under State of Hawaii Department of Transportation statutes that the safety inspection sticker must be affixed on the right portion most vertical in the right bumper and has to be visible from at least 50ft away.

The exact text is located on 19-133.2-24(b) in the State of Hawaii laws.

It may be allowable for cars in some states that require safety inspection to put it on their windshield, but it can not be done in Hawaii. If you ever visited Hawaii, every car has it on their bumper. If you don't, you're a walking target for HPD.

Believe me, I work for the State of Hawaii.
You are partially correct, but stopped reading too soon. Please read the following link and notice that the requirement you quote is followed by an "or" statement, which allows an alternative, if it can be devised. Time for someone to get creative in Hawaii for a perhaps-European shaped bracket which can hold the stickers adjacent to the right side of the license plate. The car's sheetmetal would allow for this type of bracket, which this article indicates is legal.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/200...kokualine.html

Last edited by Sportstick; 01-28-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:59 PM

2009 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by daniel.edwards1
It's a retro look badge to replace the plastic MB badge on the hood on the C300 Sport (or if you have the luxury edition you can replace the upright ornament with the badge). I don't have a photo of it installed yet - but search for DFWdude on the forum. He markets them himself and I believe they're sharp. He has photos posted.