C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Which colour is this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 320
Which colour is this?

Hi...I'm purchasing a C350 in April and am torn over which colour to get. It's either the Tenorite Grey or the Sanidine Beige. Anyone know what colour this car is in the pic:

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Images/...16006a4800.jpg

Is it Sanidine Beige? It looks darker than the colour on the MB UK website.

What would you get? Tenorite with grey lether or Sanidine with beige leather?

Cheers,

DJ
Old 02-23-2010, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
That is 798 Sanidine Beige

Also consider Palladium Silver - great colour on a W204
Old 02-24-2010, 01:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ccoupe
kills the car go with silver, white, black IMO goodluck!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
It is in fact Sanidine Beige. IMO it looks farty and doesn't do the car justice at all. But if thats what you desire, go for it! Without going with the standard white, black, or silver. There is a dark smoke grey that just looks out of this world... Check it out.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:53 AM

SLK 320
Thanks guys.

So white is the colour of choice? Does it not get dirty too easily and always look old?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by DeckerJnr
Thanks guys.

So white is the colour of choice? Does it not get dirty too easily and always look old?
I have a white c300 4matic. It is soo much easier to keep clean than black. When it gets dirty there really is only a light creme covering and it doesn't make the car look old or particularly dirty. HOWEVER, brake dust is a KILLER on our cars. And for some reason most of this dust ends up on the rear trunk, and not the rims (expect for back right rim, I know, weird...)

My soultion to this is to cary around in the trunk a small detailing bottle and micrfiber cleaning cloth to clean the rear trunk and bumper when it builds up. Other than that its not hard to keep clean. Occasional black residue behind front wheels underneath the side skirts and behind the rear wheels on the under bumper. But either a hose works well or again detailing and cloth.

Keep in mind that none of this is neccessary and the car will look fine and clean without doing this. However, this is just to show how easy it is to keep the car in mint looking clean condition vs traditional black (full wash every week). If your concerned about keeping it looking clean then go for silver, you never have to wash those... But I don't like the light silver personally, I am more of the dark silver kinda guy - I think it is called steel grey.

Here is a picture of it:
Old 02-24-2010, 09:33 AM

SLK 320
Is that colour in the pic Palladium Silver?

In the UK we don't have a Steel Grey...but we have a Tenorite Grey - are they the same?

Can't make up my mind! Only 2wks before the order goes in..

What leather is the best? I like the brown..but the wife likes the grey. Any preferences?

And one more question...! What wood Burr Walnut or Eucalyptus?

Thanks again,

DJ

Last edited by DeckerJnr; 02-24-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by DeckerJnr
Is that colour in the pic Palladium Silver?

In the UK we don't have a Steel Grey...but we have a Tenorite Grey - are they the same?

Can't make up my mind! Only 2wks before the order goes in..

What leather is the best? I like the brown..but the wife likes the grey. Any preferences?

And one more question...! What wood Burr Walnut or Eucalyptus?

Thanks again,

DJ
In the picture above in my last post is Steel Grey, which in the UK would be considered Tenorite Grey, Palladium silver is much lighter, and IMO uglier. Here is a shot of the Palladium:

As far as leather goes, I am pretty sure that they change the dash according to what color you get. Are you getting the MB Tex fake leather (I got that and no one could ever tell the difference) or real leather. Here is a pic from a fellow member on the forum who got grey leather with black dash.

I have never seen brown or tan interior leather before... I didn't even know it was an option here in the U.S. What I would suggest is that even if your not ready to order, go visit your local dealer or call around to see if anyone has color combo's that your interested. First narrow down which exterior you want, then you can decide on the interior and wood. Because what color combos might look great with one exterior could look hideous with another.

Lastly, if you go here, you can view some color combo interiors and get a few shots of the different wood:
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/expl...yr=2010&bs=SDN

Last edited by jctevere; 02-24-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by jctevere
I have a white c300 4matic. It is soo much easier to keep clean than black. When it gets dirty there really is only a light creme covering and it doesn't make the car look old or particularly dirty. HOWEVER, brake dust is a KILLER on our cars. And for some reason most of this dust ends up on the rear trunk, and not the rims (expect for back right rim, I know, weird...)

My soultion to this is to cary around in the trunk a small detailing bottle and micrfiber cleaning cloth to clean the rear trunk and bumper when it builds up. Other than that its not hard to keep clean. Occasional black residue behind front wheels underneath the side skirts and behind the rear wheels on the under bumper. But either a hose works well or again detailing and cloth.

Keep in mind that none of this is neccessary and the car will look fine and clean without doing this. However, this is just to show how easy it is to keep the car in mint looking clean condition vs traditional black (full wash every week). If your concerned about keeping it looking clean then go for silver, you never have to wash those... But I don't like the light silver personally, I am more of the dark silver kinda guy - I think it is called steel grey.

Here is a picture of it:
That is Palladium, which I own. Steel Gray (OMGITSELAINE's car) is much darker and has more bluish cast. Find a post of her's at look at her sig.

P.S. Here.....I found it for you......https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...k-hid-kit.html

Last edited by Sportstick; 02-24-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Added pic of Steel Gray