C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New member - Need help with lease price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
New member - Need help with lease price

hello everyone, i am new to this forum, well almost, not officially yet. i am an ex BMW owner (07 328xi) and looking to get a mercedes. I wanted to get some expert opinion on this lease offer from my dealership. Also, can you tell me some reviews on your Mercedes, especially about the service and warranty. I had absolutely 0 problems with my BMW, loved that car, but hate getting the same car after a lease is up, I like to get something new and mercedes c300 looks sharp. I loved that BMW covered everything except tires altough the dealer at mercedes tells me its included in their price somehow which i am skeptical about. thanks

My BMW - RIP

Old 04-04-2010, 07:10 PM

2010 C300 4M Sport-1969 Camaro SS-2007 Harley Davidson Street Glide
Shop dealers...never pay sticker.

I do not know where you are located. If you happen to be in the PNW then go to Yakima Washington, Hahn Motors....they will deal.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:08 PM

CLK Cab
Originally Posted by Cyclopsracer
Shop dealers...never pay sticker.

I do not know where you are located. If you happen to be in the PNW then go to Yakima Washington, Hahn Motors....they will deal.
LOL he is not paying sticker, he included the MSRP sticker so people can see what he is getting but if you look at the lease workout sheet he is paying $43,220 for the car and MSRP is $45,310, Either way invoice on the car is $41,867 and C-Class can be had at invoice fairly easily.

OP if you have AAA or Costco membership you should be able to get the car at invoice as that is the negotiated price via both car buying programs. That $1351 you are paying the dealer in profits equals about $30 per month in your lease.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
You should be able to do a good bit better. There are several threads regarding this but check this one out:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-you-paid.html

As you can see there have been some pretty good deals out there. I got over 4K off my bare bones manual so you should be able to push a good bit harder. Good Luck and let us know how the negotiations go.

Edit: Just read where you picked up your car last Thurs. Congrats! Hope you love it!

Last edited by C300Sport; 04-04-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:07 PM

'10 C300 Sport 4MATIC, Rover
I bought in December and that price is HIGH. Shop around and play the dealers off each other. I had one willing to drive 300 miles to sell me the car. The local dealer matched his offer, and had exactly what we wanted in the showroom. I'm sure you can knock at LEAST a couple thousand off. Of course, I bought and I don't know how flexible they are with a lease. I would think it should be the same. I went with the USAA buying program and saved $6000 off msrp ($45,xxx) and another $1200 for financing through MB at 1.9%. I didn't even know about the extra $1200 until I got the first bill. It was their Christmas offer. I think I hit the jackpot with that deal.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:15 AM

2010 C300 4M Sport-1969 Camaro SS-2007 Harley Davidson Street Glide
Originally Posted by mcdohl
LOL he is not paying sticker, he included the MSRP sticker so people can see what he is getting but if you look at the lease workout sheet he is paying $43,220 for the car and MSRP is $45,310, Either way invoice on the car is $41,867 and C-Class can be had at invoice fairly easily.

OP if you have AAA or Costco membership you should be able to get the car at invoice as that is the negotiated price via both car buying programs. That $1351 you are paying the dealer in profits equals about $30 per month in your lease.

LOL...sorry I missed that. I traded in a 1 year old Nissan and got full sticker for what the Nissan cost the year before on a lease 2 weeks ago. Even at the "couple grand" difference....still not much of a deal
Old 04-05-2010, 03:38 AM

CLK Cab
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian
I bought in December and that price is HIGH. Shop around and play the dealers off each other. I had one willing to drive 300 miles to sell me the car. The local dealer matched his offer, and had exactly what we wanted in the showroom. I'm sure you can knock at LEAST a couple thousand off. Of course, I bought and I don't know how flexible they are with a lease. I would think it should be the same. I went with the USAA buying program and saved $6000 off msrp ($45,xxx) and another $1200 for financing through MB at 1.9%. I didn't even know about the extra $1200 until I got the first bill. It was their Christmas offer. I think I hit the jackpot with that deal.
You can not compare going via USAA buying programing vs anyone else as USAA buying program includes a fleet discount of $2k which the dealer gets reimbursed via MBUSA. If you look at the price you paid for your car it is invoice minus $2k. That $2k comes from the MBUSA in the form of a fleet discount. No dealer is going to be willing to sell a C Class at $2k below invoice as that would wipe out all the trunk money too and not make the sale worthwhile. Only way to get C Class below invoice either via fleet discount program offered by some large companies or USAA or buying it durning one of MB "Friends and Family" discount periods as I have seen many dealerships allow salesman claim you are "their friend or family" which allows you to get a fleet discount of between $1-2k depending on the promo MB is running at the time.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Stucazzo
... I loved that BMW covered everything except tires altough the dealer at mercedes tells me its included in their price somehow which i am skeptical about. thanks
Have the dealer put it in writing. Because MBs do not have a maintenance program built in anymore.

I went with the USAA buying program and saved $6000 off msrp ($45,xxx) and another $1200 for financing through MB at 1.9%. I didn't even know about the extra $1200 until I got the first bill. It was their Christmas offer.
Not everybody has access to a military program discount. See below comment.

Originally Posted by mcdohl
You can not compare going via USAA buying programing vs anyone else as USAA buying program includes a fleet discount of $2k which the dealer gets reimbursed via MBUSA. ..... USAA or buying it durning one of MB "Friends and Family" discount periods as I have seen many dealerships allow salesman claim you are "their friend or family" which allows you to get a fleet discount of between $1-2k depending on the promo MB is running at the time.
You are correct. Why do so many newbies make these claims assuming everybody else has these same capabilities is beyond me.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 AM

'10 C300 Sport 4MATIC, Rover
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Have the dealer put it in writing. Because MBs do not have a maintenance program built in anymore.

Not everybody has access to a military program discount. See below comment.

You are correct. Why do so many newbies make these claims assuming everybody else has these same capabilities is beyond me.
Hi,
I never suggested that he had access to the USAA program. I posted what I got, and how I got it. (invoice -3100). He may have access to another program, or maybe even USAA. Maybe his or his spouses parents are/were militay. The dealer isn't going to screen him to make sure he's not missing out on a better deal. That's why he asked here, right??? Also the USAA program was $1500 back to Benz on the C300-350 at that time. It looks to me that he's still paying 1500-2000 too much, unless there was an additional discount back than.
BTW, thanks for the newbie slur, of course I actually provided a useful recent data point. Maybe that's why I shared.
Also, looking at his quote, he's paying for the maintenance program.($769)

Last edited by Dr.Brian; 04-05-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:57 AM

CLK Cab
Hi,
Also, looking at his quote, he's paying for the maintenance program.($769)
Yeah ok and he is also paying for 12k miles a year so chances are he will need service A, and B. The break even point for the star maintenance is service service A, B as Service A is about $200 and Service B is $600. If the service light is on his car when he returns it chances are the MBF will require Service C which is due at 36000 miles so depending on how close to 12k miles a year he drives pre-paying the first 4 year/48k miles worth of maintenance might not be so bad.