C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Has Anyone Seen My Rear Doors???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:57 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Coupe

Originally Posted by nukefixer
According to the article, the sedan is to be built in Alabama USA and the Coupe will be built in Germany.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010...NEWS/100409957
Looking at this website, which was a waste of time, I was not amused to read all the comments from BMW drivers shown below. So many mis-statements of fact. Of course, no one said that the average BMW driver knew anything.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
It doesn't matter where the car will be built because it's ugly as hell. It's like the R-class. It didn't sell in it's current form, it definitely won't sell well in it's new form.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sportstick
Hmmmmm.....the business case likely found that the costs of facilitizing the U.S. plant for a fifth bodystyle (with GL, M, R, C sedan) outweighed the potential profit from currency conversions and shipping. The Alabama plant should be highly flexible, given how new it is, so the anticipated coupe volume is likely low for the US vs. ROW. In other words, we are getting the coupe because they already happen to have it for other markets and homologating the coupe after the sedan for the U.S. from Germany was relatively low incremental investment. But, don't plan to see lots of them!
Facilitizing? Reading your posts of late is a bit like wading through knee deep wet concrete.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by RLE
Facilitizing? Reading your posts of late is a bit like wading through knee deep wet concrete.

If my sesquipedaliance is disheartening, please propound the appropriate synonym!

Just kidding....actually, "facilitizing" an industry term...sorry for the car biz lingo....still comes naturally after a few decades.

My wisecracks in the Ipad thread should balance me out the other way!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:10 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Facilitizing

Originally Posted by Sportstick
If my sesquipedaliance is disheartening, please propound the appropriate synonym!

Just kidding....actually, "facilitizing" an industry term...sorry for the car biz lingo....still comes naturally after a few decades.

My wisecracks in the Ipad thread should balance me out the other way!
Configuring would have been clearer. Much.

Your use of homologating is also questionable. What does the FIA have to do with this?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by RLE
Configuring would have been clearer. Much.

Your use of homologating is also questionable. What does the FIA have to do with this?
At work, it would have been a head-scratcher. Configurations refer to a particular build combination of a vehicle, as in "How was the vehicle configured"..plants are "facilitized". Again, sorry for the industry lingo.

Homologating is unrelated to FIA in this same manner. For example, when a domestic program would go through engineering changes to meet requirements of another country, that process was described as, for example, "homologated to meet Spanish requirements." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homologation

I will try to do better to use more commonly understood terms! Now, let's get everyone who writes "u" and "ur" to move to "you" and "your or you're", as needed!

Last edited by Sportstick; 04-07-2010 at 08:40 PM.