C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

tire bubble, need help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by RLE
USA cars don't have run flats. As I previously stated, they have an inflated space saver. The spare tire wells are all the same.

Does ANY MB anywhere have run flats?

Not to my knowledge and, hopefully, never....are you listening MB?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Originally Posted by RLE
USA cars don't have run flats. As I previously stated, they have an inflated space saver. The spare tire wells are all the same.

Does ANY MB anywhere have run flats?
So the space saver does not save any space so it must be a weight/ & /or cost saving measure by MB USA.

Talking of Run Flats. A lady in her BMW was booked by police for speeding about 60 km north of me. . She became so incensed that she immediately took off & was caught doing 100 km over the limit. The police halted the chase on safety grounds & radioed ahead for tyre spikes to be layed across the road. The thing was that it took quite a few kms after the tyre spikes for the run flats to go off to the extent that the car was not drivable.
An angry lady was picked up later walking beside the road.
The lesson, If you wish to avoid the Police ,drive a BMW.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
I don't know if you have this option where you live, but where i live,(New York) they have somthing called Standard Road hazard warranty for the 2 tires your gonna purchase. What that does is if you pay about 8 dollars more for the tires, you get a warranty on any bubbles, flats and sidescrape flats. They will give you a brand new tire(s) if you encounter any of those problems, if it can not be fixed. Also the warranty expires if your tread is less than 20% or 30% i believe. As long as you put a penny on the tread and goes up to the head or hair, your good. Good luck
Old 04-08-2010, 11:27 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Spare reifen

Originally Posted by Carsy
So the space saver does not save any space so it must be a weight/ & /or cost saving measure by MB USA. (BMW anecdote deleted)
It's an inflated tire on a steel wheel. 125/90 R16 temporary spare, max speed 50mph. It's right in there with the folded up fuse list that some can't find.

Logic tells me that it is used on all W204s considering the different sizes of wheels and tires across the model line. In other words, this one size fits all.