C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

my upcomping mods...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
my upcomping mods...

Yo, i joined this site to check out all the mods and DYI on w204 C300 Sport...
I just finished changing engine oil using Liquivac Topsider with K&N Oil Filter 7004, and almost took me 1 hour....which wasn't bad.
I was thinking of my near future mods...
i welcome all the positive and negative comments....and please...Please..let me know what i should do or shouldn't do on your side...

the day came off the dealer June, 2008

1. ASA GT1

Front 19x8.5 w/ Yoko Advan Sport 235/35ZR/19 *would this size rub the fender
Rear 19x9.5 w/ Yoko Advan Sport 255/30ZR/19 or 265/30ZR/19
*paint the lip in red

2. DDM HID Kit 55W 6000k Headlight
3. Stealth Auto's Stealth bulb on Corner signal lights
4. LED Eyelids from iJDMtoy
5. Smoked clear corner side marker
6. Lamin-x tint rear tail lights
6. CF Bumper Lip

7. Revozport RBS CF Rear diffuser (if it fits, CF underpanel also)
8. Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust w/ Section 2 SR Connecting Pipe
9. Vinyl window trims to black, just like some of you have already done
10. Paint grills in black, but leaving the chrome trims( will be working on it this weekend)

i think that's about it...
most of these mods will be done at home, since i'm located in Norcal(SF) and there aren't any shops that i know and i have most of the tools that i need for these jobs....impact tools, wire feed welder, and such...
this should take about 3months...lol(sarcasm...)if my fiance doesn't throw me out....

I would tint the windows, but my fiance can't stand not being able to look at the back mirror and can't see anything(cops)
That also goes to, no lowering, already scratched up both corners of the front bumper...

I would really appreciate for your comments....(+/-) is fine...let me know what you think....

I will post pictures as soon as i'm done with each mods...
Old 04-09-2010, 05:07 PM

c300
if you scratched both corner of the front bumper then i dont think you should add CF front lip on since it will lower a bit.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:11 PM

C300
i was thinking that too, but i can only cross my fingers and hope that she wont?...
also need it to cover some the scratches.....which might make it worse if she scratches again..we'll find out how long she can keep it UNdamaged...
Old 04-09-2010, 05:15 PM

c300
haha good luck with that.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Should think about dropping her so she doesn't ride 4x4 style. Springs if you don't got the cash, coilovers if you do.

Originally Posted by gonzo7117
most of these mods will be done at home, since i'm located in Norcal(SF) and there aren't any shops that i know and i have most of the tools that i need for these jobs....impact tools, wire feed welder, and such...
Sonic Motorsports in Mountain View can take care of every single thing on that list for you. Ask for Darwin and tell him I sent you and he'll take care of you.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
16 GLE400, 16 eGolf, 15 M3, 13 328i, 06 S430, 98 E320
I am in SF also and bought the car at the same stealership and same color...have fun modding and definitely wanna check it out when you are done...
Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 PM

C350
are you planning to change the foglight or the highbeam lights?
Old 04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
nice list of mods the entire list can be done yourself with a friend. save you some money on labor as well.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:21 AM

2008 C350
if i were you, i wouldnt get the ijdm eyelid leds.. i bought like 4-5 sets from them and they melted my eyelid bulb plugs.. went to MB dealer just to buy the eyelid plugs and they told me they do not sell just the plugs. Don't get screwed like me.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Originally Posted by ginkgo
if i were you, i wouldnt get the ijdm eyelid leds.. i bought like 4-5 sets from them and they melted my eyelid bulb plugs.. went to MB dealer just to buy the eyelid plugs and they told me they do not sell just the plugs. Don't get screwed like me.
OMG I thought they were like one of the best in the market now. Was actually planning to get 2 sets from them until I saw this. Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you'll get your problems sorted out soon.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:59 AM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by Royce118
OMG I thought they were like one of the best in the market now. Was actually planning to get 2 sets from them until I saw this. Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully you'll get your problems sorted out soon.
No problem,, after my leds burnt out and melted my jammy, i was forced to get the big side light plugs and mod it myself and put it in... Forget the leds for now unless you want to take a chance.. if you really don't like the yellowness on the eyelids, go for polarg m4s. Still kinda yellowish sometimes when i look at them but better than the stock super yellows. Having the stock eyelid bulbs on my car felt like my car smoked like 40 packs a day and drank gallons and gallons of coffee.. gotta hate yellow.. even on these damn nyc short *** traffic lights. gives me a minor heart attack everytime and makes me stomp it lolz.. Yellow foglight tints however is acceptable.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
No problem,, after my leds burnt out and melted my jammy, i was forced to get the big side light plugs and mod it myself and put it in... Forget the leds for now unless you want to take a chance.. if you really don't like the yellowness on the eyelids, go for polarg m4s. Still kinda yellowish sometimes when i look at them but better than the stock super yellows. Having the stock eyelid bulbs on my car felt like my car smoked like 40 packs a day and drank gallons and gallons of coffee.. gotta hate yellow.. even on these damn nyc short *** traffic lights. gives me a minor heart attack everytime and makes me stomp it lolz.. Yellow foglight tints however is acceptable.
Nah was actually planning to upgrade from the polarg m4s. Guess I'll stick with them until something suitable comes out into the market. Same goes for me. Yellow just ain't my taste =x
Old 04-12-2010, 03:08 AM

2008 C350
Nah was actually planning to upgrade from the polarg m4s. Guess I'll stick with them until something suitable comes out into the market. Same goes for me. Yellow just ain't my taste =x
Not exactly sure about the name but i was planning on getting some diamond vision or crystal vision or watever cause i heard that those come out whiter, but not too sure about those.. looks like I gotta do more research..
Old 04-12-2010, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Not exactly sure about the name but i was planning on getting some diamond vision or crystal vision or watever cause i heard that those come out whiter, but not too sure about those.. looks like I gotta do more research..
LOL! They're both by Philips. I'm using the diamond visions on both my lows and fogs. Try searching around for my pics. I've uploaded them before.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 AM

2008 C350
LOL! They're both by Philips. I'm using the diamond visions on both my lows and fogs. Try searching around for my pics. I've uploaded them before.
LOL.. looks like those doesn't hit the spot either? out of the polargs and the diamond which do you think its whiter?(less yellowish?)
Old 04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15 E200CGI SPORT
Polargs are less whiter. Have you seen my pics? I think it's better for you to decide after you see the pics.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Did they really? I'm running them right now...and have been for the past 4-5 months......I think I'll go check on em again. Did you contact iJDM directly?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Niti24

i got mine for ijdm as well. so far so good. I hope nothing happens
Old 04-13-2010, 02:57 AM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
Did they really? I'm running them right now...and have been for the past 4-5 months......I think I'll go check on em again. Did you contact iJDM directly?
yep,, when i got them they worked about 3-4 months no problem.. then one of them went out, so i tried to take them out and it was completely melted together with the plug.. i got scared others might melt too and took them out.. when i took them out,, they were like all brownish all over the place about to burn out and melt other plugs.. i contacted ijdm they did give me store credit, and said they were sorry this happened. i asked for money back, but they told me they would take like 10-15% restocking fee, so i just paid more and got the hid flashlight from them.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C63
I think the reason why the LEDs burn out the socket is cuz of the built in resistors which will add heat. The only way I can think of is to buy LEDs without resistors built in, but then that would throw the CEL, so you would have to connect a I believe 10W? resistor to the wires leading to the socket. It's just a huge hassle. I've searched on here before, someone did it and covered the resistor with something forgot....but supposedly it will keep the resistor from melting as well. I would do it but I'm just too lazy
Hope that helps you guys out that want the LEDs.