C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

hard to find the premium package2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taurus
hard to find the premium package2

I'm looking to buy a new c300 sports with P2 packages, but it is really difficult find the one with the P2 package here in Dallas.
Is it becuse this package so famous that no inventory is available or because it is not a famous package so that the dealers are not stocking inventory?

I really want the HID lamp, but I wonder if it is worthwhile to order the new car with custom option just beacuse of the HID lamp. (I assume I cannot get discount if I order the custom options?)

Any suggestions?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:29 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Its worth it for the split folding rear seats alone....

And my guess is most dealers don't order it because it jacks the price up a bit high for most people looking at a C-class...

- Eric
Old 04-29-2010, 11:32 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Unequipped

Originally Posted by mbhorn
I'm looking to buy a new c300 sports with P2 packages, but it is really difficult find the one with the P2 package here in Dallas.
Is it becuse this package so famous that no inventory is available or because it is not a famous package so that the dealers are not stocking inventory?

I really want the HID lamp, but I wonder if it is worthwhile to order the new car with custom option just beacuse of the HID lamp. (I assume I cannot get discount if I order the custom options?)

Any suggestions?
I think a lot of W204 buyers want the MB look and the status but just can't afford to equip the car. So you end up with a lot of plain jane models. Which is why we see so many posts about finding the lowest lease payment.

Yes, I configured my car with P2 and MM and had to wait a long time for it. I don't regret it a bit.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 PM

None
Judging from what I see, it seems that the P2 Package is not too popular on the C300. Dealers probably want to keep the cost of the C300 low, and when you opt the C300 with the P2 Package, it is just $2,000 apart from the C350.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
If you're only reason for wanting the P2 package is the Bixenon, let me express that I wasn't all that impressed with them. The halogen replacements in my previous car, a Buick, were much brighter. Save the coin and just swap out the OEM tungsten bulbs with some extra bright halogens.

My reason for the P2 package had to do with the rear seat pass through. The trunk is smaller than on previous cars and the extra space in the backseat would be useful.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Originally Posted by RLE
I think a lot of W204 buyers want the MB look and the status but just can't afford to equip the car. So you end up with a lot of plain jane models. Which is why we see so many posts about finding the lowest lease payment.

Yes, I configured my car with P2 and MM and had to wait a long time for it. I don't regret it a bit.
Ditto..just over a 2 month wait for me.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:42 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43
+1.. don't sacrifice on options for a cheaper car. You won't know how happy you could have been
Old 04-30-2010, 02:19 AM

C300
i had the same problem, had to settle for a non P2, and this coming from an ex bmw owner with the fold down seats and the bi-xenons, i havnt complained yet. i went through this when buying my car. how bright were the halogens, are they close to the xenon. well i had my dealer look everywhere and he couldnt find a p2 with the amg rims i wanted. i wasnt gonna get the car without the rims. anyways, its not bad, save the money or put it towards another feature. i couldnt afford the pop out nav so i got the little nav and love it (that coming from no gps in my cars ever)
Old 04-30-2010, 03:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ml350
Wait for the p2, and don't forget the led/turn tail lights. I doubt any halogens would come close to HID's, that was my main reason to get the p2. Plus you get to try out the ebay led tails without throwing error codes.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:47 AM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by yister
Wait for the p2, and don't forget the led/turn tail lights. I doubt any halogens would come close to HID's, that was my main reason to get the p2. Plus you get to try out the ebay led tails without throwing error codes.
I'm pretty sure they would still throw errors since the bulbs that are being "upgraded" to LED are all of the other lights aside from the turn signal... so while the turn signal would probably not throw an error, all the other lights probably still would.

Go with P2.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by blue00r6
+1.. don't sacrifice on options for a cheaper car. You won't know how happy you could have been

+1 Keep in mind that you're buying a Mercedes-Benz!! Don't compromise, just order it the way you know you want it!!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:17 PM

C350 Sport P2
I have waited 1 month. But then i went to California to buy it
It worth. But when you want only HID, i think u can take P1. and to add aftermarket HID.
I wanted to buy C300 at first time, but i couldn't find..
Old 04-30-2010, 12:27 PM

2008 C 300 sport
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
+1 Keep in mind that you're buying a Mercedes-Benz!! Don't compromise, just order it the way you know you want it!!
+2...did you try Park Place Motors in the Dallas area, the original owner informed me that is where he purchased the car, 2008 p2 fully loaded. Take your time it took me a while but I was happy with the wait.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:01 PM

taurus
Yes, I've checked the Park Place motors but, they have only 1 model (c300 luxury) equipped with the p2 package. The dealr was not sure whether they are going to have more vehicles with p2.

Thanks for all your comment!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:33 AM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by mbhorn
The dealr was not sure whether they are going to have more vehicles with p2.
Ok, that right there is a load of cr*p because the Dealer knows exactly what is ordered and pending delivery from Germany. In fact, they can look up anything in production right now even with other dealers and trade! My dealer did a search and saw a car in production (mine) equipped the way I wanted that was ordered by/destined for another dealership -- they called and traded to get it and redirected delivery once it got off the boat.

Two options - either call them out on it because you are paying good money for this vehicle, or clearly they don't want your business so walk....

My .02

- Eric
Old 05-01-2010, 07:49 PM

I am extremely happy I didn't cheap out and not opt for the p2.

Like others said, P2 is worth it for the folding seats alone. I've carried desks on my car before.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:37 PM

2008 W204 C300 Sport
I'd say load it up if you can. I think HID's are a must have on an MB and the LED indicators look a lot cleaner than the base tail lights. I got just about every option on mine and don't regret it one bit. Now if only it had leather....
Old 05-01-2010, 08:59 PM

2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by ShaunPatrick
I'd say load it up if you can. I think HID's are a must have on an MB and the LED indicators look a lot cleaner than the base tail lights. I got just about every option on mine and don't regret it one bit. Now if only it had leather....
I agree, although I'm still thinking the MBTex will probably last longer than full leather... and I plan on keeping this car until it stops moving ;-)
Old 05-02-2010, 06:49 PM

W211 E63
Keep looking around and I'm sure you'll find one. I just picked up my c350 with P2 a couple days ago. It is worth the wait
Old 05-02-2010, 07:20 PM

'10 C300 Sport 4MATIC, Rover
People definitely seem to save money on the options in their Benzes. Before I decided on a 2010 C, I looked for an 09 E class. All the cars available within about 250 miles were basically base. All of them. I don't really understand why. If you have the loot for a $50k+ car, you should be able to put some nice options in it. It is also strange to me that almost none of the cars have the optional side airbags. The Audi guy actually said they would be dangerous for my kids. I told him that I see pediatric trauma all the time in the OR and I had never seen a side impact airbag injury. That was pretty much the end of the conversation. I did add that he should probably stop telling parents that before he got someone hurt. That was really the end of the conversation. He offered to order me a car with the airbags, I left chuckling. Moron.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:40 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Bad info

Originally Posted by Dr.Brian
People definitely seem to save money on the options in their Benzes. Before I decided on a 2010 C, I looked for an 09 E class. All the cars available within about 250 miles were basically base. All of them. I don't really understand why. If you have the loot for a $50k+ car, you should be able to put some nice options in it. It is also strange to me that almost none of the cars have the optional side airbags. The Audi guy actually said they would be dangerous for my kids. I told him that I see pediatric trauma all the time in the OR and I had never seen a side impact airbag injury. That was pretty much the end of the conversation. I did add that he should probably stop telling parents that before he got someone hurt. That was really the end of the conversation. He offered to order me a car with the airbags, I left chuckling. Moron.
Good story.

I have seen here, time and time again, tales relating "the Dealer said this or that" (therefore gospel) when it is actually the salesman shoveling the BS in attempt to move a car that's in stock.

He makes his living moving what they have out back, not custom ordering a car that will take months to arrive, delaying his commission.

Which is why you see so many Silver/black base models which are ordered for stock for the impulse buyers who just have to have the car that day.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian
Maybe you don't see side impact injuries for two reasons. 1) May People don't even have them and 2) there is probably a correlation between the people who have them and a concern for safety right? And if you have a concern for safety you are probably a more defensive driver hence you won't be having accidents that require time in OR, or 3) the airbags are so destructive that victims get sent straight to a mortician instead of the OR.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by RLE
Which is why you see so many Silver/black base models which are ordered for stock for the impulse buyers who just have to have the car that day.
And I thought I actually liked my silver/black car...

Seriously though, I wanted a manual transmission and my base model was the only silver car in the region. I could have ordered one from the factory but thought saving the money would be nice. I have to admit, other than split folding rear seats, I am quite happy with my basic ride.

Last edited by C300Sport; 05-03-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:57 AM

\
Seriously! When I look at ads for a base price C300 for like $29,999 and think "damn.. mine was almost twice that price" but then the dealership gave me a C190 Kompressor with no options as a rental car while mine was getting repaired and I was miserable driving it.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:01 AM

\
Originally Posted by RLE
I ordered silver/black and waited 5 months for it to come off production. Silver is a classic color for Mercedes racing.

I just wish I could have ordered it with red leather interior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hard to find the premium package2