C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

JL AUDI Cleansweep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 c350
Exclamation JL AUDI Cleansweep

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...=1&prod_id=369

i was wondering if anyone has this or knows if this is compatible with our w204s..

thanks guys
Old 05-30-2010, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Which audio system do you have? Audio 20, Audio 50, Multimedia, HK Multimedia?
The JL Audio Cleansweep is designed to receive speaker level inputs and "clean" the signal before sending it to an amp. The problem with the HK and upgraded systems is the signal to the amps is an optical output so you would have to tap into the speaker level outputs from the amp. The good part is that the amps are in the trunk so they are easier to get to. The Audio 20 & 50 systems have the amp built in to the headunit. so you have to remove the headunit to tap in to the lines.
Have you checked out the Audison Bit1? More expensive than the Cleansweep but a much better processing unit.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:52 AM

08 c350
i have the harmon and kardon package. i know the amp is in the back and what not but getting to the wires seem to be a real PITA. and the reason i went for the JL cleansweep because i heard it was good and its already at my disposal, no searching to go find it. Thanks Sigfreak

one more question do you know where the firewall is on our cars?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c300
Hey guys, I bought my 2008 c300 (w/ HK multimedia system) about 2 months ago, and i'm loving it. This is my first post - be gentle...

I have a couple very specific questions about the cleansweep in a w204. I'd use it only to clean the signal to the sub, and not integrate it into the rest of the system. FYI, I'm working with a 500/1 amp and a 12w7 driver in the JL ProWedge box from my old car. My questions are:

1) If I set it up as [trunk factory amp signal-->cleansweep-->500/1 amp-->driver], I assume the sub volume will fluctuate with the master head unit volume (zero when muted, loud bass when high). Is this correct?

2) If I set it up the same as above, but attach the remote volume knob accessory that is included with the cleansweep, how does the remote volume work? Is it possible that I turn the volume down to zero on the head unit, but the subwoofer is still firing loudly because the cleansweep volume is independent and still on high? That would be unideal, I would like the sub to still fluctuate with the master volume.

So the ideal situation is as follows:
-when the master volume is at 10: the subwoofer will be loud when the remote knob is at 10, and silenced when the remote knob is at zero.
-When I turn down the master volume to zero: the subwoofer is silenced even if the remote knob is at 10.

Is this possible? I am by no means an aftermarket audio expert and will be hiring a professional to do the install.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C300 4Matic
LOOKS REAL COOL...

I WOULD ALSO USE THIS JUST FOR ADDING EXTRA BASS AS THE HK SYSTEM IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD.

ILL STAY POSTED ON THIS THREAD TO SEE WHAT PPL SAY ABOUT IT.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 PM

08 c350
ok guys heres my set up:

I have a custom made sealed box with 2 12w3's. One 1000w amp, and the cleansweep. The cleansweep has wires that connect to the speaker wires coming from the HK amp. after that and installation is complete i can control the overall volume of everything from the Master head unit, of course ive said this in a few of my other threads but i am absolutely in love with my new bass. regarding the bass knob for some reason mine doesnt work, im not sure why but it doesnt adjust the bass, i adjust the bass from the COMAND. any other questions just ask =]
Old 06-11-2010, 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C180 / W176 A45
Using a cleansweap for just a sub seems like overkill. You can you something like a Streetwires REQ3. All you really need is something to convert a high level signal into a low level signal. You get the remote knob with it. The 500/1 has the xover that you would need to filter the frequencies that you don't need.