Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Eibach Anti-Roll Kit (Sway Bars) >

Eibach Anti-Roll Kit (Sway Bars)

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Eibach Anti-Roll Kit (Sway Bars)

 
Old 06-05-2010, 05:13 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Silver/Black C300 6-spd Manual - SOLD
Eibach Anti-Roll Kit (Sway Bars)

Anyone on here running Eibach Sway Bars on their W204?

I just purchased a new 2010 C300 6-spd Manual, but noticed a lot of body roll during the test drive. Nothing some lowering springs and swaybars can't take care of, but I noticed that only Eibach has a kit, surprised H&R doesn't have any sway bars for the W204.
lewylou78 is offline  
Old 06-05-2010, 05:45 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Azn_C300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Posts: 3,808
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
I have em. Great item. I asked H&R if they were going to come out with a set and nothing was planned for a while.
Azn_C300 is offline  
Old 06-05-2010, 05:50 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Silver/Black C300 6-spd Manual - SOLD
Cool, thanks for the reply. I like Eibach products.

Were they easy to install?

Should I go with Eibach Pro-Kit springs to match the sway bars or should I get the H&R Sport springs (like most people on here have)?
lewylou78 is offline  
Old 06-05-2010, 08:06 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by lewylou78 View Post
Anyone on here running Eibach Sway Bars on their W204?

I just purchased a new 2010 C300 6-spd Manual, but noticed a lot of body roll during the test drive. Nothing some lowering springs and swaybars can't take care of, but I noticed that only Eibach has a kit, surprised H&R doesn't have any sway bars for the W204.
I am . An outstanding mod which really helped reduce roll without negatively affecting ride quality. I did not touch the springs, as I thought they were well calibrated for the vehicle, and I have no interest in changing suspension components just for the sake of lowering the ride height appearance. Now, here's the issue....the front bar installed very easily in less than an hour. The rear bar requires dropping the rear subframe (Eibach, MB, and tirerack all agree on this...no way around it), estimated at about 3 hours of labor, which is more than the cost of the bar itself!! So far, I have the front bar in and the rear bar from the kit is still new in the box. But, even the front bar makes a great improvement....less roll and quicker steering response. Tightening up the front would be expected to result in increased understeer at the limit, but I found that unless really pushed aggressively, the car does not plow, and then, only slightly. I am debating whether to ever install the rear bar at $300 in labor alone......

If you are really concerned about handling and not just making the car look lower, try the bars first before doing the springs. And, the front bar has two attachment points...use the closer-in attachments for greater anti-roll force.

Last edited by Sportstick; 06-09-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Sportstick is offline  
Old 06-05-2010, 08:32 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Silver/Black C300 6-spd Manual - SOLD
Wow...thanks for the info.

Sucks that the rear bar is a pain to install. Good thing is that Eibach sells the bars separately so I will try the front one first. I think I will also do springs though, I've never been happy with a stock suspension on any car I've owned in the past.

I did some more research on another website and found out that the Eibach bars are only 2mm bigger in size than the stock sway bars on the sport models so I don't know if the bars make that much of a difference:

Front = luxury 25mm vs. sport 26mm (Eibach = 28mm)
Rear = luxury 16mm vs. sport 19mm (Eibach = 21mm)
lewylou78 is offline  
Old 06-05-2010, 09:39 PM
  #6  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 c350
curious as around how much do these cost?
kevinwithdabenz is offline  
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by lewylou78 View Post
Wow...thanks for the info.

Sucks that the rear bar is a pain to install. Good thing is that Eibach sells the bars separately so I will try the front one first. I think I will also do springs though, I've never been happy with a stock suspension on any car I've owned in the past.

I did some more research on another website and found out that the Eibach bars are only 2mm bigger in size than the stock sway bars on the sport models so I don't know if the bars make that much of a difference:

Front = luxury 25mm vs. sport 26mm (Eibach = 28mm)
Rear = luxury 16mm vs. sport 19mm (Eibach = 21mm)
That's it?! I thought the stockers were thinner than that. I should crawl under the car with my micrometer and measure them. I bet that just replacing the stock rubber bushings with the Eibach ones makes a pretty big difference though. I'm planning on getting the Eibach set too.
Krytech is offline  
Old 06-05-2010, 10:12 PM
  #8  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Silver/Black C300 6-spd Manual - SOLD
Each bar (front or rear) is around $244 shipped, the full kit (front & rear) is $460 shipped. I did a search and www.ajusa.com seems to have them. Tirerack only has the kit for $450 plus shipping. I'm going to search some more to see if other places carry the bars.

The front one is part # 2578.310, the rear one is part # 2578.312, both front and rear are part # 2578.320.

I didn't check myself, but I was surprised to see only 2mm of difference on each bar. The front one is adjustable though so I'm sure that helps tighten things up.

I don't know if the C350 has the same size sway bars as the C300.
lewylou78 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
25th Car (10-15-2018)
Old 06-05-2010, 11:14 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by lewylou78 View Post
Wow...thanks for the info.

I did some more research on another website and found out that the Eibach bars are only 2mm bigger in size than the stock sway bars on the sport models so I don't know if the bars make that much of a difference:

Front = luxury 25mm vs. sport 26mm (Eibach = 28mm)
Rear = luxury 16mm vs. sport 19mm (Eibach = 21mm)

The front bar and bushings make a very good difference, not only in reducing roll, but also improving steering response. And do use the stiffer (inboard) attachment location on that front bar. This is one of the most satisfying mods I've done so far!

Last edited by Sportstick; 06-05-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Sportstick is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 05:58 AM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 52
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C 180 K
A DIY for those sway bars would be great. For some reason I couldnt find anything on my WISnet...

L
lingnoi is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 08:22 AM
  #11  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Silver/Black C300 6-spd Manual - SOLD
Yeah, I will definately go with the front sway bar and use the inboard attachment point to try it out. I think I will pass on the rear bar for now until I have a look under there to see how difficult it is to install. I'll see if I can make a DIY for the front bar at least.

Does anyone know if the rear bar is adjustable like the front bar?
lewylou78 is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 10:52 AM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by lewylou78 View Post
Each bar (front or rear) is around $244 shipped, the full kit (front & rear) is $460 shipped. I did a search and www.ajusa.com seems to have them. Tirerack only has the kit for $450 plus shipping. I'm going to search some more to see if other places carry the bars.

The front one is part # 2578.310, the rear one is part # 2578.312, both front and rear are part # 2578.320.

I didn't check myself, but I was surprised to see only 2mm of difference on each bar. The front one is adjustable though so I'm sure that helps tighten things up.

I don't know if the C350 has the same size sway bars as the C300.
I saw them at ultrarev.com, they have the front kit for $232 shipped to MN. The F&R kit is about $429 shipped. They also have the full kit with springs (2578.880) for $624 shipped. Plus I saw something on their site that if you use Google Checkout you also get $10 off.
Krytech is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 11:08 AM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by lewylou78 View Post
Yeah, I will definately go with the front sway bar and use the inboard attachment point to try it out. I think I will pass on the rear bar for now until I have a look under there to see how difficult it is to install. I'll see if I can make a DIY for the front bar at least.

Does anyone know if the rear bar is adjustable like the front bar?

The rear bar has one attachment point.

The front bar almost doesn't need a DIY, it's so obvious from inspection. I watched the tech do the job, and once the underbody cover is removed, the rest was very straightforward, with one exception. The clamps around the bushings are re-used, and they do not come apart simply, as a hollow rivet holds each clamp together, so the rivet had to be drilled out.

You may be tempted to think you can extract the original rear bar and insert the new one cross car, by removing a wheel....doesn't work due to configuration of the bar's angles.

Last edited by Sportstick; 06-06-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Sportstick is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 11:48 AM
  #14  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Silver/Black C300 6-spd Manual - SOLD
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
The rear bar has one attachment point.

The front bar almost doesn't need a DIY, it's so obvious from inspection. I watched the tech do the job, and once the underbody cover is removed, the rest was very straightforward, with one exception. The clamps around the bushings are re-used, and they do not come apart simply, as a hollow rivet holds each clamp together, so the rivet had to be drilled out.

You may be tempted to think you can extract the original rear bar and insert the new one cross car, by removing a wheel....doesn't work due to configuration of the bar's angles.
Thanks for the helpful installation tips

I found a place online (www.autopartswarehouse.com) that sells Eibach springs, sway bars, etc. and the place has free shipping. Plus, use "summer15" at checkout and get 15% off your entire order. The Pro-Plus kit (#2578.880) can be had for $551.16 shipped.

Last edited by lewylou78; 06-06-2010 at 11:52 AM.
lewylou78 is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 PM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Spec_Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,439
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
Originally Posted by lewylou78 View Post
Thanks for the helpful installation tips

I found a place online (www.autopartswarehouse.com) that sells Eibach springs, sway bars, etc. and the place has free shipping. Plus, use "summer15" at checkout and get 15% off your entire order. The Pro-Plus kit (#2578.880) can be had for $551.16 shipped.

Manf# 2578.320 with free shipping plus 15% is $382.00 shipped front and rear bars

Last edited by Spec_Davis; 06-06-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Spec_Davis is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 PM
  #16  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Krytech View Post
That's it?! I thought the stockers were thinner than that. I should crawl under the car with my micrometer and measure them. I bet that just replacing the stock rubber bushings with the Eibach ones makes a pretty big difference though. I'm planning on getting the Eibach set too.
2mm makes a LOT of difference.
FrankW is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 PM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by lewylou78 View Post
Thanks for the helpful installation tips

I found a place online (www.autopartswarehouse.com) that sells Eibach springs, sway bars, etc. and the place has free shipping. Plus, use "summer15" at checkout and get 15% off your entire order. The Pro-Plus kit (#2578.880) can be had for $551.16 shipped.
That is REALLY tempting... That store has a good rating on resellerratings.com too, 8.89/10 for last 6 mo. 8.32 lifetime rating.

Thanks for posting that!

Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
2mm makes a LOT of difference.
It must because everyone that has done it says it's night & day difference.

Last edited by Krytech; 06-06-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Krytech is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:14 PM
  #18  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 117
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Silver/Black C300 6-spd Manual - SOLD
Yes it is, I just ordered some Eibach Pro-Kit springs from www.autoanything.com for $243 shipped, the deal was slightly better than what autopartswarehouse had.

I'll make a decision on the sway bars after installing the springs.
lewylou78 is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 11:14 PM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
I'm weak, but that was just too good to pass up. I had thought about doing just sways to start, then springs if I wanted but...

Full Pro-Kit Plus (2578.880) on its way.
Krytech is offline  
Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 PM
  #20  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 c350
which is better? eibach or H&R?
kevinwithdabenz is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 04:18 AM
  #21  
MBworld Guru
 
FrankW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Diamond Bar, CA
Posts: 22,007
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white and whiter
Originally Posted by kevinwithdabenz View Post
which is better? eibach or H&R?
they're about the same. the only difference is how thick you want the sway bars to be. they're different specs.

i have the eibach sways on my 203 which has the thickest bars available on 203 other than the Brabus front bars.
FrankW is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:01 AM
  #22  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 c350
thanks frank, i should have been a bit more specific i was referring to the springs though. im interested in these now haha
kevinwithdabenz is offline  
Old 06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
  #23  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Originally Posted by kevinwithdabenz View Post
thanks frank, i should have been a bit more specific i was referring to the springs though. im interested in these now haha
The Eibach and H&R Sports probably ride very similar to each other, the Super Sports are going to be a little harsher.

The Eibach's give a mild even drop. Front and rear drop is the same, 1.2" on the lux and about half inch drop on the sport models which are already lower than the lux.

The H&R Sports drop the front .2" more than the rear. 1.4" front, 1.2" rear - and again those are based on the lux models so should be more like .7" front and .5" rear on sport models.

The H&R Super Sports drop 1.7" front and 1.8" rear on lux or 1.2" front and 1.3" rear on sport models.

Personally I want a mild and even drop because I'm not trying to change what MB designed into the cars stance, so I went with Eibach. I'm also going with the Eibach sway bar kit.
Krytech is offline  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:36 AM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rb23lb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,900
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Anybody do the sway bars with the super sport springs?

Anybody install the rear bar yet? Is it worth it?
rb23lb is offline  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:59 AM
  #25  
Super Member
 
pnoyworx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 590
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10 E63, Sold -07 E63
I will be getting front and rear installed. Just waiting on it to arrive. The rear is recommended more than the front, due to our cars caster, but doing the front as well will really wake up the handling. So far the H&R' Adjustable C/O's are amazing, rides really smooth and handles really well, it does such a good job that it actually amplifies how weak the stock roll bars are by a noticeable margin. I recommend the sway bars mod to anyone wanting to really wake up the handling of the car, since there isn't much options for our cars unless it's a custom suspension mod.
pnoyworx is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eibach Anti-Roll Kit (Sway Bars)


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: