C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Installed Smoked Corners on Black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Installed Smoked Corners on Black

I purchased the smoked corner lights on ebay for $49 shipped, and they came with the silver bulbs- a good deal in my opinion. I got them very quickly in the mail, considering the holiday was thrown in, and they were packed well. Quality seems to be good.

Installation went pretty easily and I went by the many DIY's I've seen on here. One part that was recommended and I'll pass on the great recommendation as well- put some painters tape around the edge of your painted fender because you'll be scraping the inner liner over it when pulling it out for access to the inner fender, and again when reinstalling.

The passenger side went in pretty quickly, about 5 minutes or so. The drivers side took me a bit longer, but after going at it for about 10 minutes or so I got all the hooks lined up so I could clip it in. One note: my 2010 C300 sport did NOT have screws in the back of the lights, making it much easier. Everything fit together well and looks great. Here's a pic, in the sun it's tough to see the smoked part. If anyone wants a pic when the sun is down I'll be happy to take one:
Attached Thumbnails Installed Smoked Corners on Black-benzcorner.jpg  

Last edited by BlackjackM; 07-07-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Looking good

Just wondering, how's the quality of those particular side markers? There were two vendors on eBay that first introduced these; one sold sidemarkers with transparent lenses while the other sold ones with the solid/reflective/patterned lenses. I opted to go for the second one, but when I had gotten them and installed them, I saw that the black trim along the outside was poorly done, with there being spotty/no black outlines in some corners/parts of the sidemarker. Also, the sidemarker wasn't quite flush with the bumper, as it stuck a few millimeters out. And I didn't think it'd be a problem but occasionally after rain/car washes, some water manages to get inside and condensation builds up, forcing me to take out the side markers and dry the insides to make sure the bulb socket/bulb do not get wet or damaged. (But after being lazy a few times I realized that the water does eventually evaporate and escape the confines of the sidemarker from what I assume is due to the heat of the bulb).

So rather than being more longwinded, do these sit flush with the bumper? Are the black outlines that I see on your sidemarkers thorough and well done? Hope to hear back.

I might grab these new ones that apparently, Mike (AZN_C300) is using on his car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09...ht_6646wt_1165

Last edited by snarlingchicken; 07-07-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:05 PM

Thanks! These are the ones I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...item27b3109332

It appears that they're back up to $54, when I got them they had 10% off. Again it includes shipping and the chrome bulbs.

I was very happy with the service, I got them 2 to 3 business days after I ordered them even with the holiday, and they were packed well.

The first thing I inspected was the black outline (the seal) and it appears to be perfect. I'm very picky about parts and these seem to be very well made. Also, they stick out just a TINY bit, maybe like half a millimeter. Nothing that really bugs me to be honest. Also, if you look at this vendor's feedback rating it's very strong- that was a big consideration for me.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Here is a pic of the fitment from my phone....please excuse the Johnston & Murphy...I'm at work

As you can see, they fit very well.
Attached Thumbnails Installed Smoked Corners on Black-benzcorner1.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Looks great !!!

These clear side markers are like a "must have" for all C's IMHO ??
Old 07-07-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by omgitselaine
Looks great !!!

These clear side markers are like a "must have" for all C's IMHO ??
Thanks, I agree that they work well with the Black
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM

C300 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by BlackjackM

Also, they stick out just a TINY bit, maybe like half a millimeter. Nothing that really bugs me to be honest.
They stick out a bit because the base of the markers has an extra "lip" of plastic that goes around the entire assembly. If you compare to the stock markers, it'll be pretty evident. Nothing a little dremel work can't fix, but like you said, it's small enough of gap that it's not a big deal. All depends how picky one is...
Old 08-19-2010, 11:01 PM

mercedes c350 2008
YOU ARE RIGHT DOANSTER, THE DREMEL TOOL, EVEN WITH THE EXTENSION
ATTACHMENT FOR FINE WORK IS VERY UNFORGIVING. I HAND SANDED THE INNER AND OUTER EDGE PORTION OF THE SIDE MARKER TO CONFORM WITH THE CURVE OF THE BUMPER TO MAKE IT FIT FLUSH. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO
WITH HOW THE OPENING IS CUT. I'M GLAD TO SEE ONE PERSON UNDER- STANDS THAT THE AFTERMARKET SIDE MARKERS HAVE POOR FITMENT AS COMPARED TO OEM.