C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

amg trunk badge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by joshg1001
or...it tells people you are driving the lowest model... thats just my opinion, but I feel like you wont have a lot of 350s debadging.
Originally Posted by rb23lb
exactly...

debaging a stock no-modded car makes it look like you are driving the lowest model and you don't want people to know...

unless you have a NICELY modded c300 that doesnt look like the standard no option model off the lot, I would not debadge
It seems like some people are much more worried about what others are thinking about their car than how they want the car to look. I really don't want people to have a poor opinion of me but honestly, if the size of the engine in my car or how much I had to pay for it really means something to them, I really don't give a $h!t what they think of me. Some debadge for sleeper purposes, some for quasi posing but I honestly think most people do it to clean up the look...
I have to laugh when I think back, but I took the badges off my first car...a 79 Mercury Grand Marquis...and the "Grand" was there to let everyone know that was the top of the line Marquis...
Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CL63, 2013 GL550
Originally Posted by rb23lb
exactly...

debaging a stock no-modded car makes it look like you are driving the lowest model and you don't want people to know...

unless you have a NICELY modded c300 that doesnt look like the standard no option model off the lot, I would not debadge
Totally agree with you

I personally think the "it looks balanced" thing is just an excuse to hide that it's the lowest model. How many C63 owners are going to debadge? or how about people that go to RennTech and drop $50k... what are the chances they'll take the badge off?

Just my take. I love the cars stock. W204 is possibly the best car MB has ever made
Old 07-13-2010, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by gorica79
wait....let me get it...OUR C W204,just have amg body kit..
this doesnt justify amg badge on trunk?
Correct....."No engine,no badge." Let's move on now.....
Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 AM

09 C300S 4M
My question would be... why are you giving your power away to other people by asking people on the forum what their opinion is?

It's your car, you have to drive it everyday so do what is going to make you happiest every single day.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:59 AM

C180 AMG
Originally Posted by BenTrovato
My question would be... why are you giving your power away to other people by asking people on the forum what their opinion is?

It's your car, you have to drive it everyday so do what is going to make you happiest every single day.
to tell you the thuth,when i bought the car i thought that my c was missing its amg badge and was looking to buy...didnt know that w204 come without amg badge,,
later,when i was reading the forum i start realising that amg is not for normal w204
Old 07-13-2010, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
Originally Posted by C300Sport
It seems like some people are much more worried about what others are thinking about their car than how they want the car to look. I really don't want people to have a poor opinion of me but honestly, if the size of the engine in my car or how much I had to pay for it really means something to them, I really don't give a $h!t what they think of me. Some debadge for sleeper purposes, some for quasi posing but I honestly think most people do it to clean up the look...
I have to laugh when I think back, but I took the badges off my first car...a 79 Mercury Grand Marquis...and the "Grand" was there to let everyone know that was the top of the line Marquis...
Cant argue with you here. I understand people like the clean look, and if that is what you are going for, then by all means and do it. However, Im just saying that some people will see the debadging and interpret it to mean that you drive the lowest model and are trying to hide it. But hey, you are right in thinking that it doesnt matter what they think
Old 07-13-2010, 01:55 PM

Merc C300 sport, arctic white, P1, MM/Navi, iPod kit, 20% Tint, C63 Grill, X-Pipe, HID DDM Kit
is it stupid to add amg badge in c180 trunk?
yes it is... Very stupid, in fact. The difference between a Mercedes and an AMG is about 10,000 a letter.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Removing emblems does clean up the look a bit. I wouldn't add an AMG tag. I actually just bought a pretty pricey body add-on and I am having the logo area smoothed.

Just something I noticed in the VW world: Some turbo VWs have T after the engine designation from the factory. Usually if someone has modded their engine, that person replaces the chrome T with a red T. I did it too.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Off with it...

any other opinions?
Remember the famous quote, "Less is more."
Old 07-14-2010, 08:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Serpent S966
wait....let me get it...OUR C W204,just have amg body kit..
this doesnt justify amg badge on trunk?
There is no official written rule about this. So if you like it, why not? you have genuine amg aerodynamic kit and perhaps amg wheels. I don't see this as posing. BTW, I don't have any additional badge on my car as I like to keep it as it is (as of now).

Since there is a genuine AMG C class, the badge somehow gives the the reaction of "as if". To me, this "as if" reaction is exactly the same when putting quad exhaust, any carbon fiber exterior parts, and other parts that is not officially made for regular C (as if it could performs as it look, for example). But I don't have any problem with that as well. Do what you like, it's your car!!!
Old 07-23-2010, 03:50 PM

2010 C300 6 Speed M/T
I feel debagding on an AMG is cool, makes it a sleeper on the other hand adding AMG badging to a non AMG car is not right (it's obviously subjective to each his/her own). But I still felt my stock M/T C300 looked like it was missing something on the right side of the trunk lid. I bought some "SPORT" emblems but none really matched the MB lettering and some were downright plasticky looking so I went with a simple "V6"

Here are 2 pic's. Taken with my BB so not very good. Will take some with my DSLR although once you've seen a stock C300 you've seen them all... I still have to get rid of the stealership logo and put on some plain licenseplate holders.

Darren

Last edited by dumontmb; 07-23-2010 at 03:53 PM.