C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

check front right parking light warning..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 11:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
every Mercedes that gets parked in my bay
Sounds like a contact issue or a failing bulb, they're easy enough to replace. Make sure the bulb's nice and tight in the connector and well sealed. Could be the wiring as it can bounce around, maybe a chaffed wire? I doubt itd be a control module as other lights would most likely have issues as well. If the control module sees a fluctuation in power it'll drop voltage to the bulb and illuminate the message. A key cycle will clear the message unless the issue still remains, ie open circuit/short
Old 04-06-2016, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Thanks I am pretty sure I secured it tight in the bulb socket, I'll give it some time and see if it resets because first few tries code still came up but last night it didn't so hopefully it went away. I'll keep everyone updated
Old 04-07-2016, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes-Benz C250, Iridium Silver Metallic; 2001 Mercedes-Benz C240, Brilliant Silver Metallic
Originally Posted by justthinking
I got this check front right parking light warning the other day and because I was late for a meeting, I decided to check it out afterward..
However, when I re-start the car after the meeting, the msg has disappeared and both bulbs on the front right parking lights were working..

Today, the error msg appeared again and I was able to verify one of the front right parking light is indeed out..however, the warning msg disappeared and both bulbs were working again after I drove back from autozone and was ready to replace the bulb..

What do you guys think? Simply a bulb problem or is it possible a more serious electrical problem?
Oh how I hate this problem - I haven't seen this on my C250, but my W203 C240 encounters this problem despite the bulbs being good. I just open it up, clean off the bulb contacts, and re-seat the bulb securely. I haven't seen it in a while, but I know how annoying it feels.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:25 PM

c300
Check front right parking light warning

Had same message/problem, passenger side parking standing light out.

Replaced with new Sylvania bulb, did not fix. Took bulb out, sprayed socket with electronic tuner cleaner, carefully pulled the bulb prongs slightly away from bulb and put back in socket. Problem fixed.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:59 AM

c220 estate
so has any one solved this or do we just carry on turning every thing off and on again.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:29 AM

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2010 C250 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by jaguar 1943
so has any one solved this or do we just carry on turning every thing off and on again.
The eyebrow/parking bulbs are really touchy and tempermental, partially because of the heat buildup in their housings. Causes the stock incandescent (and sometimes even LED replacements..) to burn out more quickly than normal.

I've also noticed that error messages can pop up for the parking/sidemarker bulbs because of the way they're wired. The parking bulb can go out/error out because of an issue with the adjacent sidemarker bulb (I believe the outer eyebrow bulb is the "sidemarker" one), voltage and current measurements in the front SAM unit detect an "error" and will power off the "failing" bulb until the car is powered off and started up again. It's very annoying and finicky. Sometimes you can replace a dead bulb and it still won't turn on until you've left the car off for a bit.

So far I've only found two solutions to this

1. Replace both bulbs at the same time, or all four (both sides)
2. Variant coding tweaks + optional LED bulb upgrade. I've turned off PWM clocking and disabled the "open load recognition" parameters so the bulbs will always light up until they are truly dead. I'd probably not do this tweak with standard incandescent bulbs though, if anything goes wrong and they heat up a lot, they can partially melt the bulb housing. Another thing I did for the LED bulbs was lowered the voltage regulation from 13.2 volts to 12V, LED bulbs are happy with 12V anyway, and I assume the lower voltage/current output will reduce heat in the housing as well.

The eyebrow bulbs were a constant source of irritation until I figured this out, I was going through incandescent AND LED bulbs almost every two months..

Last edited by Funkwagen; 12-03-2016 at 10:33 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Funkwagen:
apexspeed (06-19-2019), jaguar 1943 (12-03-2016), martincomms (06-22-2017)
Old 12-03-2016, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 444 Likes on 344 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Talking

Originally Posted by justthinking
if you read my post more closely, you will see that I mentioned only 1 of the 2 bulbs on the right side was out when the error msg showed up, then after re-start, both bulbs are working and error msg gone..
Just remember, switching the car on and off (pull out key) will reset the bulb error, until next error trigger.

I use leds in my c300 eyelids and this happens (sometimes) when they are old and start to burn out. (also, winter makes old leds cry. Use better solder my china peeps? )
Old 12-03-2016, 12:57 PM

c220 estate
Thank you very helpful, will try tomorrow in day light.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:57 PM

W204 CDI 200
Dear gents, I have similar issue. I have error message on dashboard display that parking bulb is faulty. I have changed two pieces but issue is still persisting. Does anybody idea what can be solution? Thanks. Regards, andy
Old 10-16-2017, 01:51 PM

2005 SLK 350 w AMG / 2008 C / 2019 A220
Originally Posted by andy220
Dear gents, I have similar issue. I have error message on dashboard display that parking bulb is faulty. I have changed two pieces but issue is still persisting. Does anybody idea what can be solution? Thanks. Regards, andy
The insulation on the wiring feeding these lights has probably deteriorated and completely fallen off the wire. The wires are coming in contact with each other causing a short. I don't know who designed the wiring, but they should be shot. If it's the outside bulb (there are two on each side) it could affect the turn signal on that side. I've been dealing with this for the past week, and discovered that if I pull the parking light bulb out of the socket and ensure the wires are not touching, the turn signal worked without fail. I did get some liquid electrical tape, and covered the wires as best I could, and haven't had a problem yet (although is has only been 1 day).

Before you do anything check the insulation on the wires.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:50 PM

mercedes benz
My passenger side parking light was getting this message so I swapped in an LED bulb and its no longer turning on. I tested it on the driver side and it works fine. Could I have messed up the wires when I pulled out the socket? I tried cycling it but it still doesn't turn on. Does someone know what it could be? Thanks
Old 06-24-2019, 02:00 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2009 C350
Originally Posted by Funkwagen
The eyebrow/parking bulbs are really touchy and tempermental, partially because of the heat buildup in their housings. Causes the stock incandescent (and sometimes even LED replacements..) to burn out more quickly than normal.

I've also noticed that error messages can pop up for the parking/sidemarker bulbs because of the way they're wired. The parking bulb can go out/error out because of an issue with the adjacent sidemarker bulb (I believe the outer eyebrow bulb is the "sidemarker" one), voltage and current measurements in the front SAM unit detect an "error" and will power off the "failing" bulb until the car is powered off and started up again. It's very annoying and finicky. Sometimes you can replace a dead bulb and it still won't turn on until you've left the car off for a bit.

2. Variant coding tweaks + optional LED bulb upgrade. I've turned off PWM clocking and disabled the "open load recognition" parameters so the bulbs will always light up until they are truly dead. I'd probably not do this tweak with standard incandescent bulbs though, if anything goes wrong and they heat up a lot, they can partially melt the bulb housing. Another thing I did for the LED bulbs was lowered the voltage regulation from 13.2 volts to 12V, LED bulbs are happy with 12V anyway, and I assume the lower voltage/current output will reduce heat in the housing as well.

The eyebrow bulbs were a constant source of irritation until I figured this out, I was going through incandescent AND LED bulbs almost every two months..
How did you manage to do all of this? Thru the Star?
Old 10-22-2019, 03:08 PM

2011 w204 c300

How did you make the coding tweeks to keep your lights on?
Old 06-08-2021, 12:29 AM

2011 C350 4matic

What variant coding tweaks? Sorry I'm not tech savvy