C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Flush free door pins...FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300S 6mt
Originally Posted by M-bENZ
just want to show off my pin too and it doesnt looks flushed like your but i can live with that .
man, those look really nice. what pins are they, if you don't sharing? =)
Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Arctic White/Black C350 with NAV pkg, ipod integration, 40% HO tint, and 18" 5-spoke AMG wheels
Just had my AMG door pins installed by my shop last night (not dealership) while I watched. The rear door pins popped right off (no unscrewing) and the AMG pins pushed in place. For the fronts, it was a bit more of an effort and they had to use pliers to pull off the OEM ones and it appeared Mercedes had probably used LockTight to secure them. Once removed, they worked the front pins downwards by twisting (threaded locks in front) and had to spend a little time getting all the existing LockTight off and the pins to sit flush. Once they had everything ready, they used LockTight to secure both pins and charged me $20.00...had I known it was ok to use pliers to rip off the front locks and didn't have to disassemble the entire door panel, I would have done this myself.

In addition....they have software that will unlock the DVD in the NAV system where you can have it playing all the time versus only when in park. They are researching how to get it done and that will come in the near future.