C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Service B sounds like a rip off. Any Help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne45
ive come to realize that the services are bull****. i paid $600 for service b in february (dont ask, im an idiot and not doing that again) and its really just an oil change with a lot of checks. most dealerships give u a 27 point inspection for free when u do an oil change or bring ur car in for any work done and its pretty much the same inspection included in the a/b service. i am thinking that from now on i should jus go there to change my oil and check everything out myself but i jus have to figure out how i will reset the fss counter on my dash.
Exactly. Dealerships are well known to be full of it, I have had some idiots (probably working at a dealership) to come on here and insult me about saying something. $395 for an oil change and a few system checks is ridiculous. They say they are oiling your sunroof, etc....however IDK this for sure.

If you need air filters or a cabin air filter, that is charged on top of the $395. Air filters for my CLS and R are about $38 for 2 OEM. Cabin filter is about $20 OEM. The dealer charges $160 for air filters, and $69 for the cabin filter. Why so much for the exact same parts?

BTW- I asked the dealer about this on my survey, they want to "talk to me" on the email response.

Originally Posted by Niti24
My dealership probably won't even except coupons. They are stingy with their money. They claim they sell so many cars there is nothing in their inventory. *****s, won't fix **** for free.
If they don't accept coupons, perhaps it is time to go with another or an indy.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Sport LOADED
Ulovemybenzo, I just did the service at the House of Import too. They are great. Who is your service person? I am new in area and I called Matt(heard good things in yelp.com) I just did the service A, and break fluid service.service a is 129.00 I know their service b is 299.00 because they gurantee to beat other dealer. I got quoted for tranny for 299 also. He said it is due around 39,000mile.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
I did the front brakes myself not to long ago, I was stupid and let them change the rears during my B service. They are the easiest brakes I have ever changed a piece of cake. I didn't change the rotors but they looked fine. BTW I would wait till the sensor kicks warns of excesive wear there was still enough for a little more usage.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Niti24

Originally Posted by Ron Jr
I did the front brakes myself not to long ago, I was stupid and let them change the rears during my B service. They are the easiest brakes I have ever changed a piece of cake. I didn't change the rotors but they looked fine. BTW I would wait till the sensor kicks warns of excesive wear there was still enough for a little more usage.
yea I watched the guy do it and it did seem like a piece of cake. Next time hopefully I can try it out myself rather than let those ppl do it.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:42 PM

2008 C230
I paid $445 canadian for my B service. Had oil done, and "inspection". Such a rip off. However its no where near the $600 makr you guys are paying. Then again, my 08 only has 14,000 km on it.