C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Custom dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C300 Sport
Any pics of the cars? Were they actually on display?
That was another idea of mind too.. Best of all worlds!
Old 11-05-2010, 01:22 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Sorry, I didn't bring my camera this year, but there'll be pics trickling in around the net soon enough. And yes, cars with this setup were on display.

Last edited by AZN Optics; 11-05-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:17 PM

08 C300 Sport
That's sweet! I'd love to see the 300 dash modded that way, I'm sure it's gotta look good.
I can't help that I'm a Mac fanboy either lol
Old 11-05-2010, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Well....I'm kiiiiinnda wanting to wait to see the new android tablet and see if I can integrate that instead.....stay one step ahead of what I see as the new automotive A/V trend with iPads.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
I would do ipad also, but it is limited... I have been down this road many of times... the c and e have ugly dashes as it is.

the brabus will set you back about $8k minimum

screw vinyl for the dash, you need to go leather, obviously if you are going to invest in it, do it right a single AMG smooth hide should be about $500

molding the dash should never have wood in it... as I am sure you don't see wood stilts in your dash from the factory.

look at some of the Porsche's on how detailed their leather dashes are... the best craftsman... i mean ladies are doing the work. I just looked at a black leather dash today with yellow contrast french seem stitching... bad ****

and there are people on the east coast to do the work, but you have to pay for it...most people would say it is a C class and if they had the money they would do it to a C63 or an E class, or try ordering it from MB built to suit...

there is alot you can get out of the COMAND multimedia system that blows away an aftermarket unit, especially if you purchased the media package

I don't want to sound arrogant,, just stating some basic stuff... I believe in spending $$ wisely
Old 11-05-2010, 05:40 PM

08 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Well....I'm kiiiiinnda wanting to wait to see the new android tablet and see if I can integrate that instead.....stay one step ahead of what I see as the new automotive A/V trend with iPads.
Good idea for sure! Nothing like fresh tech in your car
iPad iOS 4.2 is going to have a lot of in car features though, so I'm holding out for that.
Originally Posted by jbondox
I would do ipad also, but it is limited... I have been down this road many of times... the c and e have ugly dashes as it is.

the brabus will set you back about $8k minimum

screw vinyl for the dash, you need to go leather, obviously if you are going to invest in it, do it right a single AMG smooth hide should be about $500

molding the dash should never have wood in it... as I am sure you don't see wood stilts in your dash from the factory.

look at some of the Porsche's on how detailed their leather dashes are... the best craftsman... i mean ladies are doing the work. I just looked at a black leather dash today with yellow contrast french seem stitching... bad ****

and there are people on the east coast to do the work, but you have to pay for it...most people would say it is a C class and if they had the money they would do it to a C63 or an E class, or try ordering it from MB built to suit...

there is alot you can get out of the COMAND multimedia system that blows away an aftermarket unit, especially if you purchased the media package

I don't want to sound arrogant,, just stating some basic stuff... I believe in spending $$ wisely
This is my kind of response! Each point was something I was already thinking. So I definitely will keep all of that in mind.
I'm thinking of a shop in Philly who does some custom work, I may talk with them soon. They cost, but it's worth it. They have a quick turn around too.