C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C300/C350 Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Originally Posted by Peabody
Can you show me a pic of the internal baffling? I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have any and my engine definitely makes some noise. I'll take a pic of my configuration if it's any different for comparison... which would also mean good news: there's an after-market intake solution already available.
Its not the sound of the engine that is dampened is the sound of the air flowing into the engine. And hopefully you are not confusing the sound of the airflow, with the sound of the engine, with the sound of the exhaust. They are three very different things. I haven't seen the baffle to be able to take a picture. I will look later today. But without the baffle there will be a noticeable "whoosh" sound lol. I don't know how to describe it. Let me see if I can find some youtube clips.

Also what intakes are available. I think the intakes available don't perform well because there is no heat shield so you pull in hot air which is actually less air since the air is expanded as opposed to condensed colder air.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
I know what you are saying about airflow noise (that's what dampers are for) though it's hard to discern the cacophony of loud that my car produces at WOT. As far as temperature goes, the system already is heat shielded, just hold a lighter to your intake hose and see if it catches on fire.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
'17 GTR, '17 GLC43, '14 Panigale 899, '20 V4
Originally Posted by Peabody
I know what you are saying about airflow noise (that's what dampers are for) though it's hard to discern the cacophony of loud that my car produces at WOT. As far as temperature goes, the system already is heat shielded, just hold a lighter to your intake hose and see if it catches on fire.
I was referring to the aftermarket intakes systems that are already available that you referred to in you prior post. But you will here the whoosh from low RPMs right before you engine gets loud.