C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C-Class on the list of Top 10 "chick car" by MSN Autos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500, C250 CGI
Originally Posted by soldier2304
Time for you guys to get an AMG
Yeah, just give me $140,000 bucks and I'll make a trip to the dealership right away.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:06 PM

C300 Luxury
Time for you guys to get an AMG
I saw some chick driving a black C63 on Sunset and 107th avenue, open road at like 11 AM, going like 35....

I was so angry lol.. I keep looking for your car everywhere I go, your sig picture is insane!

And to the OP, Mercedes does have that light blue-ish color, which I think is like a chick-color
Old 12-23-2010, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG(sold), 2009 CL550, 2010 S550 Majestic Black, 2010 ML550, 2006 C230, 2009 Venza
Originally Posted by ldtCapitan
I saw some chick driving a black C63 on Sunset and 107th avenue, open road at like 11 AM, going like 35....

I was so angry lol.. I keep looking for your car everywhere I go, your sig picture is insane!

And to the OP, Mercedes does have that light blue-ish color, which I think is like a chick-color
If it was a blonde chick, I've also seen her around the area. Do you live by the Bird Rd and 107th area? My house is only a few blocks away from there maybe we can have some coffee or something let me know
Old 12-23-2010, 12:50 AM

C300 Luxury
If it was a blonde chick, I've also seen her around the area. Do you live by the Bird Rd and 107th area? My house is only a few blocks away from there maybe we can have some coffee or something let me know
I live in Palmetto bay, but I go to school right by there, I'll let you know, I have about 25 friends that would probably kill to see your car lmao
Old 12-28-2010, 01:15 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
You guys shouldn't care. Also, there are two types of "chicks cars", one which is actually designed to be a cute "chick car" (Beetle, etc.), and others, which due to whatever reasons; feminine oriented design, matronly/homely design (Explorer, ML, etc.), females tend to like.

The C is certainly the Benz Sedan which would appeal to women more-so than the larger E's and S's, although those also have flocks of females who drive them. One has to be VERY insecure to really let this affect them. Women are people too, and they'll be attracted to what they think looks good as well.

About this list, the Malibu made me LOL, and they used the old body (more "chick-ish"? Lol) instead of the current one. Also, there are Benzes out there that are literally designed to be accepted by the female demo over the male, i.e CLK, E-Coupe, etc., regardless of how many more women drive C's.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:27 PM

CLS550
Well, I'm thinking of getting a W204 for my wife. I know it doesn't help the case here lol.
But let it be known that for her it's almost a no brainer to get the W204 because:
1. She wants a MB
2. Has to be a 4 door sedan
3. Small enough to make it easy to drive, AND.. easy to park.
4. Reliable
5. Reasonable

There aren't too many choices left are there? So, it's not because the W204 looks feminine or girly at all. With headlights, fender flares and stance like that, there's nothing feminine about it.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:45 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
MS

Originally Posted by Sportstick
Seems we have a few sexist and insecure men around here...wonder why?

In any event, if you believe your "manhood" is measured by your car, console yourselves. MSN is the last place anyone would look for car advice.......
I would be the last person to defend Microsoft, being a Mac user and all, but there is a very large population of car enthusiasts at Microsoft in Redmond, considering the large numbers of late model Porsches, Ferraris and such in the underground garages over there. And in my PCA Region there are a lot of Microsofters who drive a lot of Porsches that I can't afford, at the track (not the dragstrip) and autocrosses and other driving events.

The "survey" was pretty stupid, I agree, and like a lot of Microsoft stuff, very hard to use.

The women I see driving Cs in my area are almost always tiny Asian girls peering over the steering wheel. It's either that or 7 Series BMWs, most likely leased.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by RLE
I would be the last person to defend Microsoft, being a Mac user and all, but there is a very large population of car enthusiasts at Microsoft in Redmond, considering the large numbers of late model Porsches, Ferraris and such in the underground garages over there. And in my PCA Region there are a lot of Microsofters who drive a lot of Porsches that I can't afford, at the track (not the dragstrip) and autocrosses and other driving events.

The "survey" was pretty stupid, I agree, and like a lot of Microsoft stuff, very hard to use.

The women I see driving Cs in my area are almost always tiny Asian girls peering over the steering wheel. It's either that or 7 Series BMWs, most likely leased.
I agree that there is a distribution in any population and therefore, likely, some car enthusiasts working for Microsoft. I suspect there are also a large number of status seekers. However, my original point is that journalists who wind up at MSN could be writing about cars one day and the wisdom of investing in derivatives the next. I would be much more impressed if the survey was fielded by one of the buff books and a team who lives, breathes, and eats automobiles every day in their journalistic pursuits. Of course, they have better things to write about and would not offer up fluff such as this.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:21 PM

CLS550
Lets carefully read the article:

"According to a survey compiled by LeaseTrader.com, here are the top 10 vehicles men admitted are "chick cars." What exactly about these vehicles puts them on this list we're not sure - they range from subcompact Toyotas and Saturns all the way up to a compact Mercedes-Benz sedan."

Conclusions:
1. The survey was conducted by LeaseTrader.com
2. Based on opinions by men.. I'm assuming what they meant by "men" is their male leasees.
3. MSN Autos doesn't have any clue either why these vehicles are on the list.

Last edited by mbars; 12-28-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:54 AM

2009 c300 4matic
Ive definately seen more chicks driving the w204 than dudes in Jersey. From young chicks to granny chicks.