C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Tires

OK...it's time to replace all 4 tires...it's 32K miles on the old OE tires
Any suggestions guys? What should I get?
I want quiet tires (less noise)
Also, has anyone install those new LED DRLs replacing the fog lamps?
Can it be replaced?
Old 02-20-2011, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Some favorites of the W204 crowd include: Nitto Invos, Contisport DWS, Hankook Evo V12's (I personally have these and love em), and Michelin PS2's.

And in regards to the DRL's. Some have supposedly done it. But you do have to shell out quite a bit of $$$. Personally I like the fogs better.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by comanche
OK...it's time to replace all 4 tires...it's 32K miles on the old OE tires
Any suggestions guys? What should I get?
I want quiet tires (less noise)
Also, has anyone install those new LED DRLs replacing the fog lamps?
Can it be replaced?
Need to know more. Comfort or performance priority? Run them in winter/freezing temps, or are you in Florida, Souther California, etc? Or, do you have dedicated winter tires?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
I love my Michelin A/S Sport Plus tires, pricey though...
Old 02-21-2011, 10:58 AM

CLS 550 / C300 S
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
Some favorites of the W204 crowd include: Nitto Invos, Contisport DWS, Hankook Evo V12's (I personally have these and love em), and Michelin PS2's.

And in regards to the DRL's. Some have supposedly done it. But you do have to shell out quite a bit of $$$. Personally I like the fogs better.
+1

I have them on my car, and LOVE these tires.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:13 AM

C300, 330i, MDX
I'm in Cali and I'm running Continental ExtremeContact DW. Tire Rack is a good place to start your reasearch.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:49 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
Just remember you get what you pay for. Look for the important TUV stamp on the tire or spec. If not present you are getting sub-standard tire for MB.

It is also nice to match tire brand quality with the premium brand of MB - otherwise it just looks like you cannot afford proper tires LOL.

I got the Conti DWS and they suck - although they got great reviews from commuters who reviewed on tire-rack - I discovered later they were not TUV.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
I will tell you what not to buy. Bridgestone Turanzas ER300 . They have cupped & accompany me around like an orchestra. No pun intended!!

I am looking at Michelin Primacy HP next.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:35 AM

I am about to purchase Continental ExtremeContact DWS but not sure
I know it gets good reviews
What should I get? I don't want to spend $$$ and find myself not liking the tires

Yeah...I like fog lamps better than LED DRL
Old 02-22-2011, 03:14 AM

2008 C350
not to bust anyones b@lls but i think continental tires are weak.. meaning they get lumps easily on the tires when you hit a pothole. i had the conti's and on one side got a lump from a small pothole and other time the other side blew out while on the highway.. maybe i had bad luck but after i changed to michelins no lumps no nothing. in nyc after it snows and the snow plowing trucks go by,, you just cant avoid everything.. hopefully no one with conti's takes this post the wrong way.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:03 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 C43 AMG, 2017 Porsche Macan S, 2017 Mazda 3 HB
please don't get continentals. they're some of the worst out there.

amen to ginkgo about the lumps. any sort of scuff, scratch or bump on your tire and you're guaranteed an air lump which will cause your tires to blow out.

I have Falken F452's and they work amazing on my 19" AMG rims. I even got to test them offroad today while taking a detour from the 5 to the 127 and they drifted beautifully.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Originally Posted by Carsy
I will tell you what not to buy. Bridgestone Turanzas ER300 . They have cupped & accompany me around like an orchestra. No pun intended!!

I am looking at Michelin Primacy HP next.
Cupping is a sign of other problems related to alignment.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
What should I get? I don't want to spend $$$ and find myself not liking the tires

Yeah...I like fog lamps better than LED DRL
If you selected DWS after reviewing tirerack.com survey data, unless the need to survive LIGHT snow is critical, you may wish to get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus instead, which are in the same performance category. Michelin is superior in dry handling/steering and, as I recall, everyone who has them here has high praise. Keep in mind, if snow was driving your choice, the DWS is intended only for light snow, and anything more than that needs dedicated winter tires in any event.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Originally Posted by ginkgo
not to bust anyones b@lls but i think continental tires are weak.. meaning they get lumps easily on the tires when you hit a pothole. i had the conti's and on one side got a lump from a small pothole and other time the other side blew out while on the highway.. maybe i had bad luck but after i changed to michelins no lumps no nothing. in nyc after it snows and the snow plowing trucks go by,, you just cant avoid everything.. hopefully no one with conti's takes this post the wrong way.
Originally Posted by Sportstick
If you selected DWS after reviewing tirerack.com survey data, unless the need to survive LIGHT snow is critical, you may wish to get the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus instead, which are in the same performance category. Michelin is superior in dry handling/steering and, as I recall, everyone who has them here has high praise. Keep in mind, if snow was driving your choice, the DWS is intended only for light snow, and anything more than that needs dedicated winter tires in any event.
Wow ....... i am so glad i read the above posts !! I am actually looking into replacing the OEMs now with 40k miles on them with these conti's ?? Raving reviews on Tirerack and even cheaper than OEM tires thus i thought " he this is a no brainer " until i saw the above !!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
My favors are Pirelli PZero and Michelin Ps2
Faken 452 have good reviews
Old 02-22-2011, 03:00 PM

c300 4matic
I had the stock Conti's and they cupped horribly. I swore I would not buy Conti's again but was convinced on the DWS. 12k miles later and they are starting to cup as well. The car is all within spec on the alignment. I have had it checked a couple of times. I asked my SA about it and he said "I will just say it happens more than it doesn't on these cars".
Old 02-22-2011, 06:28 PM

C300 Sport 6MT
Tire recommendation threads, just like the Insurance thread, will get you a ton of varied responses. It all boils down to what your budget is, what driving style you have, the road conditions in your area, and what your criteria are for longevity/traction/noise.

Originally Posted by whiteongrey
It is also nice to match tire brand quality with the premium brand of MB - otherwise it just looks like you cannot afford proper tires LOL.
Now *this* is funny! I know you put LOL at the end, but really? You think someone honestly checks out the sidewall on my tires and then thinks to him/herself that I'm an MB wannabe because I use General Exclaim UHP tires? If so, I better head over to America's Tire asap to fix my image! But wait, General is a division of Continental, so I'm covered. Oh, doh, Contis are now not so good according to this thread.

All kidding aside, I used to be a tire snob as well and only swore by the "marquee" brands, but eventually grew tired of spending $700-$800 for tires w/ 200 treadwear ratings or less. Do I lose grip with my choice, absolutely, but I don't drive at 8/10ths everyday during my commute, either, so my Exclaims do just fine. And... they held up on the track, too.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:04 PM

'08 c300 sport
I have the Hankook Evos as well... Great tires and extremely reliable. I actually hit a pothole going 50+, and my whole rim was bent and cracked. Tire was perfectly fine although my pride was a bit hurt lol.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by EASYDOES1T
I have the Hankook Evos as well... Great tires and extremely reliable. I actually hit a pothole going 50+, and my whole rim was bent and cracked. Tire was perfectly fine although my pride was a bit hurt lol.
I am unfamiliar with them. Are they all-season tires or summer tires? If all season, how is snow performance?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 PM

'08 c300 sport
Originally Posted by jctevere
I am unfamiliar with them. Are they all-season tires or summer tires? If all season, how is snow performance?
Here ya go:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....n&autoModClar=

I don't have all seasons but if you really wanna know, I did drive them through the first snow storm in NY from Staten Island to Queens in blizzard conditions. That storm caught me a bit off guard lol. Scariest drive of my life
Old 02-22-2011, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by jctevere
LOL....here we go again! And, the answer is:

"Not as good as it could be!"

Old 02-22-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
Originally Posted by Doanster
Tire recommendation threads, just like the Insurance thread, will get you a ton of varied responses. It all boils down to what your budget is, what driving style you have, the road conditions in your area, and what your criteria are for longevity/traction/noise.

Now *this* is funny! I know you put LOL at the end, but really? You think someone honestly checks out the sidewall on my tires and then thinks to him/herself that I'm an MB wannabe because I use General Exclaim UHP tires? If so, I better head over to America's Tire asap to fix my image! But wait, General is a division of Continental, so I'm covered. Oh, doh, Contis are now not so good according to this thread.

All kidding aside, I used to be a tire snob as well and only swore by the "marquee" brands, but eventually grew tired of spending $700-$800 for tires w/ 200 treadwear ratings or less. Do I lose grip with my choice, absolutely, but I don't drive at 8/10ths everyday during my commute, either, so my Exclaims do just fine. And... they held up on the track, too.
Hahaha....you're good to go with Generals only because they are a subsid of Conti LOL...good thing you don't have Chinese tires !!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 PM

C250 12 / CLK63 BS / ML63 09 / GTR 2012
Just picked up Nexen N3000. Good tires good grip.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:15 AM

2009 C300 Sport 4MATIC™ Sedan
What about this PZero Nero All Season(Ultra High Performance All-Season)??
Old 02-24-2011, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by tanktube67
My favors are Pirelli PZero
I had the PZero Nero M+S on one of my cars and I found them to be extremely quiet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Tires