C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Sigh. All I wanted was some BBQ.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Sigh. All I wanted was some BBQ.

SO. Today started off as a good day for me. Caught up on sleep, was a bright and shining morning on what was supposed to be a rainy day, and I was feeling as happy as ever. It's around 2-3 that I randomly get hungry and decide to go get some Hawaiian BBQ at L&Ls. So I drive out, get my food, walk out into the parking lot to my car, and see THIS.

So. Basically, after seeing that, I went from to . Basically it looks like some pick up truck or something backed up into my car. To be honest, I don't know how something made that imprint, then scraped my car horizontally. My theory is the exhaust pipe of some car hit it..leaving that mark. Also, the smudges you see on the top right of the picture were never there either....

Also, the paint right around and on top of the areas cracked from the impact as well.

So after a good amount of rage, venting to friends, and NOT eating my hawaiian BBQ for an hour or two, I called and filed my claim with insurance. Well, hopefully I can get it nicely fixed within a month or two. Anyone in Irvine/Torrance/SoCal have any good body shops in mind? I might just go to the dealership to get it fixed. But chances are there are cheaper shops elsewhere that my insurance will approve of.

Last edited by snarlingchicken; 02-26-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C300
Man I feel ur pain.

I went to HEB to get medz since I was sick as **** and I was in a hurry so I park close but it was around 10pm and not a lot of cars out. I parked where no car was around but the very next day as I was washing my car. I notice a long key scratch from headlight to taillight.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by SuPERSaK
Man I feel ur pain.

I went to HEB to get medz since I was sick as **** and I was in a hurry so I park close but it was around 10pm and not a lot of cars out. I parked where no car was around but the very next day as I was washing my car. I notice a long key scratch from headlight to taillight.
Danggg! I thought I had it bad....I take it getting that fixed wasn't cheap... T_T
Sorry to hear..
Old 02-26-2011, 10:13 PM

08 C300
Luckily it wasn't a deep scratch. 80% of it buffed right out. Plus having a white car helps out.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:28 PM

Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
Sorry to hear that an unfortunate incident happened on what suppose to be a fine day for you

Well it looks like the whole bumper needs to be repainted... your looking at 2 days maybe 3 days at the most depending on how busy the shop is

Does the parking lot have any surveillance camera?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:42 PM

2008 C350
That blows man, sorry to hear that.

Happened to me back in Oct 04 when I had my GTO; someone backed into it in what could have only been a lifted truck and totally crunched the hood inward. Got a carbon fiber hood out of the deal though. Best of luck getting it taken care of.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by ZeroSeVen
Sorry to hear that an unfortunate incident happened on what suppose to be a fine day for you

Well it looks like the whole bumper needs to be repainted... your looking at 2 days maybe 3 days at the most depending on how busy the shop is

Does the parking lot have any surveillance camera?
Thanks :/ And no they don't. So there goes my luck...Oh well. I'll probably take some time off to get it fixed when I can then. If I do end up going to the dealership, I just hope they don't give me a dinky Kia Rondo again as a loaner...

Originally Posted by phobos512
That blows man, sorry to hear that.

Happened to me back in Oct 04 when I had my GTO; someone backed into it in what could have only been a lifted truck and totally crunched the hood inward. Got a carbon fiber hood out of the deal though. Best of luck getting it taken care of.
Yikes. That doesn't sound pleasant. How does the CF hood look on your car? I don't think I've ever seen a normal W204 with a CF hood yet. :O
Old 02-27-2011, 01:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
There are a lot of morons out there.
Feel your pain.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
found a scratch on my car too after not touching it for a week in our underground garage. It had to have been the person next to me, but I cant exactly prove that it was him.

the way you have to see it is that its just a car. Even though we are really **** about our cars, you cant expect to keep it spotless forever. My mom and I joke all the time, wondering how people with S classes go out; we are already so paranoid with our C class

Last edited by joshg1001; 02-27-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
Yikes. That doesn't sound pleasant. How does the CF hood look on your car? I don't think I've ever seen a normal W204 with a CF hood yet. :O
Originally Posted by phobos512
Happened to me back in Oct 04 when I had my GTO
Old 02-27-2011, 03:15 AM

08 C300
Originally Posted by joshg1001
found a scratch on my car too after not touching it for a week in our underground garage. It had to have been the person next to me, but I cant exactly prove that it was him.

the way you have to see it is that its just a car. Even though we are really **** about our cars, you can expect to keep it spotless forever. My mom and I joke all the time, wondering how people with S classes go out; we are already so paranoid with our C class
I see a lot of C63 and E63 around my town... I always think WTH do they do for living. The new E63 is my dream car.. If I ever get to own one of them I would go crazy **** about it.. Constantly keeping an eye out and park where I can see the car from inside lol
Old 02-27-2011, 03:36 AM

C350
sorry to hear that man.. i feel ur pain... i juz had that kind of problem recently.. some a**hole at skool opened his/her door n' dinged my door... it's not that much noticeable but at least it's noticeable to me n' every time i see that i feel so sad.. too bad i didn't catch him/her... i hate that kind of ppl who r not responsible... at least they should apologize...
Old 02-27-2011, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
Oops. Haha. I totally mis-read that. In that case I'm sure it looked great on your GTO. Sorry my mind's been everywhere lately. Or I need to brush up on my reading skills.

Originally Posted by cthumarshall
sorry to hear that man.. i feel ur pain... i juz had that kind of problem recently.. some a**hole at skool opened his/her door n' dinged my door... it's not that much noticeable but at least it's noticeable to me n' every time i see that i feel so sad.. too bad i didn't catch him/her... i hate that kind of ppl who r not responsible... at least they should apologize...
Yeah...I have two door dings on my passenger's side too.. :[ I'll probably get em all fixed at once seeing as they're like about $80-100 each to fix with paintless dent removal.

Originally Posted by joshg1001

the way you have to see it is that its just a car. Even though we are really **** about our cars, you can expect to keep it spotless forever. My mom and I joke all the time, wondering how people with S classes go out; we are already so paranoid with our C class
I agree. When the day ends, it's just a car. The sad thing is walking up to your car each day and being reminded of it. :/
Old 02-27-2011, 04:31 AM

c300
my ex had the samething happen to her at a krogers parking lot and she went to the manager and they filed a insurance claim for the damages and took care of it... mite wanta report it to the store manager asap..
Old 02-27-2011, 04:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by Imageboi
my ex had the samething happen to her at a krogers parking lot and she went to the manager and they filed a insurance claim for the damages and took care of it... mite wanta report it to the store manager asap..
Why the store manager....? I don't think they would be responsible for damage to my car inflicted by another person o_O But I already did file an insurance claim with AAA.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:56 AM

c300
hers was a shopping cart hit her car and the store is responsible for what happens in the parking lot all i know they repaired it all like she got into a wreck with another car.. dunno if it was she complained enough or what but they took responsibility over it and paid for it..
Old 02-27-2011, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by Imageboi
hers was a shopping cart hit her car and the store is responsible for what happens in the parking lot all i know they repaired it all like she got into a wreck with another car.. dunno if it was she complained enough or what but they took responsibility over it and paid for it..
Kinda hard to pin it on the store manager of the BBQ store when there's a radio shack, chinese restaurant, mochilato, and some other stores right next to it...Lol. Well I already filed my claim. I'll just wait it out I guess. And it definitely doesn't look like shopping cart damage so
Old 02-27-2011, 05:21 AM

c300
oh then in that case yea your going to have to do it that way... good luck with it... that does suck..
Old 02-27-2011, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Well, you said you just wanted BBQ......

and you got a Broken Bumper Quandry.

Sorry for the bad news, but better plastic parts than sheetmetal!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:12 PM

C350
Yeah...I have two door dings on my passenger's side too.. :[ I'll probably get em all fixed at once seeing as they're like about $80-100 each to fix with paintless dent removal.

oh there is such thing as paintless dent removal..?? i didn't know... how do i do that.?? or any body shop can do that..??
Old 02-27-2011, 04:11 PM

MB C-300 Sport 2009 Manual Black XPIPE+Exhaust
same thing happened to me so do not feel alone on this, i went to get a hair cut in culver city, on the same plaza there is Ralphs and a bunch of other stores. So i parked than after i walked about 10 feet i decided to re-park the car since I didnt feel like i was parked in a "hit free zone" and so i did I re-parked at another spot. I come back and what do you think with my ****ing luck someone backed in to me or rear ended the car and i only noticed it when i came home at night that day. I still didint fix it since it is barely visible but still a small dent that i notice.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Well, you said you just wanted BBQ......

and you got a Broken Bumper Quandry.

Sorry for the bad news, but better plastic parts than sheetmetal!
Haha, I wouldn't have thought of that :O Creative, that's for sure. And VERY true.... I just hope they manage to get rid of the warping to the bumper from the impact...it bugs the life out of me.

oh there is such thing as paintless dent removal..?? i didn't know... how do i do that.?? or any body shop can do that..??
Yeah, basically they stick some sort of rod into the slot of your door or wherever you have the dent, and they roll the dent back out. They have some videos of it on youtube if you wanna look it up. And your dealership or somewhere else probably has the same service, but my guess is they just call one of those guys who specialize in it, pay him, and charge you like 25% more. >_>

Originally Posted by kirillbenz22
same thing happened to me so do not feel alone on this, i went to get a hair cut in culver city, on the same plaza there is Ralphs and a bunch of other stores. So i parked than after i walked about 10 feet i decided to re-park the car since I didnt feel like i was parked in a "hit free zone" and so i did I re-parked at another spot. I come back and what do you think with my ****ing luck someone backed in to me or rear ended the car and i only noticed it when i came home at night that day. I still didint fix it since it is barely visible but still a small dent that i notice.
Yikes...Yeah, I hate that we owners are always able to see damage to our cars and are bugged by it so much. Sigh. You know, I just hope karma bites the people whoever hit/keyed/damaged our cars in the butt.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:51 PM

c300

it's like a art to the pdr people... the better ones can do it without the rod but if you youtube paintless dent repair it'll show you like the basics.. pretty neat techniques they use..
Old 02-28-2011, 02:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C300 09' (GONE) W205 C63S Edition 1 Estate
Damn.. that sucks man. Im sorry
Old 02-28-2011, 02:46 PM

'08 c300 sport
sucks dude. Good luck with all that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sigh. All I wanted was some BBQ.