C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Parametric Equalizer in Audio 20

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 09:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4Matic
For those in this thread who mentioned getting a powered sub, you might want to consider going bigger. I have a GLK and just had a Kicker hideaway compact powered sub installed in the spare tire compartment, and it doesnt keep up with the Audio 20 system once I installed the Infinity speakers (which are tremendously bright; I need to start experimenting with the EQ immediately to rein in the treble before my ears bleed). I am going to have the install shop replace the 150 watt Kicker 8 inch sub with a shallow mount 10 inch and power it with 500 watts. The stock head unit can get the Infinity speakers really loud, so anything less in a sub would not keep up, in my opinion.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4Matic
Would anyone care to offer an opinion on which frequencies I should adjust if I want to dial down the treble in my new Infinity tweeters? I'm not happy with how these speakers sound. I left the crossovers at 0 and didnt select -6dB, and they are very bright and hurt my ears when I turn the volume up. They are also lacking punch, in my opinion. The stock speakers offered punchier bass and I miss that. So I am looking for some help to adjust the EQ to bring up the bass a bit, and make the tweeters sound warmer. Oh, and I can only adjust the gain in increments of 5 decibels, like one other person in here experienced. It was that way the first time I experimented with the settings. I have a powered sub now that I will be swapping out for a larger subwoofer and separate amp, so my main concern is how to warm the sound from 80Hz up. Thanks in advance for advice/opinions!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200 Estate Kompressor W204, 2018 GLA 220d
Originally Posted by Cleanbenz
Sticking with my settings above guys, sounds fantastic! Give them a try, you won't be dissapointed.
@cleanbenz. Do we need to do anything with that "TUNE" button while we are in the Para EQ?

By the way a big thanks for the settings.

Just figured about "tune". When you're in PE if you click "tune" everything goes "flat" on that speaker. You then input the numbers and click on "set" and the data is saved. Need to do it for all four speakers. Alternatively you can just go straight in, change the numbers and hit "set" and everything is saved.

@Acapulco Bill. Many thanks for starting this thread. The information is invaluable.

Last edited by Sentosa; 12-30-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: additional info.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 W204 2009
Help with Parameters

Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
This thread is exclusively about the Audio 20, non-Harman Kardon system.
The Harman Kardon audio system for the W204, is perhaps the most sophisticated and sonically accurate, distortion-free stereo ever installed in a production automobile. The HK system is the result of 20 years and ten of thousands of hours of research, measurement and engineering efforts, and what is installed in the current C class was designed in parallel during the computer-modeling stage of the W204.
In order to keep hum and noise to a minimum, fibre-optic cable is used to connect the subwoofer to the main amplifier head. Besides this, special door panels and dampening materials are used to insure the proper loading of the speakers and accuracy of reproduction without resonances or distortions.
Plus time-delay to phase-align the driver outputs to best serve all listening positions.
SO... if you were one of the lucky ones to have received the Harman Kardon system in your W204 for the mere few hundreds of dollars that MB charges (an equivalently accurate home system would cost tens of thousands of dollars), the best recommendation is just to turn on the radio, insert a CD or plug in an iPod, and enjoy the music just as it is. (e.g. leave well enough alone!)
The REST of us will have to suffer and fiddle around and upgrade with aftermarket speaker systems and subwoofers, using to the maximum the limitations of the base Audio20 headunit, the purpose of this thread is to get the best from what is available in the Audio20, NOT the fabulous HK.
That said, with an Infinity Kappa speaker upgrade, a self-amplified subwoofer and dealing with various iPod Interface issues, the Audio20 system can perform at an excellent level that rivals that of the HK system.
Dear Sir
I have cleared the parameters in my C350 W204 NTG4 with HK system through the engineering mode, so I need the file to be uploaded from PCMICA, how can I get it, Thanks
Old 03-27-2016, 01:48 AM

02 c 230 coupe
hi guy just got my gla last week, it using the audio 20, you can change the audio tone level by passing the vehicle setting > return > ( at the bottom you will see ' system setting, time ' push the big button to high light the time > system setting > favorite > sound , then ' bass , mid range , treble ' will show up then you can make change , enjoy
Old 04-03-2016, 10:32 AM

02 c 230 coupe
u can also setting the tone on radio / media by pushing down the big button , it will show more options. hope can help.
Old 07-09-2023, 11:50 PM

E200
Audio 20_2012-E200

Here are the settings on my 2012 E200 7G Blueefficency, for both depth and clarity of sound: