C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C300 in Red and Black/Alpaca Grey interior?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 02:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
C300 in Red and Black/Alpaca Grey interior?

C300 in Red and Black/Alpaca Grey interior?-new.jpg

C300 in Red and Black/Alpaca Grey interior?-red.jpg
C300 in Red and Black/Alpaca Grey interior?-backseat.jpg

Planning to change my ride (C300 2008) and am deciding between the Fire Opal red and obsedian black (may look to similar to the tanzanite blue) and the sales person highly discouraged me from that color.

He did the same thing three years back and I went with Tanzanite Blue, is it possible that the dealer is discouraging red because they might have a hard time selling it after the lease is over? Not that it really matters since i am riding it

Anyway, I didnt want to go with the same interior color as my current car and was thinking of getting the Black/Alpaca Grey (see picture). the dealer doesnt have an display model with that interior and Í was hoping for some feedback from some possible owners out there that have that color.

1) Any regrets getting the grey?
2) How does it wear?
3) how does the grey artico look after a few years?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Two things...the dealer most likely tried to discourage you from getting anything he did not already have in his inventory, and therefore, was not yet paying interest on in his floorplan. He is most interested in selling what is already on his lot.

I have had that identical interior for over two years. It still looks like new, with occasional cleaning. It also stays cooler in sunny climates than all black interiors, and being light-toned, seems visually larger and less closed-in. I would do it again.

Last edited by Sportstick; 04-11-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
I can't speak to the red exterior but I've had the grey/black interior for three and a half years. It still looks brand new, I am very happy with it, and I ordered it again for my new car in fact.

I'm actually a big fan of grey interiors on every car, to be honest, and have specifically chosen exterior colors based on what goes with a grey interior.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 PM

2011 E350 4 Matic
Thanks for the feedback. I just came back from a dealer and although they had two in the lot with that color scheme, the sales person wasn't recommending it.

"gets dirty quicker, blue jeans will stain the seats"

I clean my car pretty often (try to anyway) so I don't mind the cleaning part but would have been worried if jeans would rub off on the seats and it not coming off.

and yeah the interior is already small so had the same thought of perhaps feeling "larger".
Old 04-11-2011, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by 2nice4me
Thanks for the feedback. I just came back from a dealer and although they had two in the lot with that color scheme, the sales person wasn't recommending it.

I clean my car pretty often (try to anyway) so I don't mind the cleaning part but would have been worried if jeans would rub off on the seats and it not coming off.

and yeah the interior is already small so had the same thought of perhaps feeling "larger".
Absolutely not true...I wear jeans all the time. When there is a slight tinge of dirt, easy cleaning brings it back to looking new. Again, the unit he is trying to direct you to has probably been in inventory/floorplan longer, therefore, he has a financial motivation to sell. Check the build dates on the driver B-pillar label. You would want the freshest unit in any event.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:47 PM

I vacuum out my car and run a duster over the dash like twice a year and it rarely looks dirty. The dirtiest part of the interior is almost always the floor mats from dirt, mud, winter nastiness, etc. Both the grey/black and all black interiors come with black floor mats so they'll be equally dirty.

As for blue jeans, I guess that might depend on the jeans but I wear jeans a lot and I own one specific pair of very dark jeans that came with a tag attached to them that said something like, "Warning, the color may transfer to light upholstery." My seats are still grey with not even a hint of blue.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:23 PM

2011 E350 4 Matic
cool, interior decision is done
Old 04-14-2011, 10:31 PM

Since my last response, I took delivery of my 2011 with the grey/black interior. The grey is noticeably lighter than the grey in my 2008. I was rather surprised at how light it was when I opened the door and it made me think of this thread. I hope my earlier statements about the grey not getting dirty stand. I also hope I didn't just buy the automotive equivalent of white carpeting.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by balticgreen
Since my last response, I took delivery of my 2011 with the grey/black interior. The grey is noticeably lighter than the grey in my 2008. I was rather surprised at how light it was when I opened the door and it made me think of this thread. I hope my earlier statements about the grey not getting dirty stand. I also hope I didn't just buy the automotive equivalent of white carpeting.
No, you didn't!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:12 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic
Originally Posted by balticgreen
Congrats, what exterior color did you get? Dealer emailed me today, wants me to come and see the Obsedian black with the grey interior.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sportstick
No, you didn't!

Congrats, what exterior color did you get? Dealer emailed me today, wants me to come and see the Obsedian black with the grey interior.
Thanks, it's Black. I had Steel Grey over Grey/Black last time and although I liked it, I wanted something different this time. The black over grey looks great. I've had the car three days and have received numerous compliments specifically on the color combo.