C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Lease up in 3 months... a couple questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Lease up in 3 months... a couple questions

So basically my lease is finally coming to an end... and I have to do a final service on the car. The dealerships tell me I MUST do the service or else I will be charged for it bla bla bla. I see on youtube tho there is a way to access your screen panel and tell your car that the service has been done on it. If I do this can I get away with NOT doing the service on my car and the dealership thinking I did?!?

Also I want to know: If after my car has been inspected and I turn in the car to Mercedes and they see any problems with the car (i.e. car not serviced or X-pipes on the bottom instead of a resonator), can they still charge me for it or its their problem at that point because I signed the car off to them?!?!!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 c400 sport
I really do not agree with you returning your car without servicing it first, which i'm sure is a stipulation in the legal contract you signed, and then passing possible problems onto the next owner.

But, in my experience, the dealer had no problem with my old GLK350 and its x pipe when i traded it in for my C350. I gave them the old resonator and they didn't even put it back in before it was sold. The GLK was not a lease though, so maybe it will be different for you.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
You can trick the computer into thinking you did the service but when they go over the car for the inspection their going to see that you didn't have it done and probably hit you with some bs charge for not doing it .
Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by mat2hu
So basically my lease is finally coming to an end... and I have to do a final service on the car. The dealerships tell me I MUST do the service or else I will be charged for it bla bla bla. I see on youtube tho there is a way to access your screen panel and tell your car that the service has been done on it. If I do this can I get away with NOT doing the service on my car and the dealership thinking I did?!?

Also I want to know: If after my car has been inspected and I turn in the car to Mercedes and they see any problems with the car (i.e. car not serviced or X-pipes on the bottom instead of a resonator), can they still charge me for it or its their problem at that point because I signed the car off to them?!?!!
So you aren't getting another Mercedes? If so, should have turned it in before the service was due.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
What service is due?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So basically my lease is finally coming to an end... Also I want to know: If after my car has been inspected and I turn in the car to Mercedes and they see any problems with the car (i.e. car not serviced or X-pipes on the bottom instead of a resonator), can they still charge me for it or its their problem at that point because I signed the car off to them?!?!!
Depending on the dealer you may get a bill on a later day for the resonator and the dealer will replace the entire muffler, so you better play safe and reinstalled the resonator.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:57 AM

2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S

Its a douchey move to not service your vehicle and resetting your service indicator to cover up your neglegance. MB will find out because your service records are accessable by all dealerships via MBNET (their service network). When you return your car and they see on their service computers that the service was not performed but the warning has been surpressed they will put two and two together and charge you for it. They know how to deal with this situation because you are not the first one who throught about doing this. If you were to lease/buy another MB the dealer would let this service slide but if you are leaving the MB family you will be fully charged for it (and also for the dispostion fee of the car so be ready for that also).

The vehicle inspection process varies from dealer to dealer. Some dealers have an independent third party come to your house to inspect the vehicle and then send their findings to MB. My dealership's policy is to drop the car off with them and they will do the inspection and they report it to MB. A few weeks later MB will send you a letter stating that they received the car in good condition or stating what the problems were and how much you owe them for fixing it. I believe you will get charged for the X-pipe mod because according to the contract you must return the car with the same (or equivalent equipment) you got it with.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
He could service it himself with proper documentation. Just reset the light. you don't have to service your car at the stealer
Old 05-03-2011, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Service history must be documented either by MB, an indy shop or yourself (recipts) or it didn't happen. Also the X-pipe is not OEM and they will replace the whole exhaust from the Cats back and bill you. Also check tire wear I have heard of people billed for tires. When my brother turned in his X5 he got a bill for the removal of his window tint the only mod done on the vehicle. Boy was he pissed. And that is why I buy not lease.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
Change xpipe yourself, reset service light, and remove front window tint so that way they can't charge you double or triple for something that will be less than 100.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ron Jr
that is why I buy not lease.
^+1

Same here I stop leasing cars because is a head it returning the car.

Mat2hu. You are better seling the car to a private party.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:33 PM

2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by tanktube67
^+1

Same here I stop leasing cars because is a head it returning the car.

Mat2hu. You are better seling the car to a private party.
I'd never buy and only lease but I'm different from you guys because I don't mod my cars. And with my current dealer returning all of my cars has been a very pleasent experience. The whole car ownership experience is so dependent on your dealer. Good thing you are not tied down to one specific dealer and you can go to any one of your choice.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
I returned my 2008 last week and a third party did come to my work to perform the inspection.

My car was, in my opinion, in VERY good condition, only one visible paint chip, interior also excellent condition.

Anyway, the third party company made numerous notes, the main ones were:
1) scuffed rim ($150)
2) overdue A service (dealer will pay)
3) windshield replacement via insurance (dealer will pay me back for deductable)
4) scratch on fuel tank door

they were very thorough and they will do another final inspection after the car is actually returned. I was shocked by the things they considered to be "noteworthy" as I thought my car was in mint condition. like others mentioned, they likely will charge you for whatever they can get unless you are getting a new vehicle (I got a 2011 fire opal red/Mars red)