C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

H&R supersports on stock rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 Black on Black
went for a run today .... springs help so much with cornering
Old 05-09-2011, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Looking good

I'm thinking of getting it done as well.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:24 PM

08 C300
The LED are making your car float.

LOL JP. Looks good I am getting a set soon.

Last edited by SuPERSaK; 05-09-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 PM

C300
Who installed the springs? Did you realign the car? I want to drop mine by an inch for better handling and then install a bigger sway bar. However, when I spoke to my alignment guy today, he said don't do it - there are no adjustments on camber - or anything else. The stock set up already gives -1.6 camber and if you drop it from OEM, you'll go further (tire cupping and excessive wear, oversteer). To me, this is tough to believe. If its true, then these are truly grocery carts and not performance cars. You need to make adjustments when you modify/improve.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by 930Pilot
Who installed the springs? Did you realign the car? I want to drop mine by an inch for better handling and then install a bigger sway bar. However, when I spoke to my alignment guy today, he said don't do it - there are no adjustments on camber - or anything else. The stock set up already gives -1.6 camber and if you drop it from OEM, you'll go further (tire cupping and excessive wear, oversteer). To me, this is tough to believe. If its true, then these are truly grocery carts and not performance cars. You need to make adjustments when you modify/improve.
Whatever you decide about springs, I can strongly endorse doing the Eibach front and rear antisway bar kit upgrade. Results are excellent, crisper steering response, and, of course, much more roll resistance for stable performance through corners, and ride comfort is maintained. I have not and don't plan to touch the springs...I found the best balance for me.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
I've actually been meaning to find a good place for an alignment once I get my car back. Michael! Care to chime in? Somewhere in the OC would be nice if you have any recommendations :]
Old 05-09-2011, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Whatever you decide about springs, I can strongly endorse doing the Eibach front and rear antisway bar kit upgrade. Results are excellent, crisper steering response, and, of course, much more roll resistance for stable performance through corners, and ride comfort is maintained. I have not and don't plan to touch the springs...I found the best balance for me.
do the bars protrude from under the car? lower my car with out lowering my car just the bottom?

does this even make sense?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 PM

2009 C-300 Sport
Sportstick where did you get the sway bars from and how much?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
Originally Posted by Boris0126
tirerack
Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Mixedfruits
do the bars protrude from under the car? lower my car with out lowering my car just the bottom?

does this even make sense?
The bars simply replace the existing bars, and are held with new bushings which allow for the thicker diameter. They are not any more visible than the original bars, except that they are painted red, so once up on a lift, you can see some small areas of red peeking out. There is no effect whatsoever on the height of the car, which for me, was a good thing.

Originally Posted by Boris0126
tirerack.com sells the kit with front and rear bars included. I paid $450. The front bar is a quick and easy install. The rear was about 3 hours, requiring dropping exhaust, calipers, and slightly loosening the rear subframe to get the old bar out and new one in. But, from the first drive on, I think the smile on your face will let you know it was worth it! I've admitted this before, but we have a few new roundabout intersections here, and sometimes I go around a couple of times before exiting just for the fun of it now.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:34 PM

C300
Originally Posted by Sportstick
I used to teach high speed driving at Road Atlanta with the Porsche club and by far the best upgrades you could do to a stock car were sway bars, valved shocks, tires and real brakes ($$$) - like Brembo's. Since you could go around a corner faster and stop faster (i.e., stay in the throttle longer), you didn't need to modify the motor.

I still might do the sway bar thing, but I hate to think about installing the rear set on this car.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
I still might do the sway bar thing, but I hate to think about installing the rear set on this car.
The rear definitely requires time, patience, skill, and experience, so I had my indy shop do it!! I called Eibach and Tire Rack to be sure the installation couldn't just work as a cross-car extraction and reinstallation through the wheel well. Physics, being what it is, just won't cooperate. They all agreed the sub-frame had to be loosened, which required all the previous steps.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 AM

C300
Sorry for continuing to derail the topic, but after reading 930Pilot and Sportstick's comments, I looked into sway bars as well and found an earlier thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...sway-bars.html

I live in Cleveland, Ohio, and my C300S4M is my daily driver, which includes in the winters here. Lowering it may become a big concern when the snow is piled high, so sway bars seem like a superior option for improving handling without that risk?

Although I may end up doing both in the long run, I will only be able to consider one in the short term. Does having new sway bars on stock springs handle better than stock bars and a SuperSport suspension? There is also a significant cost difference after labor costs are involved, correct?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by lm24
Sorry for continuing to derail the topic, but after reading 930Pilot and Sportstick's comments, I looked into sway bars as well and found an earlier thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...sway-bars.html

I live in Cleveland, Ohio, and my C300S4M is my daily driver, which includes in the winters here. Lowering it may become a big concern when the snow is piled high, so sway bars seem like a superior option for improving handling without that risk?

Although I may end up doing both in the long run, I will only be able to consider one in the short term. Does having new sway bars on stock springs handle better than stock bars and a SuperSport suspension? There is also a significant cost difference after labor costs are involved, correct?
I don't know of anyone who has made that direct comparison, but antisway bars provide steering and handling benefits with essentially no deterioration of ride quality. Many of those who have had great experiences with stiffer springs live in more moderate climates with much better road surfaces than we have in the midwest. Stiff springs on smooth roads have benefits with minimal downside, but then again, an unsprung kid's toy wagon on a "billiard table" surface is pretty smooth too!!

Figure about 4 hours total for front and rear at whatever your shop charges...around here, it's $95/hour at our indy shop. If you don't have someone reliable in Cleveland, Detroit is just about a 3 hour ride and MotorWerks in Commerce is outstanding! Ask for Shaj to do the work, who did mine, and is an outstanding tech.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
MBarts camber kit would take care of any cupping and any overwear issues when lowering your car.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:11 PM

08 C300
I know its only been a couple days but has it settle any more ? I am do for a drop on my car and am really indecisive about which springs to get HR SS or B&G.. I want the most DROP possible from springs.

Last edited by SuPERSaK; 05-10-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
yeah dropped a little more Id say Hr ss on my part their great but idk b&G from what I do know Is ss is more of a drop and b&G right between ss and s well what I heard anyways
Old 05-10-2011, 09:18 PM

08 C300
Post up some updated pics of u can
Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
Originally Posted by SuPERSaK
Post up some updated pics of u can
if you can wait, it is said to be a little more drop with in the next two weeks lol

Old 05-11-2011, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Did you get an alignment yet?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 Black on Black
Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
Did you get an alignment yet?
nope been lazy and to tell you the truth a bit but when my tires wear out i get new rims so .... you know the drill hahahahahhaha
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C350
Lucky. Haha. But seeing as I just got new rears not that long ago and I JUST got a new one too because one of em caught fire, I'd want to savor the new tire while I have it. Which means I'd better start browsing for a good shop that does work on lowered cars.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey mixed, has the car finally setteled? care to post some updated pics bud
Old 06-05-2011, 09:52 AM

2011 C300 Sport
Is that a tag?

Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

looks like it might be the tag carrera, i got one for my 21st bday but with the stainless steel bracket, good taste sir

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: H&R supersports on stock rims