C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2009 c300 with command, but no sirius?

Old 05-29-2011, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 c300
2009 c300 with command, but no sirius?

I read a ton of posts on here and most everyone says that if you have nav and ipod you have sirius. Seems like I don't though. Just bought the car used and made sure I bought one with nav (thinking that meant I would have sirius). Looking on the Mercedes website it looks like you can get command without sirius. Doh!. I HAVE to have sirius. So what are my options? Can I by it from a wreck c300? what other cars would have it? anyone have a part number? ANY info would help. Thanks everyone, glad to be a 204 owner.

Dylan
Old 05-29-2011, 09:01 PM

2012 C350 coupe
oops nvm I just read the options again and its only part of the P1 package.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:12 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
theres a way to install sirius and run it thru the headunit, but you will have an extra display. you could get a diff head unit off ebay, and there might be a way to change it at the dealer using the engineering menu. mine got screwed up in the 08 i had and lost everything but reg radio and all the choices were in the engineering menu to reactivate and start the setting. If the antenna is in the car already which it prob is it should be easy. go talk to the service manager and get a good tech to look at it.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:12 PM

2009 c300
So how do I add it?

It's so bizarre to me to have the big old command interface but not have sirius. Does anyone have a part number or know where the brain is located?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 12:24 PM

2009 c300
Thanks - I'll go talk to service. By the way, Jimmy. I recognize your name. Weren't you on the 540 user groups a few years back? You switch over to a merc?
Old 05-30-2011, 06:10 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by dylancarter
I read a ton of posts on here and most everyone says that if you have nav and ipod you have sirius. Seems like I don't though. Just bought the car used and made sure I bought one with nav (thinking that meant I would have sirius). Looking on the Mercedes website it looks like you can get command without sirius. Doh!. I HAVE to have sirius. So what are my options? Can I by it from a wreck c300? what other cars would have it? anyone have a part number? ANY info would help. Thanks everyone, glad to be a 204 owner.

Dylan
This is surprising since my 2008 with MM has Sirius built in. When I push the radio button repeatedly, I get FM, AM, WB (weather band) and then Sat Radio which shows on the lower left along with the Sirius logo at the right middle. And, Ipod has nothing to do with this.

What I cannot recall is what was displayed before I activated Sirius for the first time and what happened when the free six month demo expired.

A visit to a dealer is your best bet.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Once you resolve the Sirius issue, if you plan on keeping the car for many years, be sure to check out the economics of the Lifetime Subscription. Sirius doesn't market it aggressively, but for a one-time $399, by the end of the fourth year, the amortization results in having paid $8.31 per month, and it obviously improves further over more time.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:17 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Once you resolve the Sirius issue, if you plan on keeping the car for many years, be sure to check out the economics of the Lifetime Subscription. Sirius doesn't market it aggressively, but for a one-time $399, by the end of the fourth year, the amortization results in having paid $8.31 per month, and it obviously improves further over more time.
Keeping in mind that lifetime in Sirius-speak means the "lifetime of the receiver" which means in the car it's installed in and will not be transferred to another vehicle and I quote:

Do you offer lifetime subscriptions?

Yes. SiriusXM currently offers lifetime subscriptions for the following packages: Select and Premier packages, as well as the Select Family-Friendly and Premier Family-Friendly packages.

A "Lifetime" subscription is one that continues for the life of the receiver equipment. Lifetime subscriptions are nonrefundable.

Automotive receivers: A Lifetime subscription is not transferrable if it's associated with a receiver installed in a vehicle by an automaker or an automotive dealer, except if the original receiver is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective. For each permitted transfer, you will be charged a transfer fee. No transfer fee is charged for the transfer of a Lifetime subscription associated with an automotive receiver if it was defective.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by RLE
Keeping in mind that lifetime in Sirius-speak means the "lifetime of the receiver" which means in the car it's installed in and will not be transferred to another vehicle and I quote:

Do you offer lifetime subscriptions?

Yes. SiriusXM currently offers lifetime subscriptions for the following packages: Select and Premier packages, as well as the Select Family-Friendly and Premier Family-Friendly packages.

A "Lifetime" subscription is one that continues for the life of the receiver equipment. Lifetime subscriptions are nonrefundable.

Automotive receivers: A Lifetime subscription is not transferrable if it's associated with a receiver installed in a vehicle by an automaker or an automotive dealer, except if the original receiver is stolen, accidentally damaged or defective. For each permitted transfer, you will be charged a transfer fee. No transfer fee is charged for the transfer of a Lifetime subscription associated with an automotive receiver if it was defective.
All correct and valid points. Other than theft or accidental damage, it goes as long as one has the car with no additional out of pocket costs. However, with $13 per month as the typical fee, the breakeven is in 2-1/2 years and the drop is quite attractive thereafter. Works for vehicle purchasers who plan to hold the car...not so great for typical leasing. I now own three vehicles and have the Lifetime sub on each one.

Last edited by Sportstick; 05-30-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 PM

2009 c300
I'll have to go talk to the dealer. This is so strange. The cars user manual and such in the glove box has a thing from Sirius that says "You have sirius".

However when I hit radio it just cycles through fm/am/wb then back to fm. Sigh
Old 06-03-2011, 04:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
If you have the flip up with multimeda package you probably do have sirius but no subscription. I can't recall what the interface looks like when you don't have the subscription but if you navigate the MM screens you should be able to locate the SIRIUS Transmitter ID. I vaguely remember seeing Sirius as an option even when I didn't have a subscription for a day or two. But if I tried to access it it would say SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED or something.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:16 PM

2009 c300
I went to the dealer. To their surprise, the car does NOT have sirius. The looked up my vin the database and said that even though I have the HK sound system and command, I don't have sirius. Go figure. I literally bought this specific car because it had command which I assumed meant it had sirius.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:00 PM

2009 C300 Sport
Dylan,

Have the same issue you're encountered. Spoke to the dealership where my car was sold new and they confirmed that it's prewired for Sirius but does not have the receiver installed.

I'm curious; did you get a price for the receiver and cost to install?

Thanks,
Troy
Old 06-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
991 C2S, AP2 S2000, E400 Coupe
Check out Rocco's Auto Tech in Costa Mesa. They're able to retrofit and code for things that dealers won't even touch.

I was in the same boat as you; I purchased a 2009 C300 with MM and iPod, but without P1 and without Sirius. I regretted the decision, so I kept an eye on eBay for compatible OEM Sirius receivers. I wish I could give you a part number, but it's not that simple. There are tons of compatible receivers, but you mainly want to limit your search to ones that were pulled from other NTG4 cars (GLK, other C classes, the new E sedan/coupe, etc.).

After weeks of looking, I sourced one for about $150 and took it to Rocco's Auto Tech. They were able to retrofit it in the passenger footwell area and code the COMAND system to recognize it. It's been a year and a half and I couldn't be happier with the install. In the coming months, I'm looking at retrofitting the media interface from MY 2010+ cars as well.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM

2011 c300
Angry

Originally Posted by tdbrewst
Dylan,

Have the same issue you're encountered. Spoke to the dealership where my car was sold new and they confirmed that it's prewired for Sirius but does not have the receiver installed.

I'm curious; did you get a price for the receiver and cost to install?

Thanks,
Troy

Hey Troy, I recently traded in my 2008 c300 that had Sirius Radio for a 2011 c300, which I mistakenly assumed also had Sirius Radio. My 2011 c300 does not have Sirius. I took it to the dealer to see how much it would cost to install the receiver, and they told me that they had to remove the entire radio component that the car came with and add a new screen, new radio component, which comes with Sirius. With installation and labor, this would total about $1,800.00.

I'm so sad. I only listened to Sirius in my 2008 car, and i dont want the ugly additional screen that would come with the other kind of install through like Best Buy.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 139 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
I am curious why you buy cars without looking in detail on what is included on them. It might be the impulse of getting a new ride but if you owned a car before chances are you know how to buy and look for a new one and doing your homework. Not to be a jerk or something on this tread but it seems stupid for someone to buy a very expensive equipment without knowing what they are buying.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 PM

2018 C300 sedan, P1, Multimedia, Burmester
Originally Posted by dylancarter
I went to the dealer. To their surprise, the car does NOT have sirius. The looked up my vin the database and said that even though I have the HK sound system and command, I don't have sirius. Go figure. I literally bought this specific car because it had command which I assumed meant it had sirius.
I was in the exact same boat as you when I bought my car. It has COMAND, nav, HK, etc., but not the P1 package, which means no SIRIUS. My dealer was also surprised when I asked about it.

I haven't been able to find out whether or not the actual SIRIUS antenna is installed on my car, which would mean I'd simply have to replace the head unit. If I had to install the antenna as well, which involves running fiber optic from the trunk to the head unit, I'd pass.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:54 AM

2013 C250 Sport P1
Originally Posted by awstansbury
I was in the exact same boat as you when I bought my car. It has COMAND, nav, HK, etc., but not the P1 package, which means no SIRIUS.
I have a 2013 with P1 and NO Sirius, nor have I ever wanted it...EVER. It's one of the reasons I bought the car. Fast forward to the service I had last week (March 2016) and either MBUSA or AutoNation initiated a 2 month SiriusXM trial with me getting a "Please confirm your request" email from Sirius.

Yeah, that ain't happening. I sure hope it was the dealer that made the request because I already have a low opinion of AutoNation. I sure hope MBUSA still has some class.