C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Recommend a local installer (Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 03:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Recommend a local installer (Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland area)

Hey guys,

I am looking into getting some AZN leds and HID conversion kit but don't trust myself to do the install can anyone recommend a local installer they trust? Thanks!

Last edited by icanectc; 05-31-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 Sport
for that matter, would love to see list of DC/MD/VA trusted mechanics, shops, parts dealers, tint shops etc that people are satisfied with
Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C350, 2011 BMW 328xi
TNT Tint in Alexandria. Only does high-end cars but for reasonable price-$250. He does all the work for the Capitals. Ovie is a frequent customer. He did my C350 and it looks great!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Benz Elite in Alexandria is a great shop, run by true MB enthusiasts.
They are fair, extremely knowledgeable, reasonably priced and always stand behind their work.

They have done all the work on my car. In fact, I am headed there this afternoon for a set if new rubber.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM

2016 C450 AMG
@ Worth and @ ltcinf thanks much for the info!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:05 AM

c300
the dealers in this area are crooks... goto mb of annapolis for parts.
MARS in manassas does great work too.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:27 PM

2016 C450 AMG
I have always had great service at the American Service Center (its an MB dealer) on Glebe in Arlington.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:13 PM

c300
ASC are the same guys as MB of Alexandria...
ASC body shop dept is very knowledgeable and always helpful; however, i cannot say the same regarding their service center. They (both ASC and MB of Alex) have tried to charge me on repairs that should be covered under warranty. if i must goto a dealer, i goto annapolis and enjoy the waterfront area
Old 11-07-2011, 12:54 PM

4matic C300
Do you guys know of any shops that do aftermarket work.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:36 PM

2011 C300 Sport 4Matic
Hey what shop did you end up going to? And how was is? Any other places you know of too?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:31 AM

4matic C300
I went to Hot Tint in gaithersburg to do my tint and everything else so far I've done myself (hid conversion, painted housings, tail swap, led exchange, front lip, lamin x on fogs, grille swap, painted engine cover, etc) all in all it wasn't extremely hard. Hit me up if you need any help
Old 12-15-2011, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 C350, 2011 BMW 328xi
Mercedes performance shops in DC area

I just found out recently that there is a Mercedes Benz performance shop in Dulles, VA called funktion auto. http://www.funktionauto.com/performance_tuning.html. They do:

Akrapovic: Titanium Exhausts for Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, Mercedes, MINI, Nissan and Corvette
Carbonio - Carbon Fiber Intake Systems for Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes, AUDI and Maserati.
TPC Racing: Performance and Turbo Kits for Porsche
TUBI Style: Exhaust Systems for Porsche Lambo Ferrari Maserati Aston Martin AUDI
FABSPEED: Custom Exhaust and Intakes for Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Mercedes, Bentley and Maserati
Champion Motorsport: Porsche Performance Kits - WERKS1
STaSIS Engineeering: AUDI Performance Tuning
Softronic: Porsche ECU Tune
Kleemann: Mercedes Benz Tuner - Comfort Power
RENNtech: Mercedes Benz Tuner - Performance with no Compromise
Active Autowerke: BMW Tuner. A passion to be world class.
Piper Motorsport: Race Car Fabrication and Custom Cages
KW Suspensions: Coilovers -- Shocks -- Springs
Europipe Exhausts: Headers, Downpipes, Xpipes, Mufflers for Porsche

I haven't used them yet but they look good. I am surprized with as many MBs there are in this area (saturated) that there aren't more. the dealers here don't do performance work that I am aware of.

Regards,
Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 AM

2011 C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by Invain15
I went to Hot Tint in gaithersburg to do my tint and everything else so far I've done myself (hid conversion, painted housings, tail swap, led exchange, front lip, lamin x on fogs, grille swap, painted engine cover, etc) all in all it wasn't extremely hard. Hit me up if you need any help
I may take you up on that, thanks. I am new to MB and haven't done any mods as of yet. I have HID's and eyelids on the way to me now. I have a lot of questions, like, did you have to take off the wheel or bumper or will I have enough room? did you drill a hole in the dust cap? where did you mount your ballists?

Thanks. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I like the fact of somebody with experience.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:19 AM

4matic C300
Originally Posted by mbraceme
I may take you up on that, thanks. I am new to MB and haven't done any mods as of yet. I have HID's and eyelids on the way to me now. I have a lot of questions, like, did you have to take off the wheel or bumper or will I have enough room? did you drill a hole in the dust cap? where did you mount your ballists?

Thanks. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I like the fact of somebody with experience.
I installed my hid after I painted my housings so I took the bumper off. I just installed my eyelids this past week and I wish I did it when the headlights were off because they were a little bit of a pain doing it afterwards. The bumper is not too hard to get off, now that I know how to do it. I removed the bumper without taking the wheel off. I believe that the last owner torqued the wheels on too much and I had a struggle trying to even get it off so I just gave up and turned the wheels out. I drilled a whole in the dust cap but DDM tuning had a rubber grommet to cover up the hole. My ballasts actually fit perfectly under the headlights and I have had no problem with them moving. Feel free to hit me up at 912-492-5647.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:42 AM

2011 C300 Sport 4Matic
Originally Posted by Invain15
I installed my hid after I painted my housings so I took the bumper off. I just installed my eyelids this past week and I wish I did it when the headlights were off because they were a little bit of a pain doing it afterwards. The bumper is not too hard to get off, now that I know how to do it. I removed the bumper without taking the wheel off. I believe that the last owner torqued the wheels on too much and I had a struggle trying to even get it off so I just gave up and turned the wheels out. I drilled a whole in the dust cap but DDM tuning had a rubber grommet to cover up the hole. My ballasts actually fit perfectly under the headlights and I have had no problem with them moving. Feel free to hit me up at 912-492-5647.
I was hoping to install them without having to take my bumper off. Did you drill your holes in the middle where that tab is? or on the top or bottem half of it? Thanks for the tip that you put them under the lights. I will check under there and find some place to 3m tape and zip tie them down. I might just end up ringing you when they come in the mail this weekend.

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 AM

4matic C300
I drilled a little off of the middle, to make sure that the cover was still functional for my hands. You can install with the lights still on the car but i feel it is easier to see what you're doing with the bumper off. It may seem like a lot but I believe there is only a total of about 10 bolts and it should take about 5-10 minutes with an extra set of hands. But that's just my $.02. When they come in feel free to hit me up and ask questions. Where did you order them from. They eyelid bulbs are a little tricky if someone has worked on them in the past because the wires need to be sticking out so you can yank them out. The passenger side is a breeze because there is so much room. My gorilla hands had trouble on the drivers side.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:27 PM

2011 C300 Sport 4Matic
I got a set of azn optics 5k eyelids and hid. What ddm kit did you get.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:58 PM

c300 4matic
Im in the DC area, do you guys know of any reputable place that does custom x pipes or mufflers?
Old 12-15-2011, 03:58 PM

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
GLK350
My 300 is being brought to atspeedmotorsports.com in Hanover, MD tomorrow for Eibach springs, f/r swaybars, and front lip installation. I'll post a review afterward. My friend is taking the car there, as I'm in Afghanistan. I can tell you so far, that the email/phone communication with the owner has been excellent. We'll see about the finished product.