Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Leather Manual Shift Knob >

Leather Manual Shift Knob

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Leather Manual Shift Knob

 
Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 PM
  #1  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Leather Manual Shift Knob

Thank you Petje for this lead!!

For 69 Euros, this OE (but not in North America) leather shift knob arrived today!
There are a couple of choices, but I chose the all-leather design, which actually fits my hand a bit better than the original aluminum-look design. I found out that this eBay site is actually an MB dealer in Germany.

http://stores.ebay.de/mercedes-benz-...sub=2562644015

Attached Thumbnails Leather Manual Shift Knob-img00115-20110616-1449.jpg  
Sportstick is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Molly Mares (05-26-2019)
Old 06-16-2011, 04:43 PM
  #2  
hmc
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Sport 6MT
Is it easy to install?
hmc is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 05:09 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by hmc View Post
Is it easy to install?
It turned out to be, but I needed help because I was concerned I would break something. With a small plastic flat end tool, you get under and pop off the chrome ring around the boot base and roll up the boot. Then, there is a collar right under the knob which is turned a quarter turn, then it's a hard yank right up. At first, I did not pull hard enough, but I got some more info and the stronger pull released the O.E. knob. The new one went right on, snapped in with downward force, turned the collar to lock it in, snapped in the boot chrome base and was all set. Total time... a couple of minutes.
Sportstick is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
crash1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tobyharlem
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6spd C300 Sport
I've been wondering about this. So just to be clear you unclip the base of the boot, unlock a hidden collar which is under the boot and then the whole thing just yanks off? Are the shift boot and the knob one piece then or can they be separated once their off the car?
crash1369 is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:55 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by crash1369 View Post
I've been wondering about this. So just to be clear you unclip the base of the boot, unlock a hidden collar which is under the boot and then the whole thing just yanks off? Are the shift boot and the knob one piece then or can they be separated once their off the car?
You wedge up the chrome edging around the base of the boot attachment and the clips release allowing it to pop up and out of the console...just get under it gently and work your way around.

Yes, once the collar is rotated, upward pressure pulls off the knob, but it took a lot of pull on my car.

Boot and knob are one assembly, on the car or off.

Good luck!
Sportstick is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 09:41 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
crash1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tobyharlem
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6spd C300 Sport
Thanks. I actually like the OEM knob, but I have been keeping my eye out for options. As long as it's easy to change and didn't require tearing apart half the car you know.
Ideally I would actually prefer just replacing it with one from an automatic but their totally different, aren't they? I would just rather have the Mercedes symbol on the top rather then the shift pattern
crash1369 is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 AM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C300Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,598
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Hey Sportstick, how's the new leather shifter holding up?
I was thinking of giving it a try but the vendor from you link you posted doesn't seem to be selling them any longer. I have searched the web a bit but couldn't find one. Any ideas where I might find one or even just the brand name, model #, etc?
Thanks
C300Sport is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 AM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by C300Sport View Post
Hey Sportstick, how's the new leather shifter holding up?
I was thinking of giving it a try but the vendor from you link you posted doesn't seem to be selling them any longer. I have searched the web a bit but couldn't find one. Any ideas where I might find one or even just the brand name, model #, etc?
Thanks
Good as new! It is an OE Mercedes part, and shows up in the dealer's part database, but without pricing and as N/A in North America. But, I Googled the part number, and found it again! Here it is.....enjoy!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....c#ht_500wt_923
Sportstick is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 AM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C300Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,598
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Good as new! It is an OE Mercedes part, and shows up in the dealer's part database, but without pricing and as N/A in North America. But, I Googled the part number, and found it again! Here it is.....enjoy!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....c#ht_500wt_923
Looks good. Can the US dealers order Euro parts if they are willing to put forth the effort? Although it would likely be more expensive than this anyhow.
I am going to ask my German friend to translate the page (better than Google translate) before I buy as I don't want to miss the fine print....like where is says 100 Euro to ship to the States or something similar...
Thanks!
C300Sport is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 08:36 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by C300Sport View Post
Looks good. Can the US dealers order Euro parts if they are willing to put forth the effort? Although it would likely be more expensive than this anyhow.
According to my very good dealer, no. There is no pricing info available and the part has not been released through the NA distribution system.
Sportstick is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 03:39 PM
  #11  
Member
 
EuRo_C300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2103 Cls550 | C300 MT For Sale
Hi, will i be able to replace my c300 Manual Shift knob with this one and replace my logo with my manual emblem logo ? Thank u

EuRo_C300 is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
  #12  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C300Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,598
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
According to my very good dealer, no. There is no pricing info available and the part has not been released through the NA distribution system.
Spoke with the parts manager at RBM last week and he said he could get me one....for $370. I about choked and declined the offer.
The link you posted seems to be the only one currently available anywhere, and it is used with "scuff" marks so I have decided to bide my time until something pops up.
Thanks for the info as my google search is much easier with the part #.
C300Sport is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 03:16 PM
  #13  
Member
 
DonjuanOriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 149
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 6speed, 2002 Xtreme Blazer, 2007 SS Trailblazer(Sold)
Seems like such a headache for a simple shift knob. I have a manual tran. and have been looking for a direct replacement (not a universal) and have come up with no luck. I hope someone gets to find a good alternative.

Last edited by DonjuanOriginal; 07-19-2012 at 03:20 PM.
DonjuanOriginal is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 01:45 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C300Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,598
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Didn't have to wait too long as I picked up a new OEM leather knob like Sportstick's on eBay for 97.30 USD delivered from Germany. Can't wait to see that ugly yellow DHL van!
C300Sport is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 03:03 PM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by C300Sport View Post
Didn't have to wait too long as I picked up a new OEM leather knob like Sportstick's on eBay for 97.30 USD delivered from Germany. Can't wait to see that ugly yellow DHL van!
Good find! Congrats! The simple change from the slippery aluminum OE part to the black leather is delightful!
Sportstick is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C300Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,598
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Just got my new leather shifter in the mail. It feels great and has a really nice heft to it. Can't wait to put in on...guess I know what I am doing for lunch today!!
C300Sport is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
Sportstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 4,975
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 228i
Originally Posted by C300Sport View Post
Just got my new leather shifter in the mail. It feels great and has a really nice heft to it. Can't wait to put in on...guess I know what I am doing for lunch today!!
Burgers?




Enjoy! Surprising just how much better it does feel!
Sportstick is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 03:34 PM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C300Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,598
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Burgers?




Enjoy! Surprising just how much better it does feel!
This thing is awesome. It's funny but I swear the car shifts better!!

Of course it could be the same as how your car rides better freshly washed and waxed, with a full tank of gas but who cares.
C300Sport is offline  
Old 08-06-2015, 06:34 PM
  #19  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz C300
does anybody know where to get this leather shift knob in the states? thanks in advanced
Rhodes84 is offline  
Old 08-07-2015, 06:38 AM
  #20  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 26
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 4matic
Where do you get when you chrome trip around the boot?
porschebreath is offline  
Old 09-25-2015, 10:50 PM
  #21  
Member
 
DJ BIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Delaware/NJ
Posts: 99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Manual C300 Sport
I am also looking for a leather piece.
I hate the feel and slipperiness of the original aluminum ball.
And it has this thin metal sheet in the middle that has a bit of a sharp edge coming out.
The whole time I am driving I mess with it and it just bothers the sh*t out of me. lol
#ocdproblems
DJ BIS is offline  
Old 09-26-2015, 02:47 AM
  #22  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 580
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport 6MT
You mean like this one? Ping Jerry at formymercedes.com and see if he has any more. It's a great knob!!!
Attached Thumbnails Leather Manual Shift Knob-leather_knob1.jpg   Leather Manual Shift Knob-leather_knob2.jpg  
Doanster is offline  
Old 12-16-2015, 01:55 PM
  #23  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 61
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Old thread I know...but I had the same problem with aluminum chafing on my 6-speed shift knob. Tried painting it - even with etch primer, nothing would stick.

So I got creative with a bit of heat-shrink tubing. Looks not bad and saves me $600 from the dealership!
Attached Thumbnails Leather Manual Shift Knob-shift-knob.jpg  
afeudale is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 05:21 AM
  #24  
Member
 
DJ BIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Delaware/NJ
Posts: 99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Manual C300 Sport
Originally Posted by afeudale View Post
Old thread I know...but I had the same problem with aluminum chafing on my 6-speed shift knob. Tried painting it - even with etch primer, nothing would stick.

So I got creative with a bit of heat-shrink tubing. Looks not bad and saves me $600 from the dealership!
That's really clever. But man, that heat shrink piece has got to be like 2" diameter? more maybe?
Cool hack!
DJ BIS is offline  
Old 05-26-2019, 04:10 PM
  #25  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 mercedes benz c 300
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Thank you Petje for this lead!!

For 69 Euros, this OE (but not in North America) leather shift knob arrived today!
There are a couple of choices, but I chose the all-leather design, which actually fits my hand a bit better than the original aluminum-look design. I found out that this eBay site is actually an MB dealer in Germany.

http://stores.ebay.de/mercedes-benz-...sub=2562644015

The link doesnít work Iím looking for one on my 2009 c 300 6 speed please help thank you
Molly Mares is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leather Manual Shift Knob


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: