C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

w204 exhaust. how should i approach this?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01' c320 (sold) / 03' Ford Focus(sold) :( / 98' C230 / 00' SL500 / 11' C300 Sport RWD w204
w204 exhaust. how should i approach this?

So right now I'm planning out the workings for my exhaust. I can't seem to decide between a regular diffuser or a CF one. I'm leaning towards a regular diffuser cus i dont like the flashy CF look but it just makes me mad that a CF diffuser is only 30-40$ more then spending $220 on a regular one (brackets included).

I'm also stuck with the quad tips. I'm wondering If i should go with C63 tips and do a muffler delete (cus i have to) or order another set of w204 tops and do a makeshift addon to be purely aesthetic. This way I'll still have my stock mufflers and my xpipe won't be as loud (havent installed yet).

any suggestions?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:29 PM

2011 C300 Sport
what do you mean you have to do a muffler delete in order to get quad tips? couldn't you just have quad tips attached to the end of normal pipes with the amg replica diffuser?

i am obvi no expert on this but that was what i was planning on doing eventually
Old 07-09-2011, 04:28 AM

01' c320 (sold) / 03' Ford Focus(sold) :( / 98' C230 / 00' SL500 / 11' C300 Sport RWD w204
another forum member told me if you wanted to do the c63 quads you have to do a muffler delete and run a straight pipe to fit
Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Originally Posted by bringtherain
another forum member told me if you wanted to do the c63 quads you have to do a muffler delete and run a straight pipe to fit
Whoever told you that is highly misinformed. You can just run a Y pipe from the single pipe coming out of the mufflers. I guarantee you that any woman who enters your car, whether it be your mother(in-law), sister, grandma, or perhaps even a gender confused cousin, they, and even you, will probably grow sick of the drone/noise from the lack of mufflers.

If you're looking for tips though, try getting some AMG replica tips from Eurocharged. They actually have the circular inlet, unlike the C300/C350 tips where most exhaust shops simply weld the top and bottom portions (leaving an unsightly gap to be seen when directly looked at from behind). If you don't plan on doing quads for a while I'll sell you mine for a steal. I was planning on doing quads but I think I'm easing out of the mod game actually.

Anywhoo, on another note, what car do you drive now? Your info still lists your car info as an 01 C320. Did you forget to update it or are you planning to run quads on that model? Because that should be taken up with the W203 forums
Old 07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
There are several thread about exhast.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:49 AM

2011 C300 Sport
do you have to do any of that if you just want quad tips with the diffuser, and no change to muffler sound?

Originally Posted by snarlingchicken
Whoever told you that is highly misinformed. You can just run a Y pipe from the single pipe coming out of the mufflers. I guarantee you that any woman who enters your car, whether it be your mother(in-law), sister, grandma, or perhaps even a gender confused cousin, they, and even you, will probably grow sick of the drone/noise from the lack of mufflers.

If you're looking for tips though, try getting some AMG replica tips from Eurocharged. They actually have the circular inlet, unlike the C300/C350 tips where most exhaust shops simply weld the top and bottom portions (leaving an unsightly gap to be seen when directly looked at from behind). If you don't plan on doing quads for a while I'll sell you mine for a steal. I was planning on doing quads but I think I'm easing out of the mod game actually.

Anywhoo, on another note, what car do you drive now? Your info still lists your car info as an 01 C320. Did you forget to update it or are you planning to run quads on that model? Because that should be taken up with the W203 forums
Old 07-10-2011, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2009 C350
Originally Posted by covance
do you have to do any of that if you just want quad tips with the diffuser, and no change to muffler sound?
I'm pretty sure as of now that's the only way.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:45 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
Originally Posted by covance

If you want no change to sound and purely looks just have an exhaust shop weld you 2 tips with a J pipe next to the stock tips and add a quad diffuser, really easy and theres tons of post here about it and a DIY in the section on top. I WOULD NOT do a muffler delete, it drones the car bad, unless your looking to be really loud. You could also do a tack on right to the side and plug the hole to the extra tip and just half a fake tip for show, but its kinda cheapin out especially on a benz
Old 07-10-2011, 06:08 PM

2011 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by jimmythegreek
If you want no change to sound and purely looks just have an exhaust shop weld you 2 tips with a J pipe next to the stock tips and add a quad diffuser, really easy and theres tons of post here about it and a DIY in the section on top. I WOULD NOT do a muffler delete, it drones the car bad, unless your looking to be really loud. You could also do a tack on right to the side and plug the hole to the extra tip and just half a fake tip for show, but its kinda cheapin out especially on a benz
ya this def sounds best for me. i dont want to change the sound or flow mapping of the exhaust system, and i agree that having fake tips does cheapen the benz. thanks!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:57 PM

i'll be down to take em off your hands haha. And no I passed on my 58k miles 01 w203 to a very happy kid who drove down from sacramento to take it off my hands. Just recently picked up my new w204 which I'm starting to resent (because of the auto lights feature with no off function and dimmed DRL's at night).
Old 10-01-2011, 10:45 AM

2011 C250 4Matic Sport

how much would it be for your quads? i have a 2011 w204 4matic..will it work?
Old 10-01-2011, 04:02 PM

2011 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by bringtherain
i'll be down to take em off your hands haha. And no I passed on my 58k miles 01 w203 to a very happy kid who drove down from sacramento to take it off my hands. Just recently picked up my new w204 which I'm starting to resent (because of the auto lights feature with no off function and dimmed DRL's at night).
I was annoyed by auto light feature as well, but recently figured out if you want to turn them off just move the switch to either the left or right Parking light function (so turn the switch to the left). while stationary/parked that function will turn on lights, so when you park turn the switch back to Auto.