C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Just bought a 2008 C350 and I have some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
Just bought a 2008 C350 and I have some questions

I found this forum searching for performance mods for my new to me C350...

I was wondering what would be the best engine mods and the best suspension mods out there...I have looked over some threads and I see that there is exhaust, intake, and ecu upgrades...are there headers also for my car...and I have read about the Magnaflow x-pipe...does the x-pipe just get welded into the factory exhaust system or is it something aftermarket that bolts up...

money isn't an issue, but I do want value for my money...I'm not going to buy $3000 coilovers for instance if $500 coilovers will do the trick so to speak...

I own an auto upholstery shop and I plan on replacing the inserts in the seats with black suede and recovering the door inserts in black suede also...

I also want to know about the wheels...I was thinking I wanted to do 19s on the front and 20s in the rear...I don't know if anyone has done this or not, but I like the look of a larger wheel in the rear...I just don't know if this model car can pull of that look or not...

I want to put the 2011/2012 LED DRLs in the front bumper and replace the stock HIDS with something nicer...what do yall recommend...

I'm planning on getting my windows tinted in the near future and while I have the door panels off, I want to replace the speakers...I'm looking at JL Audio for the whole car...I'm going to be fiberglassing a sub box into the cavity on the driver's side of the trunk...I was wondering what everyone's thought were on this...also, I was wondering if I installed a product like Dynomat if that would help or not...the car is really tight as is and was wondering if it was actually needed or not...

I've looked around the forum some and I like what I've seen...looks like there are some very knowledgeable people here...thanks for having me...oh yeah and here's a couple of pics of the car...

Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 PM

2008 C350
120 views and no replies. Maybe I was wrong about this forum.

There's a lot of questions there. I'm sure someone knows something.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:44 PM

2008 C350
The only question I'm qualified to answer is the one about the X-pipe. They basically cut out your resonator (keep this in case you want to sell your car later and the buyer insists on stock), and weld the X-pipe in its place. Some additional piping is required to make the connections, but any reputable shop should have that handy.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:03 PM

2008 C350
Is the x pipe mainly for sound or does it give you performance also? Thanks for the reply
Old 08-17-2011, 08:25 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
I believe the x-pipe only improves sound......someone correct me if im wrong though
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 PM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I believe the x-pipe only improves sound......someone correct me if im wrong though
There are some that say performance is enhanced, but even if it does, it's negligible at best and not even noticeable.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by Stitches
120 views and no replies. Maybe I was wrong about this forum.

There's a lot of questions there. I'm sure someone knows something.
Nothing wrong here !. If your intention for speed, buy a W204 C63 instead of C350. At factory, MB had been tuned to the max for their engine, you can not do much for the MB car, with the Japan's car you can do a lot but not MB (VW & Audi cars, you can do some upgrade close to the Japan's car, but not too much improve for MB & BMW). Sell you C350 & get a C63 to satisfy your desire !!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
The single most effective suspension mod is swapping out the antisway bars for Eibachs, available from tirerack.com and other places. They made a large difference and great improvement in steering response and overall handling.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 PM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by SoCal208
Nothing wrong here !. If your intention for speed, buy a W204 C63 instead of C350. At factory, MB had been tuned to the max for their engine, you can not do much for the MB car, with the Japan's car you can do a lot but not MB (VW & Audi cars, you can do some upgrade close to the Japan's car, but not too much improve for MB & BMW). Sell you C350 & get a C63 to satisfy your desire !!!!!
I'm sorry I didn't buy a C63...I like my insurance where it is...I can tell you that I don't expect C63 performance out of a C350...I did think that there were things to make it faster though...if I'm wrong then I'm sorry I even brought it up...even though I have it, I don't like to just throw money at a problem...I'd like to research it first I find the best possible solution...buying another car is not one of them though...

Originally Posted by Sportstick
The single most effective suspension mod is swapping out the antisway bars for Eibachs, available from tirerack.com and other places. They made a large difference and great improvement in steering response and overall handling.
thank you...where is the best place to buy the Eibach antisway bars at and...and I would like to get coilovers for the car so I can tune the ride height where I want it...who makes good coilovers and where would be a good place to get them...thanks fellas
Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
I'm sorry I didn't buy a C63...I like my insurance where it is...I can tell you that I don't expect C63 performance out of a C350...I did think that there were things to make it faster though...if I'm wrong then I'm sorry I even brought it up...even though I have it, I don't like to just throw money at a problem...I'd like to research it first I find the best possible solution...buying another car is not one of them though...

thank you...where is the best place to buy the Eibach antisway bars at and...and I would like to get coilovers for the car so I can tune the ride height where I want it...who makes good coilovers and where would be a good place to get them...thanks fellas
Not knowledgeable about coilovers...I like stock ride height, but the Eibachs can be ordered directly from tirerack.com. My guess is that they would also have coilovers, but might be good to call them to discuss...they are great with customer service.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:01 PM

2008 C350
thank you ...I'll give them a call tomorrow...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM

2008 C350
after doing some searching I think I'm gonna go with the H&R Coilovers and the Eibach antisway kit for the front and the rear...I can get both of them from tirerack.com
Old 08-17-2011, 09:56 PM

01' c320 (sold) / 03' Ford Focus(sold) :( / 98' C230 / 00' SL500 / 11' C300 Sport RWD w204
after doing some searching I think I'm gonna go with the H&R Coilovers and the Eibach antisway kit for the front and the rear...I can get both of them from tirerack.com
from what i'm hearing from everyone's suggestions you should either go megans (cheap $900) or KW V3 ($2000). The H&R coils don't have adjustable dampers so your ride is gonna be **** compared to stock.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 PM

'11 C350 '13 F150 lariat
welcome to MBworld. you have alot of questions in your first post. Ill touch on some of them: start w one project and ask about that specific thing in one thread, itll get better responses, and honestly if you use the search u will find tons of info, I still use it LOL

If your gonna drop the car for look and control, go coilovers, you gain adjustability. You really dont need the sway bars if you drop either way coils or springs. They help, its a bang for the buck thing, its your $$. the rear sways are a pain to install, gotta drop some stuff outta the way

Exhaust is up to you. If you wanna go easy on $$ go magnaflows with an X pipe, its loud and mean but tips are an issue, very hard to get the quad look at a good price. Middle high end is meisterchaft, I have it and love it, SR pipes are extra they remove the resonator same as X pipe just dont cross over. I have a set if you want them cheap. Eisenmann is top of the line, little more than meisterchaft, either way 2k-3k but worth it IMO

Wheels u can go 18, 19, or 20. You can go switchback w 19+20, I dont care for the look myself. Get 10" rears with some meat like 265-275 and go 8.5 up front w 225 will look mean and wide. U need high offsets to clear, these cars are tricky w wheels, u wanna read the w204 offset thread when u have time and really read through it for ideas. not tons of wheel choices w these cars. ASK B4 U BUY PLEASE!

Audio I have a full JL system all around 2 amps and DSP. Hits hard and super clean + loud. I can give u the specs if you like on what fits, gimme a budget or what ur thinking. Dont bother w a fiberglass job unless u want the look of it. Custom box under the deck sitting on top of the hump is perfect for two 12s or 10s, or one whatever u prefer, I have 2 w6 12s cant turn it up all the way scared ill break the glass

Get ur windows tinted however u like and u can retrofit the LEDs into the 08 no prob, I had an 08 350 loved it like my new 350, great car. If you rly wanna add HP go kleemann headers, about 1300 but good for 40 hp, check their site, then get an ECU tune. Any intakes u see here are homemade there are none commercially available and Id bet all make the car lose HP, just looks is all they get. The stock ram air is best setup. Get BNC air filters adds few HP adds some growl and suction to intake

anything else ask
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 PM

2011 W204 C300 mm pano
Pss10 for coilovers is another good choice and the sway bars if you buy them by the end of the month eibach has a extra 10% rebate form on there website.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 PM

2008 C350
thanks a ton guys...that's exactly what I was looking for...I was wondering whether I should post a couple of different threads or one mega thread...I own a forum also and I know what kind of nightmare some things can be...

I thank you very much for the tips..

I really don't want to make the car louder just to be louder...if it gets me a performance gain then I will sacrifice some noise level for it...I'll look into the Kleemann headers, exhaust, and ECU...do they sell it all as a package or something like that?

so the megans are good as far as coilovers? where can I look at them online?...I've also seen the KW V1s on tirerack.com...are these any good...

I was wanting to do a fiberglass enclosure with a 10" 6w2 in the recess in the driver's side...I don't want to lose truck space and that's wasted space right there anyways...I can use that space and no more than that space for the sub and enclosure and mold it into the factory side panel and recover it in the factory trunk liner and it'll look like it came from the factory and not intrude into the trunk...like I said, I own an auto upholstery shop and doing the enclosure and making it seamless in the trunk is not an issue at all...

I would like to know what a good set of components for the front and a coax for the rear would be from JL...I would like to go with all JL if I can...

once again thanks for all the replies and good answers
Old 09-10-2011, 11:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Benz, GLA250 4matic
Personally for the exhaust I say go straight pipe with the X pipe....the X makes up for lost back pressure but a majority of the sound comes from the straight pipe. It sounds mean, I wouldn't but mufflers on it unless u went with eismann which is a full cat back