C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

green rims = speeding ticketss

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 4M Wagon & 2013 C350 4M Sedan
Originally Posted by Scat01
1. Respect the police.

2. Pay your fine.

3. Drive smart before you hurt somebody or yourself.

4. btw - radar will work when driving in opposing directions.
1. what a joke
Old 09-26-2011, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
Actually some radar guns are capable of determining speed while in motion. It can calculate the speed of the patrol car moving in one direction, while calculating the speed of the oncoming vehicle.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by Mtl20v
1. what a joke
What a shame...
Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 PM

What a shame...
it is a shame
Old 09-26-2011, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

it is a shame
'tis but a shame
Old 09-26-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by thepinoc
'tis but a shame
a shame... it is
Old 09-26-2011, 06:59 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Es un shame
Old 09-26-2011, 07:33 PM

C204
Shame, isn't it?
Old 09-26-2011, 07:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
Originally Posted by kendricksoares
just got my first ticket for speeding yesterday. 256$ god daammm. The worst part is i was not speeding. I was driving northbound and the cop southbound. When he saw me he did a quick U-turn and pulled me over. Said i was doind 55 in a 40. i was not doing 55 i had my digital speedometer on and i was doing 48. After he gave me the ticket it said the posted speed was 40, when its actually 45. i told him and he said if i wanna debate to just take it to court. he was a douchebag. When he puled me over he asked what i work with and said i must get payed good to be driving around in a merceeeedez,
idk if i should take it to court or just sent it to one of these ticket agencies.
Never plead guilty to something that you're confident that you didn't do on principle. That's what poosies do IMHO.

Also, when a cop asks you what you do for a living, don't say a word. It's completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. I never answer those types of irrelevant questions. "Where you coming from?, Where you going? etc... all get the same answer, "I'm I free to go officer?" They hate it, but my rights > than their right to feel spited.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:31 AM

2008 C350 Sport
a shame... it is
The shame is this generation is sooo F'd up and it starts with the common lack of respect (for everything and everyone) as you so clearly demonstrate. I hope you get pulled over, disrespect an officer, get jailed for the evening, and have your ahole violated...a shame that would be...haha not.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
Originally Posted by kendricksoares
After he gave me the ticket it said the posted speed was 40, when its actually 45.
Go to court with clear pics of the posted limit and this will get it thrown out, at least in NY. I had a ticket thrown out because the officer wrote that my car was black and that model Chysler did not come in black just a dark grey. And yes at night it looks black but my registration clearly said grey. Any mistake however minor on a ticket questions the validity of the whole ticket.

And yes you should always give respect to a police officer even if he is acting like an a$$. Yes Sir, No Sir and so on.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
I don't know what court you go to but I take all my certifications to court. Also I'd advise you counselor to be that not all cops are bad just like all Lawyers are not for lack of a better word "like you". Please don't undermine my fellow brothers and sisters who risk their life everyday to protect you and everyone else.

Originally Posted by TanMan350
You're in FL. I would def fight it. I've gotten 3 tix dismissed in the last 6 months from Fort Lauderdale a**hole cops. When they give me a speeding ticket, I just shut my mouth and move on waiting to go to court....

When I do there are a certain amount of things the cop has to bring to court to verify your speeding: 1)Receipt from T-40 laser 2) his ticket book 3) proof that he has reccaliberate his laser gun within the last 6 months. 99% of the time the cop won't have the 3rd requirement because the defendant (us people) never request the documents from the cop. Florida law required cops to reccaliberate their guns every 6 months to keep with accuracy.

After the cop gives his simple little BS speech, I go step by step under what he needs to have with them. I ask for the receipt from the laser (which they usually have), then ask to see if they have their ticket book (got one dismissed because he forgot it) and then I will ask if he had his gun calibrated within the last 6 months and they will usually in a di**head move say yes and then I ask him to provide documents supporting his claim. When he says he does not have the documents on hand, make a motion to the judge to dismiss your case based on the fact that the state witness (cop) has not provided evidence showing his gun was calibrated correctly within the last 6 months.

Judge will look at you, look at the cop, then say dismissed....

I'm in law school and I still have more tricks up my sleeve just in case this doesn't work. I've actually had people pat me on the back when I've left the court room...

Cops are asses.... but if you know the law, you can basically get away with anything.... especially when cops don't even know their own legal obligations...

I got one cop suspended for lying to the court because I found out he was using 2 separate ticket books to issue traffic citations which is illegal. Under law, they are only allowed to pull over citizens within a 'reasonable' time frame... and by some chance, a cute girl I was hitting on in court had a ticket issued by the same a**hole cop only 3 minutes after my citation and the serial numbers were not in order (meaning he used a different record). When he lied to the judge and I called him out on the book, it was like a movie moment... Long story short, I got her ticket and mine dismissed and had a nice date later that evening....

Moral of the stories: Learn your state laws because most of the cops don't know them.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
All that is required to bring
Is my certification ( I also go a step further and bring the certification on the machine that calibrates the radar and or laser ) my log book and my citation.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:57 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by CA-C300
i just got pulled over lastnight for doing 90 on a 70.. should i give some agencies a call? how do they work and what do they charge? anyone can help wth a good angency for the LA area? thanks!
Don't even think about it. Their offers are predicated on 2 different charges. One LARGE charge that is non-refundable, and one small charge that is refundable if you lose... At the end of the day, all they are doing is sending you the forms (which you can print from the court website) and after you completely fill them out, you mail the forms to the agency and they mail them to the court on your behalf... So you basically end paying in upwards of $250 for a postage stamp that you can get at the post office for $0.50.

If you were cited for 90 in 70, then my guess is that you were cited for CVC 22356, in violation of the maximum statutory speed limit. There are no defenses for that type of citation. And aside from the officer not appearing at trial, your potential for a dismissal are somewhere between slim and none, and slim has left the building a long time ago!

Instead, go to your arraignment, request a fine reduction and take the traffic school option if you're eligible, if not, and assuming this will be the only point on your record, you're not likely to see that big an increase in your insurance premium.

SORRY FOR THE THREAD-JACK!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:07 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by covance
Are these ticket "agencies" you guys mentioned just law firms or is it something diff?
They are often "approved" by a certain unknown and unheard of lawyer who (my guess) gets a cut out of every case they receive!

Think of it this way, why would any licensed attorney choose to go the route of defending traffic citations as a "specialty" when in fact, the same amount of time can be spent on a criminal case, all while charging a higher hourly rate.

Yes, you may find the occasional attorney who will take on a traffic case, but when it comes down to it, and once you are able to establish the rate they are charging, you'll find that the defendant is either close to a suspension (and has little or no option but to pay the higher legal fees to an attorney), or that he was charged with an additional criminal charge that was somehow combined with a traffic ticket!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Mikegpr03
I don't know what court you go to but I take all my certifications to court. Also I'd advise you counselor to be that not all cops are bad just like all Lawyers are not for lack of a better word "like you". Please don't undermine my fellow brothers and sisters who risk their life everyday to protect you and everyone else.
I haven't had a "roadside meeting" with your brethren in many years. Thank you for your service.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:45 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Actually some radar guns are capable of determining speed while in motion. It can calculate the speed of the patrol car moving in one direction, while calculating the speed of the oncoming vehicle.
All radar units mounted inside have always had this function.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Lol thank you sir. I allways make it a point to give breaks we are all human and can have a bad day. Funny I think out of 10 stops I might give 2 citations and the rest warnings. I make it a point to treat people like I would like my family treated. This Badge is not a permit to mistreat anyone. It's an obligaition to make sure you take care of the public since they are trusting you to do so.
I'm nice until I can't be nice anymore.

Originally Posted by Sportstick
I haven't had a "roadside meeting" with your brethren in many years. Thank you for your service.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Originally Posted by RLE
All radar units mounted inside have always had this function.
That's moving radar..
I rather use a laser. you must be stationary tho.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63

Don't speed on my highway lololol!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:34 AM

2008 C350
Your so full of crap it is rediculous...I call BS on just about everything you have stated here..good luck in "law school"....
You'd be surprised, Scat.

The ticket book, proof of calibration, etc, can all be included in a simple motion for discovery. I've had a lot of luck filing that simple motion w/ the clerk. When the prosecutor gets it, they've got better things to do w/ their time.

One step further, if it's radar based, they also need calibration records for the tuning fork used to calibrate the gun.

I don't know if he's in law school or not, but you were wrong to hate here i think.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:23 AM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by encoder
You'd be surprised, Scat.

The ticket book, proof of calibration, etc, can all be included in a simple motion for discovery. I've had a lot of luck filing that simple motion w/ the clerk. When the prosecutor gets it, they've got better things to do w/ their time.

One step further, if it's radar based, they also need calibration records for the tuning fork used to calibrate the gun.

I don't know if he's in law school or not, but you were wrong to hate here i think.

It was more about getting the cop suspended, getting the girl out of a ticket and "getting" the girl that night..blah blah...That and the clear disrepect for law enforcement in his tone "after cop gives BS speech, etc" that resulted in my reply.

I have close relatives and good friends that are officers, local and state, and I cannot stand the new age punk attitude towards officers - I think it is sickening.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:53 PM

C63
[QUOTE=TanMan350;4846978]You're in FL. I would def fight it. I've gotten 3 tix dismissed in the last 6 months from Fort Lauderdale a**hole cops. When they give me a speeding ticket, I just shut my mouth and move on waiting to go to court....

When I do there are a certain amount of things the cop has to bring to court to verify your speeding: 1)Receipt from T-40 laser 2) his ticket book 3) proof that he has reccaliberate his laser gun within the last 6 months. 99% of the time the cop won't have the 3rd requirement because the defendant (us people) never request the documents from the cop. Florida law required cops to reccaliberate their guns every 6 months to keep with accuracy.

After the cop gives his simple little BS speech, I go step by step under what he needs to have with them. I ask for the receipt from the laser (which they usually have), then ask to see if they have their ticket book (got one dismissed because he forgot it) and then I will ask if he had his gun calibrated within the last 6 months and they will usually in a di**head move say yes and then I ask him to provide documents supporting his claim. When he says he does not have the documents on hand, make a motion to the judge to dismiss your case based on the fact that the state witness (cop) has not provided evidence showing his gun was calibrated correctly within the last 6 months.

I'm in law school and I still have more tricks up my sleeve just in case this doesn't work. I've actually had people pat me on the back when I've left the court room...

Cops are asses.... but if you know the law, you can basically get away with anything.... especially when cops don't even know their own legal obligations...

I got one cop suspended for lying to the court because I found out he was using 2 separate ticket books to issue traffic citations which is illegal. Under law, they are only allowed to pull over citizens within a 'reasonable' time frame... and by some chance, a cute girl I was hitting on in court had a ticket issued by the same a**hole cop only 3 minutes after my citation and the serial numbers were not in order (meaning he used a different record). When he lied to the judge and I called him out on the book, it was like a movie moment... Long story short, I got her ticket and mine dismissed and had a nice date later that evening....

Moral of the stories: Learn your state laws because most of the cops don't know them.[/QUOTE ]

One thing you left out. The equipment has to be certified, as you said, but so does the officer. He has to carry with him a certification card for the specific unit he is operating and it has to be up to date.

Last edited by ergon; 09-28-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:06 PM

C63
[QUOTE=TanMan350;4846978]You're in FL. I would def fight it. I've gotten 3 tix dismissed in the last 6 months from Fort Lauderdale a**hole cops. When they give me a speeding ticket, I just shut my mouth and move on waiting to go to court....

Moral of the stories: Learn your state laws because most of the cops don't know them.[/QUOTE ]

One thing you left out. The equipment has to be certified, as you said, but so does the officer. He has to carry with him his certification card and it has to be up to date. Don't run your mouth and get cited for POP. There are asses on both sides.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:11 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by encoder

I think you have it backwards. There is a daily record of calibrating the radar gun with the tuning fork and there is a specified procedure for this.

A friend was ticketed by an officer on the opposite side of the road standing outside his open driver's door aiming across the roof. The ticket was dismissed because when asked how he calibrated the gun that day, he said he tapped the tuning fork on the door frame when in fact it is to be struck on the heel of his shoe. The other thing was that sighting across the roof introduces error because the engine was running causing roof vibration.

Des Moines WA PD issued the ticket.

My friend has mended his ways after getting the BIG ticket after cresting a rise while slowing through 120mph and meeting a WSP Trooper coming the other way. Driving his red Porsche 911 that day didn't help much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: green rims = speeding ticketss