C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

green rims = speeding ticketss

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport, ex 2007 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by victort
sorry you got a ticket, but 48 is still speeding in either a 45 or 40 speed zone. i'm not saying you deserved the ticket or that the cop was right. maybe he was just having a bad day or really just an a-hole or you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time, but that's the chance/risk we all take when we go out. again sorry about your ticket. it sucks getting a ticket.

Not sure how it is in other states, but in Florida, if you are driving less than 6 mph over the posted limit, all you get is a warning - no points and no fine. The exception to this is school zones and if I'm not mistaken, construction zones where "fines doubled" signs are posted.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C300 Sport, ex 2007 C230 Sport
Originally Posted by Scat01
It was more about getting the cop suspended, getting the girl out of a ticket and "getting" the girl that night..blah blah...That and the clear disrepect for law enforcement in his tone "after cop gives BS speech, etc" that resulted in my reply.

I have close relatives and good friends that are officers, local and state, and I cannot stand the new age punk attitude towards officers - I think it is sickening.
I'm sure that your friends and relatives in the law enforcement line of work are good, respectful people, and I happen to know some good ones myself. But there are many folks in law enforcement who abuse their position of authority in varying degrees. This is true for every profession.

A lot of us, perhaps not you, have met at least one rude officer, and some, from what I see in the news have shown blatant disregard for the rights of others. Again, this isn't a sweeping generalization, but you can't pretend that some people's disdain for officers is without cause. I will mention again that I've seen many a fair, cordial, respectful officer over the years, some who have even cited me. Heck, I was once arrested by an officer for a youthful indiscretion, but he was polite and respectful the whole time. I had broken a law and he was doing his job.

Even when someone is speeding, the officer who pulls the person over has no right to be disrespctful to the citizen, talk down to him / her, be sarcstic, judgemental. The officer's job is to penalize the citizen in an honest manner prescribed by the law.

The OP mentioned that the officer incorrectly cited the posted the speed limit as 40mph despite evidence to the contrary. Also, the officer was out of line for the sarcasm about the car the OP drives. Frankly, it is not relevant to the officer's task at hand what car the OP drives or how he affords it, as long as he is legally in possession of the vehicle.

If the OP is being honest, and as common courtesy dictates, I operate under this assumption, it appears this officer was disrespectful and showed disregard for the facts. This has nothing to do with new age punks disrespecting the police, the law, or adults. Respect is a two way street, and citizens and law enforcement need to show mutual respect to each other.

The OP took the high road and did the right thing and did not provoke the officer further. If he so chooses, he can have his day in court.

Bottomline: Authority figures make mistakes and are wrongq too- be it a teacher, an officer, a parent, a priest. Some have innocent lapses in judgement, and others simply have no regard for the rules and abuse their authority. Questioning them is not wrong or disrespectful. However, one would be wise to excercise discretion as to when and where their mistakes are questioned.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by ucfbeta92
I'm sure that your friends and relatives in the law enforcement line of work are good, respectful people, and I happen to know some good ones myself. But there are many folks in law enforcement who abuse their position of authority in varying degrees. This is true for every profession.

A lot of us, perhaps not you, have met at least one rude officer, and some, from what I see in the news have shown blatant disregard for the rights of others. Again, this isn't a sweeping generalization, but you can't pretend that some people's disdain for officers is without cause. I will mention again that I've seen many a fair, cordial, respectful officer over the years, some who have even cited me. Heck, I was once arrested by an officer for a youthful indiscretion, but he was polite and respectful the whole time. I had broken a law and he was doing his job.

Even when someone is speeding, the officer who pulls the person over has no right to be disrespctful to the citizen, talk down to him / her, be sarcstic, judgemental. The officer's job is to penalize the citizen in an honest manner prescribed by the law.

The OP mentioned that the officer incorrectly cited the posted the speed limit as 40mph despite evidence to the contrary. Also, the officer was out of line for the sarcasm about the car the OP drives. Frankly, it is not relevant to the officer's task at hand what car the OP drives or how he affords it, as long as he is legally in possession of the vehicle.

If the OP is being honest, and as common courtesy dictates, I operate under this assumption, it appears this officer was disrespectful and showed disregard for the facts. This has nothing to do with new age punks disrespecting the police, the law, or adults. Respect is a two way street, and citizens and law enforcement need to show mutual respect to each other.

The OP took the high road and did the right thing and did not provoke the officer further. If he so chooses, he can have his day in court.

Bottomline: Authority figures make mistakes and are wrongq too- be it a teacher, an officer, a parent, a priest. Some have innocent lapses in judgement, and others simply have no regard for the rules and abuse their authority. Questioning them is not wrong or disrespectful. However, one would be wise to excercise discretion as to when and where their mistakes are questioned.

Your observations are reasonable and balanced, but I think the correct final conclusion deserves more focus. You are right to point out that some unfortunate personalities find their way into a variety of professions where they can exercise power or control over others. Therefore, the issue is not how any one group of those professions behaves, but the group of such disordered people who disperse into varied occupations. Simply donning a police uniform doesn't turn a good person into an antisocial one, therefore generalizations about police are inherently flawed. Arrogant, hostile, sarcastic, disrespectful people, of any age, whether they be drivers, officers, teachers, politicians, etc., don't belong anywhere where they interact with other members of society.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
Well said!

Originally Posted by Sportstick
Your observations are reasonable and balanced, but I think the correct final conclusion deserves more focus. You are right to point out that some unfortunate personalities find their way into a variety of professions where they can exercise power or control over others. Therefore, the issue is not how any one group of those professions behaves, but the group of such disordered people who disperse into varied occupations. Simply donning a police uniform doesn't turn a good person into an antisocial one, therefore generalizations about police are inherently flawed. Arrogant, hostile, sarcastic, disrespectful people, of any age, whether they be drivers, officers, teachers, politicians, etc., don't belong anywhere where they interact with other members of society.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 W210 E55
i still wanna see more pics of your ride meng!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz c300
planning on doing a shoot sometime, wainting on my brother but ill get them up as soon as i get them buddy