C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

green rims = speeding ticketss

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz c300
green rims = speeding ticketss

just got my first ticket for speeding yesterday. 256$ god daammm. The worst part is i was not speeding. I was driving northbound and the cop southbound. When he saw me he did a quick U-turn and pulled me over. Said i was doind 55 in a 40. i was not doing 55 i had my digital speedometer on and i was doing 48. After he gave me the ticket it said the posted speed was 40, when its actually 45. i told him and he said if i wanna debate to just take it to court. he was a douchebag. When he puled me over he asked what i work with and said i must get payed good to be driving around in a merceeeedez,
idk if i should take it to court or just sent it to one of these ticket agencies.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
Honestly just pay it , I've got like 12 tickets since I got this car and I learned the easiest thing to do is pay it and forget it . If there are points involved than go to court otherwise the fight is not worth it bro
Old 09-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
1. Respect the police.

2. Pay your fine.

3. Drive smart before you hurt somebody or yourself.

4. btw - radar will work when driving in opposing directions.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
dunno how the court of law is in florida, but id fight it in court, worst thing would be that youd lose and get a point anyways...

another good thing is that you might get your fine reduced.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:18 AM

W204 C350
You're in FL. I would def fight it. I've gotten 3 tix dismissed in the last 6 months from Fort Lauderdale a**hole cops. When they give me a speeding ticket, I just shut my mouth and move on waiting to go to court....

When I do there are a certain amount of things the cop has to bring to court to verify your speeding: 1)Receipt from T-40 laser 2) his ticket book 3) proof that he has reccaliberate his laser gun within the last 6 months. 99% of the time the cop won't have the 3rd requirement because the defendant (us people) never request the documents from the cop. Florida law required cops to reccaliberate their guns every 6 months to keep with accuracy.

After the cop gives his simple little BS speech, I go step by step under what he needs to have with them. I ask for the receipt from the laser (which they usually have), then ask to see if they have their ticket book (got one dismissed because he forgot it) and then I will ask if he had his gun calibrated within the last 6 months and they will usually in a di**head move say yes and then I ask him to provide documents supporting his claim. When he says he does not have the documents on hand, make a motion to the judge to dismiss your case based on the fact that the state witness (cop) has not provided evidence showing his gun was calibrated correctly within the last 6 months.

Judge will look at you, look at the cop, then say dismissed....

I'm in law school and I still have more tricks up my sleeve just in case this doesn't work. I've actually had people pat me on the back when I've left the court room...

Cops are asses.... but if you know the law, you can basically get away with anything.... especially when cops don't even know their own legal obligations...

I got one cop suspended for lying to the court because I found out he was using 2 separate ticket books to issue traffic citations which is illegal. Under law, they are only allowed to pull over citizens within a 'reasonable' time frame... and by some chance, a cute girl I was hitting on in court had a ticket issued by the same a**hole cop only 3 minutes after my citation and the serial numbers were not in order (meaning he used a different record). When he lied to the judge and I called him out on the book, it was like a movie moment... Long story short, I got her ticket and mine dismissed and had a nice date later that evening....

Moral of the stories: Learn your state laws because most of the cops don't know them.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
It will be a tough case, as having an on-coming officer turn around to make a stop almost certainly suggests it was radar-based, so check if radar guns provide the same type of receipt as TanMan refers to for laser. If you can substantiate the speed limit at 45 through evidence of the signage, it may mitigate the penalty. In fact, if you can take a photo or video of the sign and it matches the location of the stop on the ticket (include landmarks!), you can try taking it to the prosecutor's office to see if the charges can be reduced to the proper level.

Keep in mind, with a head-on approach, the office probably did not see those green wheels before deciding to stop you, so he wasn't from the "fashion police"!

Last edited by Sportstick; 09-25-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:40 PM

C204
Speeding = speeding tickets.

But yeah, definitely fight it.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:19 PM

GLK 250
Do not pay for the ticket ... take it to the court and request lower fine ! Or dismiss the ticket!
Old 09-25-2011, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
DO NOT PAY IT!!! your only 18ish your insurgence will sky rocket, and you can only take the driving school so many times to get read of the points so save it for when you really need it, call the ticket clinic, I've had about 8 speeding tickets and they have gotten me out of all of them (even a 95 in a 45) FHP are always d-bags, im assuming there the ones that pulled you. but seriously fight it.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:48 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by TanMan350
You're in FL. I would def fight it. I've gotten 3 tix dismissed in the last 6 months from Fort Lauderdale a**hole cops. When they give me a speeding ticket, I just shut my mouth and move on waiting to go to court....

When I do there are a certain amount of things the cop has to bring to court to verify your speeding: 1)Receipt from T-40 laser 2) his ticket book 3) proof that he has reccaliberate his laser gun within the last 6 months. 99% of the time the cop won't have the 3rd requirement because the defendant (us people) never request the documents from the cop. Florida law required cops to reccaliberate their guns every 6 months to keep with accuracy.

After the cop gives his simple little BS speech, I go step by step under what he needs to have with them. I ask for the receipt from the laser (which they usually have), then ask to see if they have their ticket book (got one dismissed because he forgot it) and then I will ask if he had his gun calibrated within the last 6 months and they will usually in a di**head move say yes and then I ask him to provide documents supporting his claim. When he says he does not have the documents on hand, make a motion to the judge to dismiss your case based on the fact that the state witness (cop) has not provided evidence showing his gun was calibrated correctly within the last 6 months.

I'm in law school and I still have more tricks up my sleeve just in case this doesn't work. I've actually had people pat me on the back when I've left the court room...

Cops are asses.... but if you know the law, you can basically get away with anything.... especially when cops don't even know their own legal obligations...

I got one cop suspended for lying to the court because I found out he was using 2 separate ticket books to issue traffic citations which is illegal. Under law, they are only allowed to pull over citizens within a 'reasonable' time frame... and by some chance, a cute girl I was hitting on in court had a ticket issued by the same a**hole cop only 3 minutes after my citation and the serial numbers were not in order (meaning he used a different record). When he lied to the judge and I called him out on the book, it was like a movie moment... Long story short, I got her ticket and mine dismissed and had a nice date later that evening....

Moral of the stories: Learn your state laws because most of the cops don't know them.
Your so full of crap it is rediculous...I call BS on just about everything you have stated here..good luck in "law school"....
Old 09-25-2011, 03:06 PM

W204 C350
Originally Posted by Scat01
Your so full of crap it is rediculous...I call BS on just about everything you have stated here..good luck in "law school"....
* ridiculous.

you might want to go back to school yourself and learn how to spell before you try and insult someone...

I would expect a response from someone who can't even spell... smh... (oh, and that stands for 'shake my head' if you did'nt know).

Last edited by TanMan350; 09-25-2011 at 03:30 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-25-2011, 03:29 PM

W204 C300 09' (GONE) W205 C63S Edition 1 Estate
i just got pulled over lastnight for doing 90 on a 70.. should i give some agencies a call? how do they work and what do they charge? anyone can help wth a good angency for the LA area? thanks!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
who do you think you are getting off saying stuff like this?

1. Respect the police.

2. Pay your fine.

3. Drive smart before you hurt somebody or yourself.

4. btw - radar will work when driving in opposing directions.
1. never mentioned he was disrespectful, he questioned the officer why the ticket had false info and in his situation who wouldnt?

2. why pay for a wrongly accused violation

3. drive smart? ok sir I guess you've never gone 8mph over the speed limit, dont be a hypocrite.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:56 PM

2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Before you correct other people's spelling, make sure YOUR spell check is on.

It is recalibrate not "reccaliberate". GL and HF to the person who gets you as a lawyer.

Btw op, an easy way out of a speeding ticket w points is to see if you can get the offense changed to unsafe driving - it has a higher fine but zero points. You get three chances w this loophole. After that it is a license suspension.

Fighting a ticket in court, however, is not often worth the time, effort and money.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:11 PM

2010 C300
lmao, why would he make any of that stuff up?
Old 09-25-2011, 06:25 PM

GLK 250

+1 Totally Agree with you. Cause i got 2 ticket last year. I used w/e i learned in my 4 years criminology program to read the fuking highway traffic act and explain my story to the judge. Got 1 of the ticket wave and reduce half fine for the other one, plus ! no points !
Old 09-25-2011, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Black C300
take it to court he might not show up u have a 50/50 chance of getting it dismissed, he was going the opposite direction unless he used his radar he has no way of proving you were going 55, its not like he was behind you that he could had paced you. worst comes worst get traffic school so you wont get a point on ur record
Old 09-25-2011, 08:55 PM

2011 C300 Sport

You are a boss.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 PM

2011 C300 Sport
Are these ticket "agencies" you guys mentioned just law firms or is it something diff?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:13 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by wnunez89
who do you think you are getting off saying stuff like this?

1. never mentioned he was disrespectful, he questioned the officer why the ticket had false info and in his situation who wouldnt?
This is disrespectful in my world: "he was a douchebag. When he puled me over he asked what i work with and said i must get payed good to be driving around in a merceeeedez"

3. drive smart? ok sir I guess you've never gone 8mph over the speed limit, dont be a hypocrite.[/QUOTE]...As far as this goes, he is 17, just giving some sound advice..

Originally Posted by TanMAn350
* ridiculous.

you might want to go back to school yourself and learn how to spell before you try and insult someone...

I would expect a response from someone who can't even spell... smh... (oh, and that stands for 'shake my head' if you did'nt know).
This is a forum, not a term paper...btw, look above...you wrote " I would expect a response from someone who can't even spell" - which makes no sense...and using "did'nt" is also showing your law school tuition is being flushed...if I cared about spelling or grammar in a forum that is...back to the post, I like the part about you cleverly nailing the cop for using two books and then getting the girl in the end...
Old 09-25-2011, 09:20 PM

2012 Mercedes c250
F tha Police! lmao
Old 09-25-2011, 10:13 PM

W204 C350
Originally Posted by waiszeto
+1 Totally Agree with you. Cause i got 2 ticket last year. I used w/e i learned in my 4 years criminology program to read the fuking highway traffic act and explain my story to the judge. Got 1 of the ticket wave and reduce half fine for the other one, plus ! no points !
At least someone on here has a similar background who can relate... just hate when people who are jealous of other people's success and try to insult them...

Originally Posted by YoungGuru
lmao, why would he make any of that stuff up?
exactly....

This is a forum, not a term paper...btw, look above...you wrote " I would expect a response from someone who can't even spell" - which makes no sense...and using "did'nt" is also showing your law school tuition is being flushed...if I cared about spelling or grammar in a forum that is...back to the post, I like the part about you cleverly nailing the cop for using two books and then getting the girl in the end...
true in fact. but I am glad my TRUE story brings some sort of amusement to your life. Just don't bash people on here just because you think what they are saying is false. Find evidence to support your claim and then come back and talk to me... Otherwise GL.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:39 AM

c350
In California cops are strapped by the state for cash (my uncle is CHP, I get all the info). They will bust you for any and all violations these days, but I recommend fighting the ticket, even pleading guilty in court lowers the cost a lot. I've had a 600$ ticket lowered to 250$ by admitting guilt and taking responsibility. Or if you have a good case against it then you can fight it.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:14 AM

2010 C300
sorry you got a ticket, but 48 is still speeding in either a 45 or 40 speed zone. i'm not saying you deserved the ticket or that the cop was right. maybe he was just having a bad day or really just an a-hole or you were just at the wrong place at the wrong time, but that's the chance/risk we all take when we go out. again sorry about your ticket. it sucks getting a ticket.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:23 PM

mercedes benz c300
i was 3 miles over the speed limit, seriously pull some one over for that. and honestly i dont mind paying the ticket if he had had actusally caught me speeding. Im more pissed about the way he talked to me, and that he wrote the ticket wrong even when i told him it was wrong, annnd i deffinetly do not want to get any points onmy liscence, deffinetly my biggest problem

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: green rims = speeding ticketss