C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Bad steering lock and ignition module $1900!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550
An update to mine... turned out not to be the steering lock after all... that was just a symptom of the underlying problem, which turned out to be the starter motor.

Starter motors are a somewhat known problem with the 2010-2012 timeframe E550 series, so it isn't that surprising, and there haven't really been any reports of the EIS or ESL failing in W212 models...
Old 04-18-2015, 05:03 AM

C220CDI 2009
Steering wheel buttons peeling

My W204 C220CDI 2009 steering buttons peeling not a great look these are suppose to be quality built cars. The is only about 5 years old, I rang MB customer service only to be told and I quote

(We understand Mercedes-Benz have reviewed the concern and confirmed that the button peeling may be caused by an outside influence and as such we are unable to accede to your request to cover it under warranty)

I never ask to be covered under warranty, I was pointing out it's a manufacture defect and should be fixed at no cost, the quote to have it fixed originally $1050.98 and because I complained they have reconsidered now $678.49

So I sourced the parts my self I can get them landed here from the (US) to (Australia) for $250.00

Last edited by silkynitro; 04-18-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
Silky,

Sorry to see the problem.

Is it possible to use a fine sandpaper then a good quality black gloss covered with a clearcoat. rather that the $250.

Scotsman John.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:39 AM

C220CDI 2009
Originally Posted by Carsy
Silky,

Sorry to see the problem.

Is it possible to use a fine sandpaper then a good quality black gloss covered with a clearcoat. rather that the $250.

Scotsman John.
Hi Carsy haven't been on here for a while, I'm not going to bother, the wife won't let me spend any more money on it. This bloody car has almost cost me my wife, she hates it, she been in my ear to trade it in for the last 18 months on a brand new Hyundai. I love this car however, it looks like I'll never be able to own another Mercedes as long as she's a live so, with that in mind, I'll have to keep this one as long as I can.

I'm going see what my option are on Monday, and if possible I'm going to fight this, these are sold & presented as being quality built cars and they should stand by their product. They are virtually accusing me of causing the damage, if this is so, why aren't the rest peeling.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:50 PM

2009 Mercedes 300C
Originally Posted by dubzino
Yes I am interested to know this also. Has anyone had this issue with their 2009?
Yes I had the same problem diagnosed for my 2009 300C.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:30 PM

2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
Originally Posted by silkynitro
My W204 C220CDI 2009 steering buttons peeling not a great look these are suppose to be quality built cars. The is only about 5 years old, I rang MB customer service only to be told and I quote

(We understand Mercedes-Benz have reviewed the concern and confirmed that the button peeling may be caused by an outside influence and as such we are unable to accede to your request to cover it under warranty)

I never ask to be covered under warranty, I was pointing out it's a manufacture defect and should be fixed at no cost, the quote to have it fixed originally $1050.98 and because I complained they have reconsidered now $678.49

So I sourced the parts my self I can get them landed here from the (US) to (Australia) for $250.00

The chipping is fairly common (I've seen it in several C300s). Could be caused by fingernails or lotions. There's a thread on the subject in this forum and if I recall, someone suggested a particular black matte paint used in toys with the paint number and all. Doesn't restore the logos of course. I agree it's glaring defect.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:16 PM

C220CDI 2009
Originally Posted by codeblue5007
The chipping is fairly common (I've seen it in several C300s). Could be caused by fingernails or lotions. There's a thread on the subject in this forum and if I recall, someone suggested a particular black matte paint used in toys with the paint number and all. Doesn't restore the logos of course. I agree it's glaring defect.
I wouldn't call it chipping, mine is peeling as you can see the raised edge,

Last edited by silkynitro; 04-18-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:38 PM

C300
2010 C300 EIS replacement over $1,400.00!!!

My EIS has been wonky I guess as long as I've had the car (I got it with 66,000 miles on it). Every once in awhile I'd turn the key and the car wouldn't make a sound, though all the other electronics worked (windows, radio, locks, lights). Then I'd turn the key back all the way, then turn it to start the car again and it would work. I didn't think much about it until it stranded me (in town, luckily, although I'd just been on the road and had a flat in the middle of nowhere the day before) and it had to be towed to the nearest dealership (I NEVER go to the dealer, they're all crooks). They called me the next day and said it was going to be $1,408.00 to fix it. So I had a perfectly functioning car, but because MB has needlessly complicated the ignition system, I get stranded and basically extorted out of over $1,400. That's not right, and we need to show MB we're not going to take this abuse anymore. Anyone up for a class action suit? Not for monetary gain, but to force them to redesign this system so we're not stranded again?
Old 07-09-2015, 04:58 PM

2008 C300 luxury sport 4matic, C280 2000 sport
if you have a C300 2008 series with EIS issues please fill out a complaint with the NSHTA so those of us not under warranty will get refunded for the $1000 faulty part replacement cost. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml
if they don't get complaints they won't recall it. 2008, only 35K C300 Luxury Sport and it went out. Out of warranty. I only have had it for 9 months...this is BS from MB as it obviously is a design/quality issue.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by Physicsmike
if you have a C300 2008 series with EIS issues please fill out a complaint with the NSHTA so those of us not under warranty will get refunded for the $1000 faulty part replacement cost. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml
if they don't get complaints they won't recall it. 2008, only 35K C300 Luxury Sport and it went out. Out of warranty. I only have had it for 9 months...this is BS from MB as it obviously is a design/quality issue.
I am not sure I understand exactly. I agree the problem sounds very frustrating from what I read on the forums the few times I have seen it come up, but I am not sure why this is looked at unlike anything else that fails on the car.

The car comes with a warranty out of the factory that covers it for some time for anything that can go wrong with extremely few exceptions (like "consumables" aka Brakes, Wipers, etc.) and can be covered by an Extended Warranty for some time too. If you have the car under the base or extended warranties (including CPO) my understanding is this issue is covered. If the car is out of warranty then it is... well out of warranty.

Why would you expect MB to pay for or fix for free anything outside of warranty?

Especially when you didn't even use their dealer network at all so they didn't get a cut on the deal somewhere... Assuming you purchased it from a third party dealer since you mentioned having it 9 months without any warranty (such as CPO).

Repairs on Germain cars are expensive. This has been well known for eons. Some argue that is why you get steep valuation drops post warranty on them and that may be the case. But if you don't like the idea of throwing thousands at problems on a German car then make sure you buy it with a reliable and good warranty on it... If none is an option then budget for the repairs.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:25 PM

2008 C300 luxury sport 4matic, C280 2000 sport
Because it is a defect in manufacturing in my opinion. I have no problem replacing mechanical parts, springs, shocks, even air compressors (I have on my C280, 2000). This part is electronic and failing with too many people, there's a problem with this. My "shop" is owned/run by a former student of mine and I trust him explicitly. Has been my mechanic for over 10 yrs. they recalled my tail lights because they were faulty, so why not step on another problem? Probably because it's so expensive is my guess. It only has 35k and prior to my purchase was garaged.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:33 PM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
Neither EIS nor ESL carry any safety concerns with their failure. Accordingly, expecting a recall simply means you're setting your hopes up for something that isn't likely to happen!

Quoting NHTSA's "Motor Vehicle Safety Defects and Recalls Campaigns"

When is a recall necessary?
When a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment (including tires) does not comply with a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard.
When there is a safety-related defect in the vehicle or equipment.
And...

What Is a Safety-Related Defect?
The United States Code for Motor Vehicle Safety (Title 49, Chapter 301) defines motor vehicle safety as “the performance of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment in a way that protects the public against unreasonable risk of accidents occurring because of the design, construction, or performance of a motor vehicle, and against unreasonable risk of death or injury in an accident, and includes nonoperational safety of a motor vehicle .” A defect includes “any defect in performance, construction, a component, or material of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment .” Generally, a safety defect is defined as a problem that exists in a motor vehicle or item of motor vehicle equipment that:
➧ poses a risk to motor vehicle safety, and
➧ may exist in a group of vehicles of the same design or manufacture, or items of equipment of the same type and manufacture .
But please, if you feel it is important that you document your case with the NHTSA, whether or not it is safety related or not, you certainly are within your rights to do so...
Old 07-09-2015, 07:40 PM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
Because it is a defect in manufacturing in my opinion.
A "defect in manufacturing" is covered under a manufacturer's defects warranty. Since you've stated that your car only has 35k (miles or kilometers) it should have been covered.... Then again, you opted to take it to your "shop" as opposed to the entity that might be responsible for covering such a defect (that being the dealer/authorized service center)).

Lastly, the tail lights were recalled due to the fact that having no working taillights creates a safety hazard... And not simply because it was a "defect"...
Old 07-09-2015, 07:43 PM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by LogicalApex
I am not sure I understand exactly. I agree the problem sounds very frustrating from what I read on the forums the few times I have seen it come up, but I am not sure why this is looked at unlike anything else that fails on the car.

The car comes with a warranty out of the factory that covers it for some time for anything that can go wrong with extremely few exceptions (like "consumables" aka Brakes, Wipers, etc.) and can be covered by an Extended Warranty for some time too. If you have the car under the base or extended warranties (including CPO) my understanding is this issue is covered. If the car is out of warranty then it is... well out of warranty.

Why would you expect MB to pay for or fix for free anything outside of warranty?

Especially when you didn't even use their dealer network at all so they didn't get a cut on the deal somewhere... Assuming you purchased it from a third party dealer since you mentioned having it 9 months without any warranty (such as CPO).

Repairs on Germain cars are expensive. This has been well known for eons. Some argue that is why you get steep valuation drops post warranty on them and that may be the case. But if you don't like the idea of throwing thousands at problems on a German car then make sure you buy it with a reliable and good warranty on it... If none is an option then budget for the repairs.
I agree with each and every point... I also attempted to explain this several posts back in another long thread related to this issue... And in return, I was called a troll by some ignorant doofus who continues to mislead members into believing they have some sort of legitimate claim.

Last edited by IGB; 07-09-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:08 AM

c350
please advise if the case manager resolved Steering Lock issue? How to contact MBZ?

Originally Posted by rhsells
I own a 2008 C300 which has 51000 miles on it and two weeks ago, I had driven to an appointment, parked, and came back to the car 20 minutes later only to find out the car would not start. The key functioned, lights and power came on, but absolutely nothing happened when turning the key. AAA came and did try to jump it but determined it was not a battery issue. I had it towed into MB Beverly Hills... and service diagnosed it with a defective steering lock. I have since googled this issue and found that it is extremely common with this model and I am dissappointed that Mercedes has not stepped up and addressed it with a recall. $700 later, my car is now running. This is just UNACCEPTABLE and not what I would expect from Mercedes. Anyone have success in getting reimbursed for their repairs. Let me know.
Please advise how to contact MBZ. What Department & what is the phone #?
Thanks
Old 09-13-2015, 01:08 AM

c350
pls help. thanks
Old 09-18-2015, 09:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C300 4 Matic sport
I will have my Lawyer! Deal with you! Baaaaaaahaaaa!

Originally Posted by dodgern
I have had the exact same issues with my 2008 C300W Sport suddenly not starting. Car was towed to MB Mechanic. I had to replace the Electronic Steering Lock and the order the Orange Key, parts was about $1300 here in the Bahamas. I wrote to MB of Latin America about this issue because it is a common issue that Mercedes Benz knows about but is doing nothing to recall/rectify it free to customers. Told them I will have my lawyer deal with them and put this on the news if they don't reimburse me and correct the issue on these cars. Just no way this should be happening on a car with 43,000 miles...its a quality issue and MB needs to fix it!!!
Guess you told them?!!!! Huh?,,,,,,,, well since you mentioned your "Lawyer" gonna straighten youes guys out! Or else! I, goin to the news!!!!!! How's that been workin out for ya?
Old 10-13-2015, 12:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C300
For those saying that the ESL or EIS failure isn't going to be or should be a recall because it is not a safety issue explain to me how Lexus/Toyota just issued a recall to replace over 2 million cracking dashboards? how is a cracked dashboard a safety issue?
Old 10-13-2015, 04:04 PM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by Dutchboytx
For those saying that the ESL or EIS failure isn't going to be or should be a recall because it is not a safety issue explain to me how Lexus/Toyota just issued a recall to replace over 2 million cracking dashboards? how is a cracked dashboard a safety issue?
1) Kindly post a link to an official disclosure/press release/announcement by Toyota or Lexus formally referring to this issue as a "recall"...

Alternatively, post a link to any official announcement by the NHTSA describing it as a "recall", or as some sort of action that the agency negotiated, issued, ordered, is enforcing or that it is something that was made by way of an investigation into it being a safety hazard, or that it had anything to do with the decision to offer, issue or conduct it

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------

2) To further demonstrate the difference between a recall, (more so an official "safety recall") and what Toyota is doing, I will quote one (random) article:

Calling it a "Customer Support Program" - ZE6 - Toyota will extend dashboard warranty coverage on the following Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
Here is more.....

Calling it both a "warranty enhancement" and "warranty extension," the automaker says it will be rolled out in two phases.

Toyota says the melting dashboard extended warranty will have two types of coverage.

Primary coverage will provide warranty extensions for all affected Toyota owners until May 31, 2017. Under primary coverage, it doesn't matter how many miles are on the vehicle or when the vehicle was first used.

Toyota says secondary coverage will work as a supplement to the primary coverage for some owners by providing an extended warranty for 10 years from the date the vehicle was first used. As with the primary coverage, the mileage of the vehicle isn't taken into consideration.

Toyota is offering the extended warranty on the dashboards only if they were damaged by heat and humidity, and you can bet dealers will verify the dashboards weren't damaged by other methods or means.
Toyota (AND Lexus), and due to having much more than their share of negative news lately (and much of it has been due to safety related issues with their cars), are struggling as far as reputation and consumer satisfaction are concerned, and this is part of the cost of being underhanded, deceptive and after having screwed consumers for years.

In comparison, and aside from the random dissatisfied owner who through some unrealistic and unreasonable expectation feels vehicle repairs should be covered for the life of the vehicle, Mercedes Benz has not had as many issues. And if MB decides to decline extending any warranty on any parts that may randomly fail, at a point in time AFTER its manufacturer warranty happens to have expired, then that is certainly withing its rights to do so!

------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Set all of the above aside... In properly qualifying a "recall" as having a requirement that it must be related to safety matter (or lack thereof), explain to us how is it that the ESL/EIS failure issue presents a safety hazard to owner/driver/occupant or vehicle for that matter.

------------------------------------------------

4) Still not satisfied? Keep complaining to the NHTSA and when you can get them to issue a "safety recall" on ESL/EIS or get them to force MB to do the same, please come back and let us know and we can discuss it at that time.

Last edited by IGB; 10-13-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:34 PM

2011 C300
Yes I have read that article as well..."Warranty Extension"...."Customer Satisfaction"...whatever you want to call it, Toyota acknowledged a fault in their design and decided to correct it. And why did Toyota decide to extend their warranty? Because thousands of people filed complaints and filed lawsuits, so filling complaints apparently does work. I own a Lexus vehicle as well, which I took in to get an estimate on getting the dash replaced before they issued their "Warranty Extension" I was quoted at $2700 to replace the dash. One year later (today) I am set up to have my dash replaced next week free of charge. Meanwhile my Mercedes is at the dealership literally next to the Lexus dealership in their shop with an equally well known issue (locked steering column) being repaired for $1600. All I'm saying is that it would be nice if Mercedes would acknowledge a faulty design and extend their warranty to cover this one particular problem. Cars break down over time, ac compressor, alternator, power steering pump...i understand that at some point they break down and have to get replaced. ...but a locked steering column?? Don't get me wrong I love my Mercedes, it's an amazing car and drives great, but now every time I park it I have to worry whether or not my steering column will decide to unlock, especially on trips out of town.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:30 AM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
... it would be nice if Mercedes would acknowledge a faulty design and extend their warranty to cover this one particular problem.
Why only "this particular problem"? Because it happens to be the problem that you experienced last? What if it was a thermostat that isn't performing to spec, or a belt that broke apart and tore up several pulley and other nearby components? Or a set of spark plugs that reached their end of service? Or is it because of the high cost to replace these parts? In such case, what if it happens to be a transmission? Or an intake? or a catalytic converter? If you expect them to cover EIS/ESL, then you will also expect them to cover any other part that breaks down, no matter what it is or how long it has been since the warranty expired!

The manufacturer is as clear about the start date of its product warranty, as they are clear about the end date of their product warranty. To expect them to extend it for this, that or the other whenever you have some sort of breakdown, not only sets up a standard where now everyone expects free reairs for everything, but by doing so, t ask for smehting you are not likely to receive, is simply to knowingly set yourself up to be disappointed!

Yes, it would also be nice if they offered an extended warranty for each and every other part that might fail during the life of the vehicle. But since they are not required to, they are opting not to. Furthermore, an extended warranty sales are some of the highest markup products a car dealer sells and naturally, the generate revenue that dealers (and presumably, Mercedes Benz) profit greatly from. So if you were a business owner, and knowing you could charge for something, you aren't likely to offer it for free.

And finally on this point, and while you will continue to claim that this is a "faulty design", fact is, and just like any other component on Mercedes Benz cars (or any other car make for that matter) just because a part is susceptible to fail at some point in time, does not mean its a faulty design.

...now every time I park it I have to worry whether or not my steering column will decide to unlock, especially on trips out of town.
You don't “have” to worry….. You are making yourself (or pretending to) worry. That is not MB's issue!

If you are truly concerned about other mechanical breakdown of any type, you should look into buying an extended warranty. There is a slim chance that MB will sell you one, if they do, they will likely require that you submit to a vehicle inspection. Alternatively, you have third party warranties you can buy but most of those are not what they are cracked up to be. Lastly, if all else fails, you can sell your MB (and since you appear to be so impressed with Lexus) buy another Lexus!

And lastly, let me close with this: just like I told another member who was adamant about expressing his dismay with having to repair ESL/EIS and as part of his wild imagination that his bad comments will eventually back MB into a corner where it has no option but to submit to his unreasonable demands, he used this forum as his stomping grounds to bad mouth MB and the entire W204 line up... Similarly, and as you attempt to try and recover the cost of repairs that only you are responsible for (certainly not MB), you are placing too much effort in trying to exaggerate this issue suggesting that this problem occurs much more frequently than it actually does. What you are not realizing is that by you doing so, you are directly impacting the resale value of not only your own car, but that of every W204 out there, if at any time you do try and sell it, it is bound to hurt your pocket book even more than you simply accepting the fact that cars break down and car owners pay for the repairs!
Old 10-14-2015, 12:18 PM

2011 C300
First off to clear things up I would never bash MB or the W204, as I stated before I love the car, and it is one of the best vehicles I have owned. And I would gladly purchase another MB vehicle, every make, brand and model has their equal share of issues, with the W204 it happens to be the bad ESL/EIS. And I would never expect any dealership to cover belts, thermostats or any other parts outside of warranty, MB is a business, and a business is in it to make money, if they paid for everyone's repairs they might as well close their doors because they wouldn't make any profit.
The only reason I believe it would be nice for MB to cover this one particular issue is because this is a well known issue, I understand that you will come back to say that if they cover this one issue why shouldn't they just go ahead and cover every single repair needed after warranty.
If you would like to visit safecar.gov powered by the NHTSA, there you can search complaints on every specific vehicle you can think of. Lets start with 2008 C300, 230 complaints filed, page 1, 3 out of 5 complaints ESL/EIS, page 2, 4 out of 5 complaints ESL/EIS......every single page, 2009 C300 186 complaints filed, you guessed it every page ESL/EIS, 2010 C300 74 complaints filed, it goes on and on and I haven't even looked at the C350s. This is why I believe it is Faulty Design, no body is complaining about belts, thermostats, cat converters. When I towed my car into the dealership guess what the service advisor said "o bad ESL\EIS uh?"
I'm not sure if you have experienced this problem yet but this completely disables the car, there aren't many things that can go wrong where your car needs to be dragged onto a flatbed tow truck. In my case my wife and 1 year old where stranded at a park when Temps where topping 100 degrees waiting 2 hours for the tow truck driver to show up. It might not necessarily be a safety issue as far as being in the car but who knows where you might be stranded at.
Once again in no way am I saying that MB vehicles are bad or the W204 is a bad car. I know and we all know that owning German luxury cars comes with a price tag, especially when it comes to service, that is expected. If I didn't want to pay up for the upkeep I would've purchase a civic or sentra. Also I know this debate much like any other debate will go on till the end of time, everyone has the right to their own opinion, and rarely will you change the opinion of another to yours, that's life =)
Old 11-04-2015, 09:09 AM

2009 Mercedes Benz C300
I just had this issue on my 2009 C300 couple of days ago. The car is at the MB service center now. They confirmed it's the electronic steering lock and quoted me ~$1,300 for the part and labor! How do we know how widespread this issue is? How do we get MB to issue a recall? I'm afraid since it's an older model they might not bother...
Old 11-04-2015, 11:34 AM
IGB

'08 C300 MM Pano
The only reason I believe it would be nice for MB to cover this one particular issue is because this is a well known issue
It would be nice does not obligate them to do anything...

As for it being a "well known issue"... It isn't! Most people who have reported this issue came here not because it is a well known issue, and not because they frequent this forum, but simply because Google (for one) provides a pretty efficient search engine. Scroll through the several threads about the topic and look at post counts for the majority of posters. And you will see hat these problems get exaggerated on online forums, simply by virtue of the fact that people need a place to vent. So they com here post once or twice, only to never hear from them gain.

But lets look at how well known this issue is...

Lets start with 2008 C300, 230 complaints filed, page 1, 3 out of 5 complaints ESL/EIS, page 2, 4 out of 5 complaints ESL/EIS......every single page,
The 230 complaints for the 2008 C300 aren't all EIS/ESL. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page you can see that currently, there are 235 complaints under 2008 C300. In fact, mot of those are "tail light" related complaints.

But here is a better more accurate representation of what these complaints are about...

So at best, you have possibly a third of that 235 total complaints that maybe related to EIS/ESL... So while you might try to over exaggerate the issue, the end result is that your argument loses much of any credibility it might have.

But let me play along for a while... I'll pretend I am clueless and that I am sold on your 235 complaints being all EIS/ESL related.... Lets also add the 2008 C350, and by that I mean ALL complaints for that model... Which amount to 63 complaints.

So... 235 + 63 = 298 2008 C-Class vehicles reporting problems.

According to this website, Mercedes Benz sold 206,381 2008 C-Class Vehicles

And so 298 divided by 206,381 = 0.00144

That is less than 2 tenths of one percent... And you're trying to make it into a major "well known problem"?

It isn't!

Realistically speaking, and after weeding out all the other components, you might end up with 0.0005.

So you see, its not as big a problem as you'd like to make it!

if they paid for everyone's repairs they might as well close their doors because they wouldn't make any profit.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

In my case my wife and 1 year old where stranded at a park when Temps where topping 100 degrees waiting 2 hours for the tow truck driver to show up. It might not necessarily be a safety issue as far as being in the car but who knows where you might be stranded at.
While I sympathize with such a situation, I don't see how the park got any more unsafe because the car did not start. Conversely, an unsafe area remains to be unsafe whether you are just driving through it or parked and stranded. But in neither case, the equipment failure did not cause the unsafe situation, the surroundings did. And while Mercedes Benz would be obligated to replace a part that may cause injury or death by way of its failing, it isn't going to accept liability because criminals are out to commit crimes!

Also I know this debate much like any other debate will go on till the end of time, everyone has the right to their own opinion, and rarely will you change the opinion of another to yours, that's life =)
In spite of the long replies I have offered here, there really isn't much to debate. You have not offered one legitimate point so far. Only that it would be nice if Mercedes Benz were to cover this but "nice" should be their choice. And thus far they have chosen not to. Its a frustrating matter, I understand.... But that, by no means or description, would make it worthy of Mercedes Benz to consider... Like you said, they're a business, in business to make money. Not give it away! And whether its cars, washing machines, printers, bicycles or hair dryers... There is a certain failure rate that must be deemed acceptable. If it gets too high, then yes, you would have a valid argument... But at 0.05%... You're not going to get even close!

And lastly, whether you change your opinion or not, to continue to expect some sort of compensation from Mercedes is to continue to get disappointed. This is not the first issue that some have claimed was a "known problem" and a "widespread problem", and it won't likely be the last. So carry on, I guess....
Old 11-08-2015, 03:37 PM

2011 C300
OK everyone......Lets to IGB... A.K.A Mr. I'm right and you're all wrong and I'll go to the end of the world and back to prove you wrong.
BTW I got my ESL replaced FREE of charge outside of warranty because it's a well known issue!
The following users liked this post:
PTSDBob (04-14-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bad steering lock and ignition module $1900!!!