C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

335 K.O. win c350 lol

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c350
That indeed would be awesome , should have mentioned this before but the 335 I raced was an automatic I guess I put the wrong letter behind the number ? For whatever reason my car is much faster than any other 350's I've seen probably due to the daily beat down it gets lol . It may be hard to believe but this did happen it's not in my nature to lie especially as something so I significant as a race and to mane a thread on no less . I regret even making this thread as I can see the makings of keyboard war lol . http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...011-bmw-335is/

This artila states the auto trans at 5.5 seconds 0-60 , my point being there are plenty of different times out there not just this magical 4.9 number . 5.5 and 5.8 really aren't that far off when your just mashing the gas pedal . BMW makes great cars and 335 is one of them that being said it's not a race car . The 335 and 350 are pitted against each other so it makes sence that a modded 350 could ( and did ) best a 335 . If any one wants to test the legitimacy of my claims and has a stock 335i on long island I will be more than happy to race . Again sorry for bad spelling using my phone lol .
Old 11-01-2011, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
dont worry about it hitokiri89, I believe you, I dont see why anyone would just fabricate a story like this for no reason. I think the people on here are just saying that it was an unlikely win, I dont think anyone is calling you a liar though, so dont worry about it. lol. but I will agree people do get really "wild" on this forum and i myself do regret making a few thread on here as well lol.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
Lol I just feel that being a keyboard warrior is useless and I don't understand why forums get do childish especially when most of the keyboard warriors are well into their age lol . W/e not like it seriously just find it obtuse and ridiculous .
Old 11-01-2011, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Yeah, I don't see why everyone is so skeptical... I do agree that my c300 is way faster than the 2011 c300 which is driven by a light-foot and I constantly beat on my car. I think that has a lot to do with it.

Also, as far as the car goes, it makes a pretty big difference if it was a 2011 335i or 335is. Both can be auto, the 335is is marginally faster though... I doubt it was a 335is, that car would simply be too fast for a c350 (Pre 2012) to overtake. But I don't see why everyone is saying its so impossible for you to overtake it, especially if its modded.

Also, I imagine not many of you have driven a 335i. Those 5.5 second numbers were achieved by professional drivers. I have had some time behind the wheel of one, and they aren't the easiest to launch. Too much throttle and your spinning the tires wildly in 1st. Too little and your no where near that 5.5 second mark. With the c350 its relatively easy, we have great traction, simply mash the pedal and go.

So I think that all of these above can easily explain how this occurred.

Heck, I was debating making a thread about how I took a Genesis coupe 2.0T that was modded (ECU tune, headers, exhaust) in my c300 4matic. Those cars stock do 0-60 in 6.8 (rated) and it was an auto, he said he gets near the 6.4 second mark with his mods. And I have gotten 6.2 seconds 0-60 in my cr, which would also explain my win.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by lickem66
No prob. Go on believing that.. I'm one of the rare people that love both of these German marques. I am able to understand the differences between the two. My MB is no BMW for sure. Not nearly the driver' car but it is more comfortable. That's about it. I love my ZHP for one reason (driving, feedback, road feel, etc.) and my MB for another (comfort) but the two can never be compared when talking about actual driving the back roads or on a track. I've driven my C350 for almost 3 years and have driven 335i's extensively and in no way will an unmodded C350 will drop a 335i.
I am in the same rare group, my previous 3 cars were 3 series BMW's ('94 325is, '97 M3, '04 330ci all 2 door coupes (there was a CTS purchase in the middle of all that for some reason) and also found this post difficult to believe, but hate calling guys out on this forum, especially without knowing all the details - I believe hito beat the 335 - he has no reason to BS about it...for whatever reason.

That said - on any given day the 335 should beat the C350 with the mods listed, 9 out of 10 times (give the C one for poor reaction time or something)

Different point though - why are you so adamant about referring to your 330 as a ZHP? It was just an optional package, not a model...Albeit, one hell of a package at around $4 grand if I remember correctly but mostly included trim stuff like body moldings, nice wheels, interior moldings and materials and steering wheel - performance wise it was only good for about 10 Hp and some stiffer suspension correct?

And quick question for JC - what have you done to your 300 to get it to 6.2 secs from 0-60? Thats harder to believe to me, not calling you out either, just curious?

Last edited by Scat01; 11-01-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
@Scat01: More than just an optional package (is the M3 an optional package?), it was a complete rework of the 3 suspension, using mostly M parts, M interior, M wheels, and a special head with high-lift camshaft that gave an extra 300 RPM to the redline. Even got the distinction of M-badging from the factory. More HP, more torque and the response is truly amazing with the tuned ECU. So close to an M3 without all the weight in the front, it is nimble yet aggressive to drive.

And I am not a huge 3 fan. But the ZHP is as excellent a 3.0L bimmer as you will find. so forget any comparison with the 330i, there are some of each in our family. Plus a V12 BMW which is another thing. Plus the Mercs of course and half a dozen others.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:23 PM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
@Scat01: More than just an optional package (is the M3 an optional package?), it was a complete rework of the 3 suspension, using mostly M parts, M interior, M wheels, and a special head with high-lift camshaft that gave an extra 300 RPM to the redline. Even got the distinction of M-badging from the factory. More HP, more torque and the response is truly amazing with the tuned ECU. So close to an M3 without all the weight in the front, it is nimble yet aggressive to drive.

And I am not a huge 3 fan. But the ZHP is as excellent a 3.0L bimmer as you will find. so forget any comparison with the 330i, there are some of each in our family. Plus a V12 BMW which is another thing. Plus the Mercs of course and half a dozen others.

Sorry, but the M3 is in a completely seperate model line for BMW - "ZHP" is an option package added to the 330 (as stated above - one hell of an option package) I am in no way knocking the package - there was a red sedan at my dealership when I picked up my car and it was georgeous - just thought referring to the car by a package code was odd, thats all...I had the sports and premium package on mine, but did not call it a ZSP or ZPP when talking about it - no big deal, again, I wish I had a 330 with the ZHP package in my garage right now....

Not sure where you got the info on the head and cam, but I recall just a more aggressive tune - no other motor changes - I built my 2004 on line and remember it well - could be wrong I guess, no time to look it up right now...and no where close to the M3 - In fact about 100 HP away from the E46 M3 so not so sure on your view here Bill???
Old 11-01-2011, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
Here is a source mentioning the camsaft change:

The E46 330i Performance Package (Option Code: "ZHP") was created exclusively for the U.S. market for enthusiasts by enthusiasts at BMW Individual, a division of BMW M GmbH. There was no aspect of the driving experience that had not been enhanced by the Performance Package. Modifications to the 3.0-liter in-line six-cylinder engine, which included different camshafts and performance-modified Digital Motor Electronics, yielded a 10 horsepower increase to 235. For the first time in a 330i a six-speed manual transmission came standard. With the Performance Package it included a short-throw shifter. The package also included a shorter final drive ratio.

Car&Driver tested a ZHP not-broken-in at 5.6 sec. 0 to 60. Broken in, with low friction oil and decent fuel, times in the low 5's.

Of course the E46 M3 was a truly amazing piece of work. But for just driving around town or up the Pacific coast, the ZHP is a fine ride. The performance of the C300 pales by comparison in its driving experience.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:36 PM

Mercedes Benz
As much as this makes me smile to see a 335fanboy lose... I find it very hard to believe you beat him with such simple mods...the w204 exhaust stock is already free-flowing and replacing of the resonator and axle-back simply would yield a total of together of 5-6 hp at best! It is highly unlikely that your making 30hp plus from an ecu. I would give it a conservative 15-18 at best... the tuners like to spice it up a bit to jump in your pocket. I've had clients bash kleemann for false numbers... and I'm not talking about the 5-10 hp off, I'm talking 70 off... :O talk about what your paying for?! The 7G slushbox is basically a nice trans if you want a "comfort ride"... the previous 5speed was much better as the trans is not constantly shifting to save fuel... and believe me as easy as it sounds, it is far more difficult than to slap on a remote turbo... have you though about the internal since this engine is at such a high compression? What about u-joints because I highly doubt a regular c350 can handle upwards of 400hp... let alone for that trans to handle that kind of power...
Old 11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
Lol no where starting the midifcations for the turbo I'm talking at least a year before I start . Everyone can believe what they want maybe it was a fluke and the next 335 will beat me . To that people actual think I went out if my way to create a thread only to lie about a win to a bunch of strangers I'll never meet is ridiculous . Forums can be so dumb I swear . Instead of " nice win " people just want to belittle you on forums . A little fun here and there is fine but when it adds up to a whole extra page it's gone too far IMO . Where talking about a 300 hp bimmer not a supperlegera here ( may have spelled that wrong ? ) so it's perfectly possible that a modded 350 with probably around the same hp could ( and did for the last damn time ) beat this legendary behemoth of a car .... sarcasm btw . I'm actually annoyed by this forum and you people need to get lives and as a rule of thumb if your opinion is negative ( essentially calling some one a liar ) you should keep it to yourself . This is not targeted to anyone in particular just my general frustration caused by people stating claims and facts about s race they were not there to witness . How can one know something they have nit learned or seen ? Conjecture is fruitless and mindless and the most embarrassing part about this us that everyone here is an adult who should be past childish drama . It's a shame new members are probably reading this thread with s bad taste in their mouth and re thinking posting on this forum .
Old 11-01-2011, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
Sry for spelling using iPhone
Old 11-01-2011, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
Originally Posted by jctevere
Yeah, I don't see why everyone is so skeptical... I do agree that my c300 is way faster than the 2011 c300 which is driven by a light-foot and I constantly beat on my car. I think that has a lot to do with it.

Also, as far as the car goes, it makes a pretty big difference if it was a 2011 335i or 335is. Both can be auto, the 335is is marginally faster though... I doubt it was a 335is, that car would simply be too fast for a c350 (Pre 2012) to overtake. But I don't see why everyone is saying its so impossible for you to overtake it, especially if its modded.

Also, I imagine not many of you have driven a 335i. Those 5.5 second numbers were achieved by professional drivers. I have had some time behind the wheel of one, and they aren't the easiest to launch. Too much throttle and your spinning the tires wildly in 1st. Too little and your no where near that 5.5 second mark. With the c350 its relatively easy, we have great traction, simply mash the pedal and go.

So I think that all of these above can easily explain how this occurred.

Heck, I was debating making a thread about how I took a Genesis coupe 2.0T that was modded (ECU tune, headers, exhaust) in my c300 4matic. Those cars stock do 0-60 in 6.8 (rated) and it was an auto, he said he gets near the 6.4 second mark with his mods. And I have gotten 6.2 seconds 0-60 in my cr, which would also explain my win.
I have a 2.0t genesis coupe r-spec 6speed(its not modded yet) but my c350 is quicker than it, for now. also turbo cars dont use headers, they use a turbo manifold, just fyi
Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c350
None of that was directed to you Nunez btw .
Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 AM

Titleist
Could it have been a 328?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
^ Scat01 and Acapulco Bill know of what they post. Any properly driven 335i ought spank a C350.
Fact is I’ve surprised a few with my antiquated 12.9@110 C32 around HPDE road circuits. :nix:

Impromptu street encounters are another matter entirely. Nice “K.O.” hitokiri89!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:35 AM

'10 G37S 6MT and '12 C250 7AT

The E46 330i Performance Package (Option Code: "ZHP") was created exclusively for the U.S. market for enthusiasts by enthusiasts at BMW Individual, a division of BMW M GmbH. There was no aspect of the driving experience that had not been enhanced by the Performance Package. Modifications to the 3.0-liter in-line six-cylinder engine, which included different camshafts and performance-modified Digital Motor Electronics, yielded a 10 horsepower increase to 235. For the first time in a 330i a six-speed manual transmission came standard. With the Performance Package it included a short-throw shifter. The package also included a shorter final drive ratio.

Car&Driver tested a ZHP not-broken-in at 5.6 sec. 0 to 60. Broken in, with low friction oil and decent fuel, times in the low 5's.

Of course the E46 M3 was a truly amazing piece of work. But for just driving around town or up the Pacific coast, the ZHP is a fine ride. The performance of the C300 pales by comparison in its driving experience.
I stopped trusting Car and Driver's test numbers for BMW. Somehow it's always a very low number compared to other cars. 5.6 seconds for a 330i (ZHP or not) is just unbelievable. A regular plain 330i did 60 in 6.7. Moving on to the M3, I still don't believe C&Ds time for 4.6 to 60. They apparently get 5.4 seconds with a 6MT G37, funny thing is I have raced SO many M3s when I was stock and modded, not once has that thing taken me. I've raced M3s with exhaust, headers, catless and tunned.. still beat it. I just don't understand how Car and Driver gets these numbers with such slow BMWs (most of the staff does own BMWs tho, that might be a little hint). Not that the e46 M3 is a bad car, the engine is very responsive and all, I just hate it when bimmer fanboys pull these numbers out of their asses during convos and then end up losing. Ugh how I hate bmw fanboys.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:37 AM

'10 G37S 6MT and '12 C250 7AT
Also would love to add how many times I've seen stock 335s spank M3s really badly. And a couple times I have even seen a modded m3 get spanked by a stock 335i. Yet, according to C&D, the M3 is faster..
Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55
A kill is a kill... Nice kill
Old 11-02-2011, 08:37 AM

2008 C350 Sport

The E46 330i Performance Package (Option Code: "ZHP") was created exclusively for the U.S. market for enthusiasts by enthusiasts at BMW Individual, a division of BMW M GmbH. There was no aspect of the driving experience that had not been enhanced by the Performance Package. Modifications to the 3.0-liter in-line six-cylinder engine, which included different camshafts and performance-modified Digital Motor Electronics, yielded a 10 horsepower increase to 235. For the first time in a 330i a six-speed manual transmission came standard. With the Performance Package it included a short-throw shifter. The package also included a shorter final drive ratio..

Good find, I was not aware of the camshaft changes, but that along with a tune yeilded a mere 10 HP? Makes one wonder how honest all these claims are from tuners that say we can expect anywhere from 18 to 25+ HP from just the tune in our cars...
Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
I'm with Acapulco Bill and Likem.. Have a 6MT 135i in the household as well as an IS350. Had an 11k mile, 2009 C350 loaner for a week.. it's no contest against either 135i or IS350, noticeably slower than both. The 135i is hardcore, not comfortable for long journeys but one hell of a blast to drive. The IS350 doesn't give up much in the way of acceleration to the 135i and its interior, feature content, and comfort level far exceed the 135i and also the C350. The W204 C350 prior to the refresh was simply not competitive.

Love all the brands. You can't reason with people who hate a specific brand - they just can't accept the facts.

Last edited by LILBENZ230; 11-02-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
I don't think people doubt your "win", it's just that you're lumping in these horsepower numbers with your "mods". When it comes to modding, you don't just go around adding A+B+C = 80 horsepower. Let me put it a better way for you, your tune adds 25 advertised horsepower, your exhaust lists 15 advertised horsepower, and your headers list 15 advertised horsepower. You can't just go and add up 25+15+15+268 = 323 horsepower. It just simply does not work that way. All parts summed up "might" net you 300 crank horsepower. The reason why people might question your 335 win is because n54 engines are notoriously underrated from the factory. Congrats on your win, but it's not something that can be repeated with an equally talented driver in both cars.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by wnunez89
I have a 2.0t genesis coupe r-spec 6speed(its not modded yet) but my c350 is quicker than it, for now. also turbo cars dont use headers, they use a turbo manifold, just fyi
Hahaha, sorry, not familiar with the whole terminology. I would hope your c350 is quicker, because my C300 4MATIC was quicker... and if my c300 4matic was quicker than your c350, then I would imagine we would REALLY run into problems in this thread... LOL

As far as what I did to my car to get it to 6.2 0-60. Daily beat on it (which I think has a BIG part to do with it, as my car always felt marginally quicker than the 2011 c300 which is driven mostly highway and SLOWLY, haha. But as far as mods go, I have K&N drop in filters (which probably don't do anything) and a magnaflow x-pipe with straight pipes in place of the mufflers. Also, after changing my grille I have noticed more "oomph". Perhaps it has increased air-flow? Oh, and of course, always run 93 octane fuel.

Here is a link to my YouTube video a while back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZWTwHosyWQ

Come to think of it, in that video I only have the x-pipe installed. New one coming soon.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:05 AM

2008 C350 Sport
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
I'm with Acapulco Bill and Likem.. Have a 6MT 135i in the household as well as an IS350. Had an 11k mile, 2009 C350 loaner for a week.. it's no contest against either 135i or IS350, noticeably slower than both. The 135i is hardcore, not comfortable for long journeys but one hell of a blast to drive. The IS350 doesn't give up much in the way of acceleration to the 135i and its interior, feature content, and comfort level far exceed the 135i and also the C350. The W204 C350 prior to the refresh was simply not competitive.

Love all the brands. You can't reason with people who hate a specific brand - they just can't accept the facts.

I was with Bill until he started talking about how close the 330 with the ZHP package was to the M3, then I just gave up....No chance the 330 runs 5.3 all day as he suggested, it falls right between the stock 330 running 6.4 to 60 and the M3 at 4.8 to 60 - I know I know..0 to 60 isn't everything, handling is probably in a similiar place between the two as well...And just to reiterate - I love the 330 with the ZHP package (love the M3 more).

330i/Ci ZHP (US Only) 2003–2006 235 bhp / 222 ft·lbf 5.6 sec
M3 (US) 2001–2006 333 bhp / 262 ft·lbf 4.8 sec

I was shopping for a 335 sedan (drove many) when I happened upon the C350, just wanted something different for a change this time but do wish it was a little quicker than it is...I did shop the IS350 during that time as well - quick little car for sure, but the styling quickly pushed me away - most specifically the blocky, bloated rear half of the car and lack of any significant body lines. Interior was beautiful, but seemed cramped (I know - so is the C series). 135 looks pretty nifty and would be great as a "3rd car" to just thrash around on weekends, must be a blast with the 6MT and all that power...
Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230

Yeah, that 135i is a QUICK little car. I drove my friends around a bit for a day. Would seriously compete well with any car, and I believe it also takes well to mods... I have never really looked into the Lexus. I test drove the IS250 a while back, and that thing was so slow it just turned me off the Lexus brand entirely. Even though the IS350 probably is quick, I just couldn't see myself in it, at least at my age. Its just too "Farty" and uninspiring. I laugh everytime I see their commercial where the lexus is quicker or has as much power as the competition, but "wields it with precision" as its doing a drift between all the competitors cars... What a JOKE! Get a clue Lexus.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:25 AM

2008 C350 Sport
As far as what I did to my car to get it to 6.2 0-60. Daily beat on it (which I think has a BIG part to do with it, as my car always felt marginally quicker than the 2011 c300 which is driven mostly highway and SLOWLY, haha. But as far as mods go, I have K&N drop in filters (which probably don't do anything) and a magnaflow x-pipe with straight pipes in place of the mufflers. Also, after changing my grille I have noticed more "oomph". Perhaps it has increased air-flow? Oh, and of course, always run 93 octane fuel.

Here is a link to my YouTube video a while back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZWTwHosyWQQUOTE]

OK - I am going to respectfully back out of this entire thread - I am heading in a direction I really did not want to to go in, as I like this forum and enjoy reading everyone's posts and really appreciate the knowledgeable information provided to most questions...not really looking to continure debating over claimed gains and other manufacturer models...

Love my C350...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335 K.O. win c350 lol