C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Discussion - R1 Concepts rotors. Issue resolved to the satisfaction of all

Old 11-29-2011, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350/'08 w204
Just a reminder...for my 08c350 sport they had to dimple, not drill.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:49 PM

C350/'08 w204
R1 Concepts: Update

Ok….just a little update. So after working with the guys over at R1, and riding on their product for a couple of weeks, I have nothing but love for those guys. Forgot to mention earlier that they cut a little off the price tag after the miscommunication….but they also did the same for my rear rotors. It’s clear that they wanted my business and that the mistake was just that, a mistake. So, for all of you looking for a rotor upgrade, I certainly recommend using them. I’ll have pics up when life slows down.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AV6
should just order from tirerack and get centric/stoptech......
Old 12-03-2011, 03:49 PM

C350/'08 w204
Originally Posted by qaz393
should just order from tirerack and get centric/stoptech......
Don't beleive Tire Rack offers any rotors for my car....at least not according to their website. And like I've said before, R1 really came through and I love these rotors.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:27 PM

honda accord 2004
def shady

I just finished a temp work assignment for this company and they are insanely shady. they literally spray paint their rotors and slap stickers on the boxes of calipers lying about what they are made of

Originally Posted by Eickecc
Just a heads-up for those of you looking to replace your stock rotors with a drilled/slotted version.

I ordered a front set of drilled/slotted from R1's ebay postings. The price-point was good and I am a commuter, so I was really just looking for aesthetics and functionality.....not race-worthy Brembo, etc. Anyway, I ordered my rotors on a Sunday, November 6th. I then received a call on Thursday from a sales associate saying that they cannot drill my rotors because they will hit a vein. Understandable, but why are they calling me on Thursday? What happened to Tuesday or Wednesday. Well, I got over it and they dimpled the rotors instead of drilling them. Received the package later the next week and found that the USPS flat-rate box holding 48 lbs is destroyed and missing a rotor. The one that did arrive was losing its silver-zinc coating to chips.

I will say that R1 did finally get the rotors to me on Friday, November 18th, but what troubles me is that they still have not pulled the posting for drilled/slotted rotors that fit an '08 C350. Just feeling like they have some shady business practices.

On a better note, the rotors have all but stopped the vibration from my steering and they have preformed very well for a causal driver that doesn't mind splitting traffic every now and then. I'll still be using them for my back rotors, but mainly just to keep uniformity on the car. I don't anticipate a great service encounter.