C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How surprised would you be...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 05:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
How surprised would you be...

...if this came up behind you.

Day vid - http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/560/a9d.mp4/

Night vid - http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/580/tcu.mp4/

Old 12-15-2011, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Are you an emergency responder or law enforcement officer? If not, here is a quick excerpt of NY law with which you may want to acquaint yourself.

§ 375 (41). Colored and flashing lights.

41. Colored and flashing lights. The provisions of this subdivision shall govern the affixing and display of lights on vehicles, other than those lights required by law. 1. No light, other than a white light, and no revolving, rotating, flashing, oscillating or constantly moving white light shall be affixed to, or displayed on any vehicle except as prescribed herein.

2. Red lights and certain white lights. One or more red or combination red and white lights, or one white light which must be a revolving, rotating, flashing, oscillating or constantly moving light, may be affixed to an authorized emergency vehicle, and such lights may be displayed on an authorized emergency vehicle when such vehicle is engaged in an emergency operation, and upon a fire vehicle while returning from an alarm of fire or other emergency.

3. Amber lights. a. One or more amber lights may be affixed to a hazard vehicle, and such a light or lights which display an amber light visible to all approaching traffic under normal atmospheric conditions from a distance of five hundred feet from such vehicle shall be displayed on a hazard vehicle when such vehicle is engaged in a hazardous operation. Such light or lights shall not be required to be displayed during daylight hours provided at least two red flags visible from a distance of five hundred feet are placed both in or on the front of, and to or on the rear of the vehicle and two such flags are placed to each side of the vehicle open to traffic. Such lights or flags need not be displayed on the vehicle when the vehicle is operating, or parked, within a barricaded work area and said lights or flags are displayed on the barricade. The provisions of this subdivision shall not prohibit the temporary affixing and display of an amber light to be used as a warning on a disabled motor vehicle or on a motor vehicle while it is stopped on a highway while engaged in an operation which would restrict, impede or interfere with the normal flow of traffic.

b. In any city in this state having a population of one million or more, one amber light may be affixed to any motor vehicle owned or operated by a volunteer member of a civilian or crime patrol provided such volunteer civilian or crime patrol member has been authorized in writing to so affix an amber light by the police commissioner of the municipality in which he patrols, which authorization shall be subject to revocation at any time by the police commissioner who issued the same or his successor in office. Such amber light may be operated by such volunteer civilian or crime patrol member in such a vehicle only when engaged in a patrol operation as defined and authorized by rules and regulations promulgated by the police commissioner and only in such a manner and at such times as may be authorized by the police commissioner pursuant to said rules and regulations.

4. Blue light. a. One blue light may be affixed to any motor vehicle owned by a volunteer member of a fire department or on a motor vehicle owned by a member of such person's family residing in the same household or by a business enterprise in which such person has a proprietary interest or by which he or she is employed, provided such volunteer firefighter has been authorized in writing to so affix a blue light by the chief of the fire department or company of which he or she is a member, which authorization shall be subject to revocation at any time by the chief who issued the same or his or her successor in office. Such blue light may be displayed exclusively by such volunteer firefighter on such a vehicle only when engaged in an emergency operation. The use of blue and red light combinations shall be prohibited on all fire vehicles. The use of blue lights on fire vehicles shall be prohibited and the use of blue lights on vehicles shall be restricted for use only by a volunteer firefighter except as otherwise provided for in subparagraph b of this paragraph.

b. In addition to the red and white lights authorized to be displayed pursuant to paragraph two of this subdivision, one or more blue lights or combination blue and red lights or combination blue, red and white lights may be affixed to a police vehicle, provided that such blue light or lights shall be displayed on a police vehicle for rear projection only. In the event that the trunk or rear gate of a police vehicle obstructs or diminishes the visibility of other emergency lighting on such vehicle, a blue light may be affixed to and displayed from the trunk, rear gate or interior of such vehicle. Such lights may be displayed on a police vehicle when such vehicle is engaged in an emergency operation. Nothing contained in this subparagraph shall be deemed to authorize the use of blue lights on police vehicles unless such vehicles also display one or more red or combination red and white lights as otherwise authorized in this subdivision.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:59 PM

It was just for kicks.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Please don't take this personally, I am not trying to flame. Having said that:

This is totally illegal and for good reason. If you came up behind me with those lights on and attempted to stop me, I would call 911 and report you immediately. You would go to jail for a felony. Especially here in NYC. Please take them out of the vehicle, because if you get pulled over for so much as rolling through a stop sign and a cop sees those lights you're going to be in a world of trouble. I find the idea of installing such lights for kicks disgustingly irresponsible. Unless you never planned to drive on a public road with them - in which case I take it all back.

Last edited by acr2001; 12-15-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:17 PM

No, lol, that is a legitimate complaint and I would never drive down the streets with them on.

They are just two small strobes that are headed for the garbage because I got new ones for my bicycle and I had a stupid idea and some time on my hands... Those two lights are incredibly dinky and probably wouldn't even stay put while driving.

It gets dark early now and I don't have a roof rack to put my bike on so rather than take the wheel off and truck it over I just ride the 1-2 miles to the park.

My B...

Last edited by dcjwlee; 12-15-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
Name:  CfeM3.gif
Views: 850
Size:  1.76 MB
Old 12-15-2011, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by dcjwlee
No, lol, that is a legitimate complaint and I would never drive down the streets with them on.

They are just two small strobes that are headed for the garbage because I got new ones for my bicycle and I had a stupid idea and some time on my hands... Those two lights are incredibly dinky and probably wouldn't even stay put while driving.

It gets dark early now and I don't have a roof rack to put my bike on so rather than take the wheel off and truck it over I just ride the 1-2 miles to the park.

My B...
Well if you just did it for the photo op then all is good! No worries!
I think most of us thought you had purchased this for the express purpose of mounting in your car.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
LOL
Old 12-15-2011, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Hahaha, I don't know why everyone is flaming you over this. I thought it was funny, obviously you don't drive around like that. I would be more surprised not about the lights, but that someone in a benz couldn't afford better/bigger ones.

A couple of my friends are volunteer firemen and have their cars outfitted with leds and strobes and everything. Now THAT is surprising, has 2 light bars across the top of the entire truck, one pretty big and bright dash led bar, strobes in the fogs and headlights as well as rear strobes. People pull over miles down the road to let him go, haha!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc C300 sport, arctic white, P1, MM/Navi, iPod kit, 20% Tint, C63 Grill, X-Pipe, HID DDM Kit
if your going to do it, do it right... Google: Alex Roy.

http://youtu.be/JxRLyiBs3XA

and

http://youtu.be/tF_quGl7B2o
Old 12-15-2011, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by jctevere
Hahaha, I don't know why everyone is flaming you over this. I thought it was funny, obviously you don't drive around like that.
Well, I guess we didn't all assume that, given some of what goes on, even on this forum. A possible felony seems to be an attention-getter around here!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 PM

A couple of my friends are volunteer firemen and have their cars outfitted with leds and strobes and everything. Now THAT is surprising, has 2 light bars across the top of the entire truck, one pretty big and bright dash led bar, strobes in the fogs and headlights as well as rear strobes. People pull over miles down the road to let him go, haha!
Yeah, some people go OD. I think it's only one forward facing blue light that's allowed but most vollys around me seem to be running multiple forward and rearward facing lights along with wigwags in their head and tail lights. Looks a LOT like cop lights except the fuzz doesn't run just blue lights in these parts.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by myinternetsucks
if your going to do it, do it right... Google: Alex Roy.

http://youtu.be/JxRLyiBs3XA

and

http://youtu.be/tF_quGl7B2o
That is insane!

Originally Posted by Sportstick
Well, I guess we didn't all assume that, given some of what goes on, even on this forum.
And rightfully so. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And given the stupidity revolving around us everyday you SHOULD always assume the worst from people.

Last edited by dcjwlee; 12-15-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:47 PM

Merc C300 sport, arctic white, P1, MM/Navi, iPod kit, 20% Tint, C63 Grill, X-Pipe, HID DDM Kit
Well, I guess we didn't all assume that, given some of what goes on, even on this forum. A possible felony seems to be an attention-getter around here!
I was seriously thinking that, and also how many posts until we hear "That's Rice!" comment that people love so much around here.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by myinternetsucks
and also how many posts until we hear "That's Rice!" comment that people love so much around here.

Could be a good race between that and the obligatory cliche, "That's sick", with or without the optional "bro".
Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Hahaha, I don't know why everyone is flaming you over this.
No one flamed him (OK to be fair maybe you could count the GIF as a flame although funny) . Sportstick quoted the law, and I gave my opinion while being careful not to offend / flame him. I even wrote that if he isn't installing it in his car then it's all good. If he was actually installing it in his car and didn't realize the ramifications I think we would have been doing him a favor if anything.

Last edited by acr2001; 12-15-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:50 PM

Guys, it's okay everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's just forget this thread now.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:33 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AV6
are these lights legal to be used in parking lots and other areas which is not public roads??? in ontario (canada) the HTA cannot apply to private property. you can run stop sign all you want in parking lot (as long as u dont crash with another car because that falls into insurance fault determination rules).
Old 12-16-2011, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by qaz393
are these lights legal to be used in parking lots and other areas which is not public roads??? in ontario (canada) the HTA cannot apply to private property. you can run stop sign all you want in parking lot (as long as u dont crash with another car because that falls into insurance fault determination rules).
Lol. Dude, come on...

Try it and then send us pics of what happens.... jk.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:50 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
LOL
Old 12-16-2011, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by qaz393
Old 12-19-2011, 06:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
W204
Are you an emergency responder or law enforcement officer? If not, here is a quick excerpt of NY law with which you may want to acquaint yourself.

§ 375 (41). Colored and flashing lights.

41. Colored and flashing lights. The provisions of this subdivision shall govern the affixing and display of lights on vehicles, other than those lights required by law. 1. No light, other than a white light, and no revolving, rotating, flashing, oscillating or constantly moving white light shall be affixed to, or displayed on any vehicle except as prescribed herein.

2. Red lights and certain white lights. One or more red or combination red and white lights, or one white light which must be a revolving, rotating, flashing, oscillating or constantly moving light, may be affixed to an authorized emergency vehicle, and such lights may be displayed on an authorized emergency vehicle when such vehicle is engaged in an emergency operation, and upon a fire vehicle while returning from an alarm of fire or other emergency.

3. Amber lights. a. One or more amber lights may be affixed to a hazard vehicle, and such a light or lights which display an amber light visible to all approaching traffic under normal atmospheric conditions from a distance of five hundred feet from such vehicle shall be displayed on a hazard vehicle when such vehicle is engaged in a hazardous operation. Such light or lights shall not be required to be displayed during daylight hours provided at least two red flags visible from a distance of five hundred feet are placed both in or on the front of, and to or on the rear of the vehicle and two such flags are placed to each side of the vehicle open to traffic. Such lights or flags need not be displayed on the vehicle when the vehicle is operating, or parked, within a barricaded work area and said lights or flags are displayed on the barricade. The provisions of this subdivision shall not prohibit the temporary affixing and display of an amber light to be used as a warning on a disabled motor vehicle or on a motor vehicle while it is stopped on a highway while engaged in an operation which would restrict, impede or interfere with the normal flow of traffic.

b. In any city in this state having a population of one million or more, one amber light may be affixed to any motor vehicle owned or operated by a volunteer member of a civilian or crime patrol provided such volunteer civilian or crime patrol member has been authorized in writing to so affix an amber light by the police commissioner of the municipality in which he patrols, which authorization shall be subject to revocation at any time by the police commissioner who issued the same or his successor in office. Such amber light may be operated by such volunteer civilian or crime patrol member in such a vehicle only when engaged in a patrol operation as defined and authorized by rules and regulations promulgated by the police commissioner and only in such a manner and at such times as may be authorized by the police commissioner pursuant to said rules and regulations.

4. Blue light. a. One blue light may be affixed to any motor vehicle owned by a volunteer member of a fire department or on a motor vehicle owned by a member of such person's family residing in the same household or by a business enterprise in which such person has a proprietary interest or by which he or she is employed, provided such volunteer firefighter has been authorized in writing to so affix a blue light by the chief of the fire department or company of which he or she is a member, which authorization shall be subject to revocation at any time by the chief who issued the same or his or her successor in office. Such blue light may be displayed exclusively by such volunteer firefighter on such a vehicle only when engaged in an emergency operation. The use of blue and red light combinations shall be prohibited on all fire vehicles. The use of blue lights on fire vehicles shall be prohibited and the use of blue lights on vehicles shall be restricted for use only by a volunteer firefighter except as otherwise provided for in subparagraph b of this paragraph.

b. In addition to the red and white lights authorized to be displayed pursuant to paragraph two of this subdivision, one or more blue lights or combination blue and red lights or combination blue, red and white lights may be affixed to a police vehicle, provided that such blue light or lights shall be displayed on a police vehicle for rear projection only. In the event that the trunk or rear gate of a police vehicle obstructs or diminishes the visibility of other emergency lighting on such vehicle, a blue light may be affixed to and displayed from the trunk, rear gate or interior of such vehicle. Such lights may be displayed on a police vehicle when such vehicle is engaged in an emergency operation. Nothing contained in this subparagraph shall be deemed to authorize the use of blue lights on police vehicles unless such vehicles also display one or more red or combination red and white lights as otherwise authorized in this subdivision.
wow really??? it was a joke....you must be a pig or something.....
Old 12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by caligreenzzz
There is a concept in tort law that "every dog gets one free bite" to allow one misdeed before a reputation is established. On another recent thread, you've already hurled gender orientation insults. Now, I give up on you.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by caligreenzzz
Between this and the other thread, you need to be banned.
You are disgustingly immature and unintelligent.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:17 AM

Acura TL-S 2002
Is it in fact a felony in NY? I doubt it and your law quote did not state it. What exactly is the punishment? It sounds more like a traffic ticket type of violation, not a murder. Why would I pull anyone over? All I need is for the grandma to move from the left lane on a busy freeway. And why would you report me to 911? How would you know that I am not an officer in an unmarked vehicle? Not a chance. I have seen these flashers used by cab drivers on an airport highway in St. Louis, only better ones, your flasher is not very convincing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How surprised would you be...