C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2010 c300 installing subwoofer/amp questions HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White 2009 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by Karl09
Oh I see ! Well I'm sort of on a tight budget, being a college student and affording this car is rather ruff haha. So I'm focused around 1000-1200 for a system. That's why the type R's appealed to me. Not to expensive and tons of good reviews. I'm thinking going ported for mine though. My main concern was not being able to feel the bass since the trunk is sealed and the seats don't fold down!

I'll have to be a gangster and try out that song lol.
my rear seats don't fold down, and I've read on the forums that the firewall privets sound from the trunk into the cabin, ...so i sold my box, amp, and subs, it was a 300watt amp so i thought it wouldn't be good anyways.
and now since i started working i bought 2 12" jbl p1224's with a 1300 watt amp LOL, and I'm getting a custom box made this weekend hopefully all goes well and i don't have a tough time wiring it up, will have pics on my build thread ASAP
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...300-sport.html

would i be able to add the clean sweep system to the jbl amp ? and would i be able to do it later on, I've kind of spent this pay check and the next already ...
Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 PM

White 2009 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by mercguard87
My shop will start installing may 1st but ill give you an idea of the setup.

I will be replacing all speakers with hybrid audio
We will use one 5 channel amp for speakers/sub
Sub will be JL 12 w6 v2

Now, I also have non folding rear seats which presents a problem
Numerous ppl said you can have a slamming setup but will only shake the **** out of the trunk and lose the majority of the sound due to the firewall seperating the cabin from trunk

So this is where it gets fun
I(m going to cut open the firewall creating a pass through where the armrest folds down which will allow the sound to transfer into the cabin uninterrupted

Now by doing this you could go with just about any box, but we have decided to build a custom bandpass box that will port directly through the open ski port, should be sick

(" So this is where it gets fun
I(m going to cut open the firewall creating a pass through where the armrest folds down which will allow the sound to transfer into the cabin uninterrupted
Now by doing this you could go with just about any box, but we have decided to build a custom bandpass box that will port directly through the open ski port, should be sick ")

EXACTLY what i was gonna tell my buddy to do, i was thinking of asking him to port the box right in the middle where the armrest opening WILL be
Old 06-07-2012, 03:32 AM

2010 c300
I just went with a custom ported box with two alpine type R's, no clean sweep nothing and damn does it sound good. Hits hard, take your breath away hard.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:37 AM

White 2009 C300 Sport
do you have any pics? I'm going into the shop on saturday and I'm not too sure what i want lt too look like lol,
Old 07-15-2012, 01:20 PM

2012 C Class C250 CDI
Actual Process?

Hi, sorry to jump on the end of this post. I am also looking at installing a sub and amp in my C250 CDI 2012.

How is this process achieved. Forget the actual subs for now, but the wiring. I have the stock radio (Audio 20) and want to add sub & amp.

I don;t really want to run a cable for power from front to back, can I just use a capacitor from the secondary battery?

Also, which speaker cable do I cut in to and where is this located?
Many thanks

Jamie.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W204 C180 / W176 A45
Originally Posted by blueevo
Hi, sorry to jump on the end of this post. I am also looking at installing a sub and amp in my C250 CDI 2012.

How is this process achieved. Forget the actual subs for now, but the wiring. I have the stock radio (Audio 20) and want to add sub & amp.

I don;t really want to run a cable for power from front to back, can I just use a capacitor from the secondary battery?

Also, which speaker cable do I cut in to and where is this located?
Many thanks

Jamie.
What he said. I'm pretty much stuck at the wiring part with most of the speakers installed. I'll post pics when it's all done. (It just looks like a huge mess right now.)