C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

c300 broken passenger seat pls help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
c300 broken passenger seat pls help

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine has a 2008 c300 with i think it was 85k miles. She recently took it to a car wash *cringe* and later she discovered her passenger seat was no longer working.

Now i have not taken a close look at it but from what i can tell it seems like there was some plastic bracing or framing that has been busted underneath.

Id like to take the seat out and see if it can be fixed. Since I basically have no experience with mercedes I figured Id to a little research first. I don't want to start tearing up an expensive car with out a little knowledge.

I drive a tacoma and I never go to car wash let alone if i ever had a mercedes lol. If I don't have time to wash it, it stays dirty heh.

Any information would be helpful, I'm trying to help her out last thing she needs is another huge bill. This poor car is a mess the windshield is cracked, the front bumper needs work, the seat is busted and a headlight was out. That's no way to roll around in a nice car ya know =P.

I put in new headlights today, so gonna see if I can tackle the seat for her as well. I'm also gonna see if she knows weather or not it's under warranty still I don't think she knows heh.

Thanks for any help.

edit: I tried using search but unable to come up with anything useful.

Last edited by Blayz; 03-14-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 PM

2008 MB C300 Luxury; 2003 Land Rover Discovery II SE7
I can't help you with seat repair, but you/your friend may find it helpful to visit https://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/home.jsp. It's the MB online parts catalog, and it contains diagrams showing the placement of various parts. You can probably perform a search for the seats, and find a drawing/diagram of how everything is put together. You/she will need to sign up for the free subscription, but if you're mechanically inclined I believe it would be a good place for you to start. Hope this helps.

Last edited by RiesenWachter; 03-14-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Added sentence
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 PM

c300
Perfect thanks for the link, I tried searching for something like this but wasn't able to find anything. I was gonna go to the dealer and have them show me the blown up picture to see what i can find out. I am mechanically inclined that's why I'm interested in seeing if there is something I can do to fix it for her, found out that It's out of warranty and im assuming it will be expensive to have the dealer fix it. Just trying to help out.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:56 AM

2008 MB C300 Luxury; 2003 Land Rover Discovery II SE7
You're welcome. There's a lot of great info on that site. Since you are mechanically inclined, I'm sure that you will find tons of helpful info on there. Good luck with the repair(s).
Old 03-15-2012, 11:48 AM

4matic C300
The motor on mine failed me. Happened about 2 weeks after buying it. The replaced the motors and the rails. I would checkout that site and they should have a diagram for you.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steel Gray C400/ White Cayman S
Originally Posted by Blayz
Perfect thanks for the link, I tried searching for something like this but wasn't able to find anything. I was gonna go to the dealer and have them show me the blown up picture to see what i can find out. I am mechanically inclined that's why I'm interested in seeing if there is something I can do to fix it for her, found out that It's out of warranty and im assuming it will be expensive to have the dealer fix it. Just trying to help out.
Did you figure out the repair? I have the same problem on my C300 and it does have the same broken plastic piece under the seat. Thats the last time I let my Fat mother in law ride Shotgun!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:43 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by Blayz
Hello everyone,

A friend of mine has a 2008 c300 with i think it was 85k miles. She recently took it to a car wash *cringe* and later she discovered her passenger seat was no longer working.

Now i have not taken a close look at it but from what i can tell it seems like there was some plastic bracing or framing that has been busted underneath.

Id like to take the seat out and see if it can be fixed. Since I basically have no experience with mercedes I figured Id to a little research first. I don't want to start tearing up an expensive car with out a little knowledge.

I drive a tacoma and I never go to car wash let alone if i ever had a mercedes lol. If I don't have time to wash it, it stays dirty heh.

Any information would be helpful, I'm trying to help her out last thing she needs is another huge bill. This poor car is a mess the windshield is cracked, the front bumper needs work, the seat is busted and a headlight was out. That's no way to roll around in a nice car ya know =P.

I put in new headlights today, so gonna see if I can tackle the seat for her as well. I'm also gonna see if she knows weather or not it's under warranty still I don't think she knows heh.

Thanks for any help.

edit: I tried using search but unable to come up with anything useful.
Did some car wash employee put his knee on the seat while smearing the insides of the windows?

This car sounds like a wreck.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:26 PM

'08 W204 C300 4Matic Sport
W204 C300 Driver's Seat for Sale

Hey guys if anyone is having el. or any other issues and you're looking for a replacement seat ,message me at: mpganchev@gmail.com

My driver's seat seam busted on the bottom, I got a whole new seat and Im looking to sell this one. All el. parts are fully functional:
-Black Leather
-El.
-Heat
-SRS
-No memory

Old 08-23-2015, 02:31 AM

Mercedes c300
C300 broken seat track, one side

Mine was doing the same thing. The plastic bar underneath the front of the seat that holds the electrical connectors in place broke. (To see where it is supposed to be look under your drivers side for reference.) Then plastic bar got stuck under the track and the seat would not move forward or back. Once I disloged the plastic bar (adjusted seat up as high as it would go and pulled on plastic bar till it came out), the seat track on one side worked and the other side did not. The seat would twist/contort but not really go backwards or forwards.

To try and fix:
1) Removed seat cushion. Under the seat right upfront are two star screws that attach the seat to the tracks using a half-circle metal clamp. Remove those 2 screws.
2. Lift the seat up.
3. You can disconnect some of the wires and remove some cable holders to give you some space while leaving the airbag wires attached.
4. You will see the motor with two flexible shafts going to the two tracks. Notice the motor is held in place with rubber grommets. Make sure the motor is in place and the flexible shafts are straight and enter the holes in the tracks on both sides.
5. If you don't see anything wrong the track maybe messed up.

On mine one of the motor grommets poped out and the flexible shaft was not in the hole on the bad side. Once I removed motor, placed flexible shaft in hole and reseated motor it worked.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:21 AM

C300
Originally Posted by Stimpgsx
Did you figure out the repair? I have the same problem on my C300 and it does have the same broken plastic piece under the seat. Thats the last time I let my Fat mother in law ride Shotgun!!!
That is what trunks are made for.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:02 AM

C220 CDI SLK 200
Originally Posted by mganchev
Hey guys if anyone is having el. or any other issues and you're looking for a replacement seat ,message me at: mpganchev@gmail.com

My driver's seat seam busted on the bottom, I got a whole new seat and Im looking to sell this one. All el. parts are fully functional:
-Black Leather
-El.
-Heat
-SRS
-No memory

Mines gone exactly the same. Got quoted 1000 dollars plus labor to replace. went around the wrecking yards and got a replacement for $120. That MB tex is crap and now the passenger seat is starting to go as well
Old 08-22-2016, 06:59 PM

2008 c300
I have the same problem one shaft on one side where it goes in the hole in the rail is brshaftflexible shaft)motor is working good and spins shaft but wont move seat forward from one side. Where can i buy the shafts how do i properly look for them (name) where did u buy?
Old 02-16-2020, 01:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, 6M, Dynamic Handling Pack
Originally Posted by Jlkphidelt
Mine was doing the same thing. The plastic bar underneath the front of the seat that holds the electrical connectors in place broke. (To see where it is supposed to be look under your drivers side for reference.) Then plastic bar got stuck under the track and the seat would not move forward or back. Once I disloged the plastic bar (adjusted seat up as high as it would go and pulled on plastic bar till it came out), the seat track on one side worked and the other side did not. The seat would twist/contort but not really go backwards or forwards.

To try and fix:
1) Removed seat cushion. Under the seat right upfront are two star screws that attach the seat to the tracks using a half-circle metal clamp. Remove those 2 screws.
2. Lift the seat up.
3. You can disconnect some of the wires and remove some cable holders to give you some space while leaving the airbag wires attached.
4. You will see the motor with two flexible shafts going to the two tracks. Notice the motor is held in place with rubber grommets. Make sure the motor is in place and the flexible shafts are straight and enter the holes in the tracks on both sides.
5. If you don't see anything wrong the track maybe messed up.

On mine one of the motor grommets poped out and the flexible shaft was not in the hole on the bad side. Once I removed motor, placed flexible shaft in hole and reseated motor it worked.
This is exactly what's going on with mine. But one of the grommets is missing. I'll have to see if it's somewhere under the seat but I'm guessing it got vacuumed up. Might try zip tieing the motor

Last edited by DrivingForce; 02-16-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:39 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2011 C300 Sport, 6M, Dynamic Handling Pack
What I ended up doing is getting the seat to a reasonable position to fit my baby seat behind and just unplugging the wiring for the seat bottom. Eventually I'll have to buy the aftermarket bracket it seems