C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Too many issues with my C350..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204, 11' RR Sport,
Too many issues with my C350..

I bought my C350 brand new from Mercedes Benz Encino, CA in Sept. 2009. Less than month later I moved down to Corona. Almost right away I started having issues with car. Check engine lights, no start issues, transmission issues, issues with the Panoramic roof, suspension, navigation and radio issues.....on and on. I took the car into Walters in Riverside Ca. and they replaced some sensors and did some software upgrades. I continued to have issues and the dealer could not seem to fix my car. After MANY repair attemps for the check engine light, sunroof, transmission,suspension and radio I got fed up and looked into see what I can do about my situation so I hired a Laywer.

It's been a year and a Half and MBZ is just stringing me along. Last week I had a meeting with my Laywer, a Laywer for MBZ and a Regional MBZ rep.
I guess there was a issue at the dealer that I bought the car from where there some issues with fraud and that dealer has had a lot of buy backs. The MBZ rep said they had a problem with people of Middle Eastern decent rigging their cars and because my car was bought from there that this is the issue with mine and MBZ isn't willing to do anything for me.

MBZ is totally racial profiling and I am very offended by this. Has anyone expirenced something like this? I have full documention of all my complaints with photos and videos. I'm going to post them up on youtube.
What issues have you had with your cars.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 c300 4matic
sorry to hear man.

but the only issue i have is my dealership is filled with *******s
Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 PM

'08 Mercedes C300
You can't lemon law it? You have an obligation guaranteed with the warrantee that your vehicle is up to standards and after numerous repairs and it still continues to suffer problems, the lemon law gives you the right to get a refund or a new vehicle.

http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon

Last edited by Domm; 04-05-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 BMW M235i 6MT
Originally Posted by Thaa kiid Jlee
sorry to hear man.

+1

They treat me like I'm 6.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:56 AM

'08 C350
What do you mean by, "rigging their cars". Because I'm fairly certain, that our interpretations of the slang version of that verb differ.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:00 AM

'08 C350
Originally Posted by Thaa kiid Jlee
sorry to hear man.

Originally Posted by Richard2011
+1

They treat me like I'm 6.
??? I LOVE mine???
if I go in on a saturday, I can usually watch the guys work on my whip. If not I can chill with the manager, or go test drive or whatever????
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM

2008 C300 6speed, 2015 GLK 250 2017 E400 wagon
Good Luck with that "What's Next". Warrantied cars. should be fixed. and why don't you go somewhere else to service your benz.

I have 3 dealers fairly close. 40 mile radius. And the closest one to me is way to busy so i go to a smaller Dealer and they are great.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:38 PM

w204, 11' RR Sport,
Originally Posted by Domm
You can't lemon law it? You have an obligation guaranteed with the warrantee that your vehicle is up to standards and after numerous repairs and it still continues to suffer problems, the lemon law gives you the right to get a refund or a new vehicle.

http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/lemon
We tried for a buy back and MBZ said they are willing to buy the car back. That because it was bought from that dealer and that one of my major issues is with the check engine light that MBZ has had too many issues with that dealer. We tried to come to a happy medium but MBZ is not willing to do offer any help at all. It looks like we are going to have to go to trial. In the mean time every time I drive the car one of my many issues occurs so I hardly drive it anymore. Only 4k miles in the last year.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:40 PM

w204, 11' RR Sport,
Originally Posted by MoneyMike23
What do you mean by, "rigging their cars". Because I'm fairly certain, that our interpretations of the slang version of that verb differ.
By rigging they mean doing something to the car to make it malfunction. I did a Google search last night and there were a ton of posts on this dealer and MBZ.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM

'08 Mercedes C300
They're willing to buyback the car but they won't because the check engine light caused by their dealer? It sounds like a load of bull to me and I have high hopes that you will win your settlement.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:54 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by WHAT'S NEXT?
We tried for a buy back and MBZ said they are willing to buy the car back. That because it was bought from that dealer and that one of my major issues is with the check engine light that MBZ has had too many issues with that dealer. We tried to come to a happy medium but MBZ is not willing to do offer any help at all. It looks like we are going to have to go to trial. In the mean time every time I drive the car one of my many issues occurs so I hardly drive it anymore. Only 4k miles in the last year.
First you say that MB is willing to buy it back and then you say they are not willing to offer any help. Which is it?

Does this car meet the California standards of lemon law buyback or not? I am assuming that you have already met with the MBUSA Field Service Manager. What exactly has your lawyer accomplished other than billing you?

In Washington State lemon law proceedings are held before a state examiner whose decision is final. How is California different? I know two people who have won their cases simply by presentlng their well organized evidence. One was a Diesel Chev Suburban and the other a Toyota Supra with excess oil usage.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Tahoe LT, 07 Silverado Z71, 99 BMW R1100RT
Originally Posted by RLE
First you say that MB is willing to buy it back and then you say they are not willing to offer any help. Which is it?
Exactly! Unless we are missing part of the story. If MB has had ample time to fix the reoccurring problems many enough times, there shouldn't even be a need for a lawyer. It should not make any difference from which dealer the car was purchased from or attempted to be fixed at.

Originally Posted by RLE
What exactly has your lawyer accomplished other than billing you?
Sound like a very valid question to me.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 C300
i know exactly what he means. my cousin is a senior tech at toyota corporate and explained to me that, no offense, a lot of people of middle eastern descent do this to their cars to get them to lemon the car. He explained to me that there are different ways to do this. one of the most common is to just take a taser (sp?) and zap the ecu or another part critical to the car. he also mention there was a way to prove whether it was intentional or not, but don't really remember the whole story. Of course, his experience is with lexus and not MB. hope this help kinda explain what the MB officials are talking about.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
^That's terrible. To think people try to game the system like this, then when someone really is having issues they get a raw deal out of suspicion. That really sucks.