C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New purchase....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New purchase....

I'm looking to buy (not lease) a new 2012 white c300....sport / p1 package..
(Mainly want better stereo in that package)

While shopping around (Detroit metro area) dealers wont budge even a penny on the price. Best so far is a year of free car washes....
I'm looking at 41-43k for the car mentioned above.

Seems a bit high...
I'm sure not use to buying cars without arguing them down a bit....

What do you feel is a "great" price? Or even ok price..... I'm ok with not stealing it if they toss in some extras like washes and accessories.....

If my area is the problem. I'm def ok driving a few hundred miles....

Thanks

Mike
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 PM

2012 C350 Sport - Iridium Silver w/Ash
Originally Posted by dmx11523

While shopping around (Detroit metro area) dealers wont budge even a penny on the price. Best so far is a year of free car washes....

Seems a bit high...

What do you feel is a "great" price? Or even ok price..... I'm ok with not stealing it if they toss in some extras like washes and accessories.....

Thanks

Mike
For $43k you should be getting a c350. You should be able to get invoice. Do a little legwork, call some other dealers and offer them invoice or MSRP - 7%.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:50 PM

'08 Mercedes C300
All the cars I've negotiated for has been at invoice, which includes tax, fees, and etc. You should definitely not settle for anything more than invoice. You can ask for the internet sales manager because they get paid a salary so negotiating is extremely easy with them. I bought my Benz from the Internet sales manager and didn't even negotiate. I was with my girlfriends family the other day because they were getting an Acura MDX and the Internet sales manager gave us the entertainment package free because he just wanted to move the cars since he didn't have the color we wanted without the entertainment package.

If you're looking at the c300 4matic, I think it should be about 41k out the door or you can opt for a c350 which has the p1 package standard for about the same price, but no 4 wheel drive.

Last edited by Domm; 04-17-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 GL450
Try going to www.carsdirect.com and price out a car with whatever package you want with it. Never settle for msrp....
Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE

Seems a bit high...

Thanks

Mike
Have you tried MB of Novi, talking to Mike Dega? A very good dealer all around, and he may work with you further.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 PM

Would I be out of line asking for this...

2012 C300 Sport with P1 package, for 38k out the door...

Best deal so far is $41k w/ tax,title,plates, blah blah blah...
I'm feeling like $37-38k out the door all the paperwork/taxes included is more like it....

My brain has a hard time accepting that I may need to spend in the 40k's for a car that really should be in the mid 30's at best. Guess I'll have to break down and accept that a "benz" is gonna be over priced ha...
Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 PM

Sportstick..
I have mainly been dealing with Novi....(I live in Livonia, around the corner).... Kim Olson has been the person I've been dealing with.
A buddy of mine leased a c300 from her so I just went with her....Haven't been beating up Novi too bad...I'm more the type that doesn't want to waste the sales persons time, I'll just go in and say here is what I'll spend...take it or leave it.
Trying to get 5-10 opinions from all over and kinda go in the middle for what I should pay....I don't want to low ball them to the point of being a cheap ***...but I can't blow money over paying...Just trying to get a feel for what is a decent deal...
The only thing I have in stone so far is I'm making them buy me a Jax Car Wash card for 2-3 yrs..right next to my job...I'll have it cleaned every single day.. Inside and out. ha.....I'll never know it dirty
Old 04-24-2012, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Sportstick..
I have mainly been dealing with Novi....(I live in Livonia, around the corner).... Kim Olson has been the person I've been dealing with.
A buddy of mine leased a c300 from her so I just went with her....Haven't been beating up Novi too bad...I'm more the type that doesn't want to waste the sales persons time, I'll just go in and say here is what I'll spend...take it or leave it.
Trying to get 5-10 opinions from all over and kinda go in the middle for what I should pay....I don't want to low ball them to the point of being a cheap ***...but I can't blow money over paying...Just trying to get a feel for what is a decent deal...
The only thing I have in stone so far is I'm making them buy me a Jax Car Wash card for 2-3 yrs..right next to my job...I'll have it cleaned every single day.. Inside and out. ha.....I'll never know it dirty
Mike Dega is her boss...he's the manager in the first office. Anyway, check this out, and correct for anything I left out.

http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/me...=898771,898088

You should be able to get the median or less, but this is just the car without tax, title, registration, etc.