C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Can you edit your contacts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
Can you edit your contacts?

Hey guys,

Can you edit a contact number in your MB contact list? a friend of mine has changed her number, and I could not find a way to edit the number. Do I have to sync all the contacts again?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by jetflyboy
Hey guys,

Can you edit a contact number in your MB contact list? a friend of mine has changed her number, and I could not find a way to edit the number. Do I have to sync all the contacts again?
I think so....I haven't found a way around this, and I recall reading others make the same complaint.....sorry.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:51 PM

2010 C300 Sport
It's bad enough that you cannot edit it, but it gets worse for iPhone people. Now I have to re-do the laptop syncing again. This really stinks. I can understand Apple has it's own way, but for MB not allow editing?
Old 05-22-2012, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
There is a way to edit them. I am not 100% but I think you just select the number and go into options. There's deff a way as I've done that. I will look into it later and report back if you haven't figured it out until then.

On a side note, I've been delaying my slightly unrelated issue. How do I get all my contacts from the phone to the car? I have an Android device (Galaxy Note) and I'd want to be able to see all my contacts in the car. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by papashango
There is a way to edit them. I am not 100% but I think you just select the number and go into options. There's deff a way as I've done that. I will look into it later and report back if you haven't figured it out until then.

On a side note, I've been delaying my slightly unrelated issue. How do I get all my contacts from the phone to the car? I have an Android device (Galaxy Note) and I'd want to be able to see all my contacts in the car. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks.

That is correct. There is "option" next to the name, and when you go it, the only option you have is to delete the contact, and no editing option. If you find out, please let me know, since I have to decide whether to get a new girlfriend or edit her number

As for the second issue, you can research the forum, I'm sorry I cannot help as I have an iPhone, and God knows how much trouble it is to sync. It seems the Android is much easier to do. I'm sure someone will jump in with help on that.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
So I remembered to look into this but when I was driving to work. So I couldn't devote as much time to it as I would have wanted.

However, I did quickly look and I found an option to add number. So you can add the new number to the already saved list which would solve your purpose easily enough. Perhaps after you have two numbers or something there could be an option to edit it or remove one number and so on.

As for the contacts I have any iphone as well so worse case I can use that to transfer contacts and have my other phone connect normally. How can it be done via iPhone? In the mean time, if someone wants to chime in with the Android device it would be appreciated.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 AM

2010 C300 Sport
So I remembered to look into this but when I was driving to work. So I couldn't devote as much time to it as I would have wanted.

However, I did quickly look and I found an option to add number. So you can add the new number to the already saved list which would solve your purpose easily enough. Perhaps after you have two numbers or something there could be an option to edit it or remove one number and so on.

As for the contacts I have any iphone as well so worse case I can use that to transfer contacts and have my other phone connect normally. How can it be done via iPhone? In the mean time, if someone wants to chime in with the Android device it would be appreciated.

papashango, could you please explain how did you manage to add a second number to a contact? Try as I may, I just cannot find an option for that. Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

If you still need help with the iPhone, you can PM me, and I will send you the instructions, since the iPhone does not send vCards and you have to do it through your Macbook or Windows laptop.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
Ok well pretty much where your contact list is. Just scroll over the contact you want to edit and on the right side there should be an 'options' tab. Click on that and it gives a couple options like 'add number', 'delete'. Click on add number and it asks you what kind of number (cell, home, office, car etc). Pick the option and then it opens up a place where you add the number and save.

And yes I would very much appreciate if you could help me out with transferring numbers from my iphone to the car. I use a Macbook. I will just have to fish the iphone out of the box to transfer the contacts as I use the Note at the moment, but if it does the job then I don't mind.

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
Actually don't worry about telling me. I googled and found out it's super easy via Android. So I am just gonna do that. Thanks though.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:21 PM

2010 C300 Sport
Click on that and it gives a couple options like 'add number', 'delete'. Click on add number and it asks you what kind of number (cell, home, office, car etc). Pick the option and then it opens up a place where you add the number and save.

Thanks.
Thanks for the instructions, unfortunately, I do not have the "add number" option, all I got is delete.

Oh well, it is what it is. Thanks just the same
Old 05-28-2012, 02:55 PM

2012 c300 4matic sports
anyone know how to have it display first name first, instead of the default last name, first name???
Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This and that.
I don't think that's an option anywhere. I looked into the same thing after I transferred all my contacts to the car and couldn't find that option anywhere.

Someone, please feel free to correct me as I would like to know as well.