C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Jack Stands Placement Under W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack Stands Placement Under W204

Hi,
I made a search and I didn't find the answer:

I purchased one Reverse Logic adapter and two Reverse Logic jack stands. The question is how do I use the jack stands? If I lift the car with my car jack from a side, I am using the "spot" where the jack stand is supposed to be and I can only change one wheel at a time.

If I want to change two wheels at a time, what do I do? I noticed there is some kind of bump underneath the front of the car. Do I lift from there the whole car and place the two jack stands on the two rectangle around the middle-front section of the car and remove the car jack afterwards? Also I don't need any adapter to lift from the front?

Thanks for the help. This is a pic of my car jack I purchased:

Last edited by Franco Di Sotto; 12-19-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
2007 W204 220CDI Classic Sedan
[QUOTE=Franco Di Sotto;5474952]Hi,

I purchased one Reverse Logic adapter and two Reverse Logic jack stands. The question is how do I use the jack stands? If I lift the car with my car jack from a side, I am using the "spot" where the jack stand is supposed to be and I can only change one wheel at a time.

If I want to change two wheels at a time, what do I do? I noticed there is some kind of bump underneath the front of the car. Do I lift from there the whole car and place the two jack stands on the two rectangle around the middle-front section of the car and remove the car jack afterwards? Also I don't need any adapter to lift from the front?

I bought 2 jacks & welded a steel block to them which fitted the cars jacking points. Please see attachment.
Attached Thumbnails Jack Stands Placement Under W204-mb-jack-204.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by Franco Di Sotto
Hi,

The real problem is that your little jack doesn't have enough lift. I too purchased a reverse logic adapter (really, too pretty to use) and I can lift both wheels on one side off the ground.

You can also lift the rear by placing the jack under the differential.