C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New Owner - two specific questions - doors and trans service

Old 12-20-2012, 07:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 W204, 2015 X204
New Owner - two specific questions - doors and trans service

Hi all. Loving my new C250 so far. Getting used to the way it drives. Learning more and more about COMAND each time I drive. Two questions for you all. And yes, I have searched all through COMAND settings and all the settings available in speedo gauge configuration area.

1. When I unlock my car, all the doors unlock. In all of my other cars I could configure the doors for ONE press of unlock button unlocks drivers door, two presses unlocks all doors. All I see is a configuration for disabling auto locks as you take off.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. I see so much in the forums here about doing a transmission fluid service at 39-40k miles. My maintenance book recommends a transmission fluid change for the C class at 40k miles, EXCEPT for engine 271 (my engine). Yet I have the same transmission (7 speed auto). Why does MB recommend that I wait until 80k?

One other question, I test drove the C250 and the A4 and the 328i. I SWORE all of them let you look at vehicle health through the NAV screen. I can't find things like oil level with COMAND. Can anyone else? Obviously, I can check the oil with the dipstick, but just wondering again if I'm not using COMAND correctly. Thanks!

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C300 4MATIC
1. If I remember correctly, you can reprogram your key to do it. You hold a certain key sequence. Try to search for this.

2. No I don't believe COMAND has that feature. IF something is wrong, it will show up on the Odometer display, it'll pop up and tell you, and if it's urgent it will be in red.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:52 AM

2013 W204, 2015 X204
Thanks. I got the key programmed for security unlocking.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
Transmission service at 39k miles. Make SURE the MB service drains and refills the torque convertor which takes another 2-3 quarts, should be a total of 9 quarts (or liters?) for the complete service, plus the filter.

Personally prefer the single door unlock (or when either front door is opened), unless you have children in the back. I get lots of desperate passengers trying to bail out in the double-lock position. Just hate the Honda for that, the Ford opens all doors with a pull on the driver's or passenger's lever.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:47 PM

2013 W204
I have a Keyless go option on my C250. If I touch the inside lever of the driver door, all doors unlock. I programmed it in such a way that only the driver door would unlock. Touching the inside lever of any passenger door unlocks all doors. Touch any door's outside lever locks them all.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
C204
According to the service documents, 7G Tronic Plus oil must be changed at 80k miles, not 40k.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
Transmission service at 39k miles. Make SURE the MB service drains and refills the torque convertor which takes another 2-3 quarts, should be a total of 9 quarts (or liters?) for the complete service, plus the filter.
He's talking about the 7G-Tronic Plus which uses a different fluid.

The 7G Tronic takes 8 quarts according to the bill for my trans change last week mit torque converter.

You know, the LAME-O version.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 PM

2013 W204, 2015 X204
MB requests a transmission fluid change based on ENGINE type. The U.S. spec C250 is a M271 (not sure if it's EVO - or what EVO even implies in MB-speak). The 271 is the only gas engine that doesn't require a transmission service at 40k. MB says you wait until 80k. I don't have paddle shifters, just a regular 7 speed auto. So why is MB requesting that all of us C250 CGI owners wait until 80k when they want the C300 and C350 owners to get service at 40k?

Maybe they think the lower torque and power means less wear on transmission?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:24 AM

Honda Guy
First post.

Only here so you guys can help me, help my customer.

I am a Honda Sales rep. and I took a W204 '09 C 300 4Matic in on trade, and I sold it to a gentalman.

I never did spend much time in the car; and I don't see them often (as I am a stand alone Honda dealer.) and my customer who bought it has some questions about the door locks.

Here is what he said to me.

"I had a question on the door locks on my car. Ican not figure out how to get the Driver side door to lock? The other doorslock fine with the remote. Driver side does not. It is almost like it is set toNOT lock."

I used the "search function" at the top. (I am an RC forum junkie.) and searched "09 c class door lock." and this was my best hit for a thread. sorry for re-upping it.

I am thinking that my customers issue is very similar to the way Honda used to do their door locks. As a method of preventing idiots from locking their keys in the car.... in order to lock the car with the actual switch gear on the door, WHILE the is OPEN, you needed to pull the door handle?????

THANK YOU very much for the help. like I said, I already sold the car, he emailed me this morning... I don't have the car here in front of me to get the owner's manual.

PS. to the guy that "Hates Honda for the door locks.".... hate the sales consultant who failed to explain that they are very easily programmed with a few steps, and can either unlock just the driver's door, or all doors at two different points... either when put into park(P) or when the key is turned back... or dissabled all together.

^^^That is a primamary example of why you shouldn't just grind a salesperson to a bloddy friggen pulp over the selling price. one that makes a little money, is going to work harder to keep you as a customer when it comes to the details.