C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

..To all those with modded cars..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c300/2008 335i
Cool ..To all those with modded cars..

So i have had my car for almost a month now and i have ordered a few parts. So far i have on the way a set of 19" wheels and tires, quad exhaust ypipe kit with amg diffuser, depo sidemarker lens and xpipe. I plan on removing the badges, painting the grille, and might do some upgrading in the sound department.

I have 2 mods that I am having trouble with on making a decision so i was hoping to get some feedback from you guys. I looked through all the pages of the picture thread and still can't decide. So for those of you who are far into your mods, and have modified suspension and a front lip, I'm looking for your imput.

For suspension im looking for a set of lowering springs, don't want to go all out of the coilovers. I want to go with something that will keep my stock ride as close as possible. Even if it might sacrifice the ride height, the main thing i'm looking for is to keep a comfortable ride. I would like to go pretty low but it might be hard to find a set that will give me both things. I should mention that the car is a 4matic so that might limit what is available to me.

As far as the front lip, I'm looking for something CF that is subtle. I don't like lips that stick way out and look super aggressive. Something like that won't match the look that i am going for and i find that unless the styling is super aggressive, it just doesn't match the w204 very well. So I'm looking for something sleek. I don't want to drop a huge amount of money on it, so name brand is not a huge issue. I don't need something that is true carbon fiber throughout either. It's just something that will add to the car aesthetically.

I would REALLY REALLY appreicate anyones help with this. Please share if you know of a product that will fit well for what i'm looking for. If you can post pics that would be awesome but if not just a product suggestion and manufactuer would really help me out a lot. I can finish doing research on it.

Also if there are any other cool or unique mods you guys think i should look into, please let me know! As far as this car goes, I am not looking for any performance modifications, just mostly exterior mods.

Last edited by funkedelic; 01-06-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 AM

2011 W204 C300 mm pano
Gary on here sales the hc style lip but check out jl-motoring they have pics of a few other ones. And I like the back up camera as a useful mod I have it done. as for lowering can help you there cause of being a 4 matic and I have coil overs.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
Reading your requirements regarding lowering I'd just as soon tell you to save your money. If you really must lower and wanna keep to your requirements then go hr sports or eibach in stock shocks, once they go out switch to bilstein shocks.

As for lips, there is an abundance of name brand and replica all over the internet, just choose whats your style and price range.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E350
I have the Euroteck front lip and I got mine painted 040 black to match the car and it looks like its a stock part. Very subtle but makes the front end looks much meaner. As for suspension, may I recommend you save for coils as having infinitely adjustable ride height is such a huge plus when it comes to dialing in the look and feel of the car. In my experience my coils ride better than my stock sport suspension did but I found a friends H&R SS springs to be a much stiffer ride than stock. Going with just sport springs is a waste if money IMO because you don't really lower the car much at all. A member is selling a set of H&R coils in like new condition right now. I've dealt with him and if you have $1000 if grab them. Just my opinion
Old 01-06-2013, 03:18 PM

2010 c300/2008 335i
Thank you guys for the suggestions so far. What do you guys think about the eibach pro springs? I think it lowers it more then the h&r sports and I have heard its close to stock? I might have to consider coilovers but would like to save some money as I probably won't keep the car more then 2-3 years.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C200 CGI
We have a suspension thread with pics, I think you should look there to determine which will be best for you.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 AM

2010 c300/2008 335i
Thanks for the tip. I looked through that entire thread. I am going to order a set of h&r sports with 5mm pads for my car. As far as the lip, might just run without one until I find something I really like
Old 01-07-2013, 02:16 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
There aren't any coilovers for 4matic I believe. You'll just have to go with springs. H&R Sport springs will give you a mild drop. Super Sports will give you a better drop, but I don't believe they're recommended by H&R for 4matics.

JL, JPSpeed, Suvneer, and DCT are all decent choices for cheap front lips, so just take a look at what they offer and go with the design you like. There should be enough installed pics spread around the forums to give you enough views to make a decision.