C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2014 C-Class Euro Delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350
2014 C-Class Euro Delivery

I own a gorgeous 2008 C350 with about 37k miles. I bought it CPO when it was just barely a toddler. The CPO warranty expires in June.

The wife leans toward the GLK, but I think there's even money that we'll buy another C-Class.

I saw the 2014 write-up today (https://mbworld.org/articles/mercede...ecs-disclosed/) and I'm starting to think about timing.

I'm not too interested in owning the car without warranty coverage. The 2008 has proven remarkably reliable, but it still concerns me. I've had one minor issue with a "jackhammering" RR door lock a couple years ago but that's it. Of course, we haven't driven her hard or put a lot of miles on her (though I do drive her fast. More than once I've maxed her out at 135MPH).

I have a lot of research to do on the best dealership to go with for the ED. I bought this car in Sarasota before moving here to San Francisco so I don't really have a dealer here. So I want to find one that has a salesperson experienced with Euro Delivery. We've racked-up enough Avios points thru the Chase British Airways credit card bonuses for first class airfare for the trip for just a few hundred bucks out of pocket and we're looking forward to a truly special European excursion.

Does anybody have any thoughts on:

1) Dealerships in the Bay Area with an experienced ED guy?
2) When I can I place the order for the 2014 C if we go with that instead of the GLK?
3) Any idea when I could pick up her up? Fall could be gorgeous. Winter is a no-go for obvious reasons.
4) Lease vs Buy? We don't put a lot of miles on her, we live in the city. I've never leased before.

I know that's a lot of ground. Just wanted to see if anybody had any insight. I'll research each of those items more thoroughly in the coming months.

Shane
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C300 Luxury P1 w/Multimedia, Arctic White
I would LOVE to do the Euro delivery program. That's the way i'd go....
Old 01-08-2013, 06:20 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by encoder
I own a gorgeous 2008 C350 with about 37k miles. I bought it CPO when it was just barely a toddler. The CPO warranty expires in June.

The wife leans toward the GLK, but I think there's even money that we'll buy another C-Class.

I saw the 2014 write-up today (https://mbworld.org/articles/mercede...ecs-disclosed/) and I'm starting to think about timing.

I'm not too interested in owning the car without warranty coverage. The 2008 has proven remarkably reliable, but it still concerns me. I've had one minor issue with a "jackhammering" RR door lock a couple years ago but that's it. Of course, we haven't driven her hard or put a lot of miles on her (though I do drive her fast. More than once I've maxed her out at 135MPH).

I have a lot of research to do on the best dealership to go with for the ED. I bought this car in Sarasota before moving here to San Francisco so I don't really have a dealer here. So I want to find one that has a salesperson experienced with Euro Delivery. We've racked-up enough Avios points thru the Chase British Airways credit card bonuses for first class airfare for the trip for just a few hundred bucks out of pocket and we're looking forward to a truly special European excursion.

Does anybody have any thoughts on:

1) Dealerships in the Bay Area with an experienced ED guy?
2) When I can I place the order for the 2014 C if we go with that instead of the GLK?
3) Any idea when I could pick up her up? Fall could be gorgeous. Winter is a no-go for obvious reasons.
4) Lease vs Buy? We don't put a lot of miles on her, we live in the city. I've never leased before.

I know that's a lot of ground. Just wanted to see if anybody had any insight. I'll research each of those items more thoroughly in the coming months.

Shane
You are overlooking the fact that the W205 will be built in Alabama. Whether MB will also build cars in Germany for the US market (and thus factory delivery) is completely unknown at this point. Plenty of uninformed speculation is likely.

Last edited by RLE; 01-08-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:53 PM

2013 C350C4M
Currently: 13C350C4M –drives nice, like the suspension & brakes. Sport mode only increases revs of shifting but not really more agile… Need to play more with it after break-in period.
330 Hp for V6 will be great, sure.
My recommendations for light changes on C & E class '14:
Interior:
-cruise control left lever - get rid of it, interferes with the useful functions of signal-lights-wipers, and place some buttons on the left of the steering wheel, under the audio buttons.
-the dials marks - change the style to a bit more discrete / thinner needles
-speedometer, dual Km / Mi please + digi setting to choose unit system
-Navi - only in $4K package? Separate option / post delivery would be nice. Heard of it but could not find it online.
-silverish dials, accents: provide a black trim option. Same for the exterior.
-3.5l V6 non turbo... does it really have to use only premium gas? At least allow silver too (like bmw)
-Looking forward to the C hybrid version in '15. Solar panel on the back of the roof? A C hybrid coupe?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350
Originally Posted by RLE
You are overlooking the fact that the W205 will be built in Alabama. Whether MB will also build cars in Germany for the US market (and thus factory delivery) is completely unknown at this point. Plenty of uninformed speculation is likely.
Ha! Love it.

Yes, I am overlooking that. When I was a more active member here (the year or so after I bought the car and before I got married ) I remember the discussion that the next C would be made state-side. Completely forgot about it.

Euro delivery is appealing to us 1) As an adventure and 2) Seems pretty cool to drive our brand new Mercedes around Europe for a month. But I have no issue buying an American-made C Class.

That settles it! Alabama Delivery! I'll get to drive around the redneck riviera
Old 01-09-2013, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
The 3.0 twin turbo sounds promising. I might get that or c63 amg.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 AM

2015 C300
Originally Posted by encoder
Ha! Love it.

Yes, I am overlooking that. When I was a more active member here (the year or so after I bought the car and before I got married ) I remember the discussion that the next C would be made state-side. Completely forgot about it.

Euro delivery is appealing to us 1) As an adventure and 2) Seems pretty cool to drive our brand new Mercedes around Europe for a month. But I have no issue buying an American-made C Class.

That settles it! Alabama Delivery! I'll get to drive around the redneck riviera
I did a Euro-Delivery for my 2012 C, and it was AMAZING. We can discuss my experience if you would like... but I do want to comment on the Alabama thing.

While I was ordering, my dealer told me he had been in Stuttgart and one day saw a could MLs come out of the delivery center. When he inquired, he found out that supposedly you can do a factory pick-up of a state-side made car in Europe. Wasn't sure if it would cost more to ship to Europe and then back, but I guess it's still a possibility.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by mike_c
-cruise control left lever - get rid of it, interferes with the useful functions of signal-lights-wipers, and place some buttons on the left of the steering wheel, under the audio buttons.
Ugh, God no... no cruise buttons on the wheel.

The Cruise Control stalk has been a Mercedes hallmark for years. They changed it (and ruined it, IMO) on the 2013 C and the new M because people complained the old one was too easy to hit when reaching for the turn signal (how I do not know - it took me 5 minutes of driving to not do this).
Old 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
Ugh, God no... no cruise buttons on the wheel.

The Cruise Control stalk has been a Mercedes hallmark for years. They changed it (and ruined it, IMO) on the 2013 C and the new M because people complained the old one was too easy to hit when reaching for the turn signal (how I do not know - it took me 5 minutes of driving to not do this).
I've never hit cruise control by mistake before. They are so far apart... If you place your hand on 9 o clock position you'll have to stretch your index finger to hit cruise control
Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by snowmuch
I've never hit cruise control by mistake before. They are so far apart... If you place your hand on 9 o clock position you'll have to stretch your index finger to hit cruise control
Way back in the '70s magazine road testers were whining about the cruise control stalk position confusing them, poor things. This was a silly complaint then and still is. When I had a C250 service loaner (what a dog!) a few weeks ago I cursed the new location of the CC stalk. No longer can it be lightly moved by the index finger.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by RLE
When I had a C250 service loaner (what a dog!)
Funny that that dog with more torque is posting better 0-60 numbers on average than your C300

Let's not let this thread get off topic with a pissing match.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by RLE
Way back in the '70s magazine road testers were whining about the cruise control stalk position confusing them, poor things. This was a silly complaint then and still is. When I had a C250 service loaner (what a dog!) a few weeks ago I cursed the new location of the CC stalk. No longer can it be lightly moved by the index finger.
I have no idea what you are trying to say, say hi to your dog for me.