C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Intro: Just bought an '09 c350, some questions too

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 C350
Intro: Just bought an '09 c350, some questions too

Hello everyone. New W204 owner here. Just picked up a very clean Steel Gray '09 C350 29k miles P2 MM AMG Pano roof. Drove out to Chicago to pick it up and drove it all the way back to metro Detroit. I need to clean up all the auction stickers, give it a good wash and will post pics.I'm taking it to my Indy sometime next week for all fluid changes. Read through the trans flush threads and that's the first thing I want done, even though I'm only at 30k. It will also give him a chance to look it over and see anything major I should take it in, while it's still under warranty. I do have a few questions though:

1. Where do I get smoked side markers . The clears don't look good on SG and the r shaped LED ones are extremely ricey.
2. Fog Lights, one is cracked. Already ordered Lamin-x but will need a new drivers side. Anyone found a cheaper place than the dealer?
3. VIN Decoder, I want to see a list of all my options, but none of the ones in the threads here seem to be working anymore.
4. C63 AMG rear diffuser, who has it for a more reasonable price than the dealer? All I can find are eBay ones in CF and I have a strong dislike for anything CF that's not used for its intended purpose.
5. Better steering wheel, I saw a member mention a Steering wheel that's almost the same as the C63 one, but reuses the original sport Airbag. Can't find that thread anymore.
6. Body colored covers for the front bumper after I remove the front license plate holder. That's the major issue with the car
7. COMMAND update. The last service listed on the car shows a radio service and a diff reseal. I do have the birds eye view, so does that mean I have the latest version of the command software? Also, how can I check my Maps version and what's the latest one?

I think that's it for now. I'll update this with pics of the w204, but for now my E39 that's going up for sale soon.

Intro: Just bought an '09 c350, some questions too-nv7zlnt.jpg
Old 02-12-2013, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Hi there!

Congrats on the new ride!

I can help with 1, 3, and 4.

1)For the sidemarkers, searching ebay is the way to go. I bought a set of smoked lens and recently I switched out to the LED style ones. Bought them both of ebay.

3)For the VIN decoding, I know there are people on this forum (or the C63 section for sure) that can look up your VIN for you.

4) I don't know how long you're willing to wait or how much you want to pay but I am going to be getting a carbon fiber diffuser for my C63 soon (honestly, could be anytime between now and end of June) and will have mine for sale.

Good luck with everything!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM

'09 C350
Thank you. Can't find any smoked ones on ebay currently. Only smoked ones I find are with an ugly chrome surround around them. As for the diffuser, please let me know when you're getting rid of it. I'm not in a hurry and I'll most likely buy it from you.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by vipsa
Thank you. Can't find any smoked ones on ebay currently. Only smoked ones I find are with an ugly chrome surround around them. As for the diffuser, please let me know when you're getting rid of it. I'm not in a hurry and I'll most likely buy it from you.
Sure thing. I did an ebay search and like you said, smoked ones are hard to come by right now for some reason even though i know a couple months back there was more than enough to choose from.

I am just waiting for some funds to free up to get the CF one and then we can go from there. If you want to PM a reasonable offer I can allocate that toward the CF diffuser in a sense and will probably speed up my purchase
Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C300 Sport Palladium Silver & 2012 GLK350 4matic Black
3. VIN Decoder, I want to see a list of all my options, but none of the ones in the threads here seem to be working anymore.
Sign up with MB EPC Net Online - its free when you have a US credit card. It will show you all your options based on VIN plus it is also a convenient way to find part numbers.
https://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/welcome.jsp
7. COMMAND update. The last service listed on the car shows a radio service and a diff reseal. I do have the birds eye view, so does that mean I have the latest version of the command software? Also, how can I check my Maps version Under NAVI, scroll down to find an option for MAP Version and what's the latest one unsure if V10 is still the latest, maybe ask the nearest MB dealer?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
I think it's my thread you are searching for on the steering wheel. For the short story, here's the link to the seller:

http://www.ecklersmbzparts.com/merce...teering+Wheels

If you need a dealer, MB of Novi is the best around here. The best indy shop by far is MotorWorks, not that far from you, just where Walnut Lake Road meets Pontiac Trail in Commerce....facing the huge WalMart.

I did get a CF diffuser, but painted it body color for better appearance. Would that help you not think about it being made of CF?

Last edited by Sportstick; 02-13-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 AM

'09 C350
Thank you for the info.
As for the best Indy I'll disagree about MotorWekrs. I've worked with them and actually helped a friend of mine buy an E39 from them, but their prices on service are actually pretty high. Nice shop and all, but Stefan at German Motor Werks by my house in Waterford is by far the best Indy in the area and his prices are VERY fair. But we're going OT and all of that is mostly personal preference anyway.

Any pictures of the painted diffuser? I don't know how I would feel about that either. Also, who do you use for paint locally? I'm looking for the mudflaps that wrap around and I think it was you who had them color matched. I fear my front bumper will need work on it after I remove the plate holder.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Thank you for the info.
As for the best Indy I'll disagree about MotorWekrs. I've worked with them and actually helped a friend of mine buy an E39 from them, but their prices on service are actually pretty high. Nice shop and all, but Stefan at German Motor Werks by my house in Waterford is by far the best Indy in the area and his prices are VERY fair. But we're going OT and all of that is mostly personal preference anyway.

Any pictures of the painted diffuser? I don't know how I would feel about that either. Also, who do you use for paint locally? I'm looking for the mudflaps that wrap around and I think it was you who had them color matched. I fear my front bumper will need work on it after I remove the plate holder.

MotorWorks does all of my painting.....painting the CF really annoyed some folks. But, we put it in design position as is, and the darkness caused all the surface interest to disappear. Painted a thankfully lighter bodycolor really made it much more visible.

The mud flaps are from HiTech, which is a British company. Availability has been spotty, but they show up on eBay sometimes through a vendor in Australia. MW painted them too.....

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...d-flapped.html
Old 02-20-2013, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
4. C63 AMG rear diffuser, who has it for a more reasonable price than the dealer? All I can find are eBay ones in CF and I have a strong dislike for anything CF that's not used for its intended purpose.

I have one for sale - used one year before replaced it with a Eurotek then an Arkym if youre interested. Pre LCI - off my 2009 c63.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 AM

C300, 330i, MDX
2. Fog Lights, one is cracked. Already ordered Lamin-x but will need a new drivers side. Anyone found a cheaper place than the dealer?

Try this one: http://www.thepartsbin.com/repsite/m...t~reparts.html
Old 02-21-2013, 03:17 AM

2010 c300/2008 335i
I got an authentic hella fog light from eBay for a little under $200 shipped to Canada. If your only going to replace one I would go oem so they match and prefer glass over a plastic lens.

I would try to get color matched side markers. I hear evo sport has them.

Last edited by funkedelic; 02-21-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 AM

'09 C350
Originally Posted by funkedelic
I got an authentic hella fog light from eBay for a little under $200 shipped to Canada. If your only going to replace one I would go oem so they match and prefer glass over a plastic lens.

I would try to get color matched side markers. I hear evo sport has them.
Thanks. Looks like partsbin does have them for about $90.
As for evosport, they're asking $150 for their painted side markers. They look like the clear depos, just sprayed over. If you already have the clears, or even the smoked ones, just buy a can of your color code from Automotivetouchup.com for $20 and spray them yourself. I've used them before and they match the paint code perfectly.