C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Found a way to get music stream over BT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220
Found a way to get music stream over BT

I week ago we got or first Benz, a 2008 C220. The car does have BT for phone use but was not able to stream music from my iPhone. It also lacks MM or iPhone connectivity.

I searched for a simple solution to stream music from my iPhone and I came across this. I am not sure if this has been posted before, but I was not able to find it in this forum so here it goes.

I read I could use two BT devices at the same time as long as they used different services (you cant have music stream to 2 BT devices at the same time but you can have calls sent to the car headunit and music streamed to a receiver).

I already had my phone paired and sent all my contacts to the car and worked great. I did not want to loose that functionality and although I could always connect the iPhone with a cable to the glove box jack, I wanted a more elegant wireless way to do it.

I tried a samsung HM3700 bluetooth receiver which connects to the audio jack on the glove box and stays out from view. The most beautiful part is how well it works, I was afraid that both the music and calls would get mixed up, but they didn't. The iPhone sends all the calls to the car head unit keeping the same functionality as before, while the music is only streamed to the BT receiver.

The best part is that these adapters are cheap. You can get one for $25 in ebay

Hope this is of some help to someone looking for a simple way to stream music from you iphone to the c-class.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Nice how was the sound quality? I have a note 2 using aux right now. The sound quality is already bad enough compared to my iphone 5.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C300 Sport
I posted this a while back. Glad to see it's of use. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ontroller.html