C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Driver's Seat??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
Anyone know how to get the black and white connectors unplugged without breaking or cutting them?
Old 11-08-2019, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by Kaela MB
Anyone know how to get the black and white connectors unplugged without breaking or cutting them?
The black connector is attached to the white so you need to remove them together. I tried using a very tiny flat screw driver to losen them from the main connector at the same time.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:53 PM

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
2008 C-230 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by aznmode
The black connector is attached to the white so you need to remove them together. I tried using a very tiny flat screw driver to losen them from the main connector at the same time.
I am doing this right now and am being held up with the clips. I just went to the local MB dealership and their tech says to just yank them out hard and that is how they do it. I swear my fingernails feel like they are pulling out even with gloves. Those clips wont budge and part of the black one broke.

I think one of those plastic, car fuse pullers may work to get both out at the same time but I don't have one..

Last edited by Colin G; 11-08-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 glk350
Can you tell me how you were able to take the black and white plugs out of the socket. I m in the middle of the repair and I do not want to cut the wires.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C300 Luxury
Sorry if this is late, but I think I just pulled them out together and did break one of the retention features. No matter--it's pretty secure when plugged back in. Not a user-friendly connector!
Old 08-20-2021, 11:33 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 C250 Luxury
Reviving an older thread, since my wife's '14 C250 has a split seam on the driver's seat cushion.

Originally Posted by IGB
For future reference, and while the seat adjustment controls are on opposite sides, those controls are attached to the frame and not the seat cushion. This means that a passenger side bottom cushion will work just right for the driver side bottom cushion. The only difference is that you are going to have the "occupant sensor module" (which I circled in red in post 12 above) that you don't need for the driver side but it will not get in the way.

And since the driver side cushion is used every time the car is driven, and yet the passenger side cushion is used less often, when looking for a used seat on (for example) eBay, don't limit yourself to just those listings that are for "driver seat" bottom cushion... A passenger seat bottom cushion will work just as well for the driver side.
If I'm understanding this correctly, does this mean that the driver and passenger lower cushion covers are interchangeable? There's a C300 in the u-pull-it yard not too far from me, I'm thinking I could go grab just the seat cover and use that to fix the driver seat on her car. (Assuming, of course, that it's in good shape. Can't see it in the 1 interior pic online.) Should cost under $10 for the cover, according to the junkyard's part pricing.

Just called the local dealer, they want $445 for the OEM cover.
The following users liked this post:
CYYZ_6MT (06-19-2022)
Old 08-21-2021, 06:56 PM
IGB

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
'08 C300 MM Pano
Originally Posted by AAIIIC
If I'm understanding this correctly, does this mean that the driver and passenger lower cushion covers are interchangeable?.
Yes, If I remember correctly, both bottom cushion on both front seats have the same part number. At least for the MY2008 C-Class. Not sure if the seats changed any on the 2014!

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
There's a C300 in the u-pull-it yard not too far from me, I'm thinking I could go grab just the seat cover and use that to fix the driver seat on her car. (Assuming, of course, that it's in good shape. Can't see it in the 1 interior pic online.) Should cost under $10 for the cover, according to the junkyard's part pricing.
If you're gonna pull a part like that, you would be well advised to spend a little more to get both, the seat cushion AND the cover. Trying to get a cover to properly sit over these cushion will be a highly frustrating experience.

Old 08-22-2021, 12:59 PM

2014 C250 Luxury
Yeah, probably prudent to just grab the whole lower cushion if I elect to go that route. With that said, at this point I'm leaning towards just buying a cover off Ebay for ~$200. It's about a 2-hr round trip to the junkyard to perhaps find out the passenger cushion/cover is in bad shape or maybe not even there.

I just looked at the '14 C-class brochure online, and it seems like her car may have leather seats, not MBTex. In the pictures of the various interior trim options it says, "Almond Beige/Mocha MB-Tex (Sedans) or leather (Luxury Sedans)" - her car is a Luxury. I had assumed it was MBTex since that was what I had seen discussed here on the forum, and it's the same perforated style. It being leather rather than MBTex would explain why the dealer quoted such a high price compared to what others have mentioned in this thread and others.
Old 11-11-2021, 09:40 PM

2007 S550
Help!

Originally Posted by theramman
Seeing as there has been no response to this thread, I went ahead and tried the repair on my own. I ordered a new seat bottom cover from the dealer ($298Cdn taxes included) and was ready to try.
1. move the seat into a position where you can remove the plastic cover over where the seatbelt bolts on to the seat frame. I was able to remove it with no tools by simply pulling the top of the piece gently towards the door opening and it will begin to unsnap.
2. Move the seat all the way forward and remove the 2 bolts holding the seat frame to the floor.
3. Move the seat all the way back and remove the 2 bolts holding the seat frame to the floor.
4. Make sure you lower the head rest all the way down and position the seat around the middle of the track. This will make it easier to remove the seat from the vehicle.
5. Un-do the battery and wait a few minutes. If the battery is left connected you may end up with "SRS Fault" and you will be making a trip to the dealer to reset this.
6. Lean the seat back against the rear seat and remove the cable connections.
7. Remove the seat.
8. Lay the seat down flat on the back and you will find 2 torx bolts holding on 2 U shaped clamps. Once these are off and the seat heater plug is removed from the holder, you can remove the entire bottom fo the seat, foam and all.
9. You dont need any tools to remove the old cover or to put on the new cover, just strong fingers.

On a side note, I did it exactly this way. I may have been able to just remove the 2 torx bolts and the U shaped clamps and taken the seat bottom off of the frame without doing all the other steps but I couldnt tell how it all came apart due to the lack of space and seeing what was under there. Im sure with the right torx socket it would be possible. It was 2 hours total but if you could just undo the 2 bolts and the U clamps, it would have been 20 minutes tops.
Im glad the seat now looks brand new and I saved myself the 3 hours the dealer quoted me on changing it for me.

Maybe add this to the "How to" section??
I know this is an old post. I’m changing the bladders on the bottom drivers seat. I see the two U shape clamps you speak of. It has one long screw on each, but the nut is not a torx nut. I have never seen a nut like this. I will post pics.

Please help!

Last edited by Jay76; 11-11-2021 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:17 PM

2007 S550
Found air leak

I found the air leak under the drivers seat. After repair those the existing code need to cleared?
Old 05-09-2022, 01:00 AM

2014 C250 Luxury
Has anyone done the cover swap with an aftermarket cover, and successfully transferred over the seat heater?

I bought a cover off Ebay for my wife's '14 C250 Luxury. There are a couple of different vendors selling them on Ebay; mine came from US Auto Nation - https://www.ebay.com/itm/265040324979. The listing says, "Modification Description: Must have the original heating element transfer to the new cover," and, "Non Heated: Heater element will not be included". Now that I've taken the stock cover off the driver's seat and can actually see what I'm working with, I'm thinking that transferring the heating element is easier said than done.

As you can see in the pics, the heater elements run along the bottom of the foam on the underside of the cover, held in place by some sort of fabric tape. At the ends, the foam is actually cut and the wire runs up into the foam. I don't know where it goes from there. Logically, in order for it to act as a heater element, current has to flow through it, but I can't tell how the circuit is completed - I can't feel if the wiring runs through the foam to connect to the other end of the heater element?

Stock seat cover on the left, US Auto Nation cover on the right. You can see the seat heater wiring running under the fabric tape on the stock cover.

Front corner of the stock cover, peeling the tape back a little to see where the seat heater wiring goes.

Rear corner of the stock cover, peeling the tape back a bit to see where the seat heater wiring goes.
The following users liked this post:
dbogey (02-18-2024)
Old 02-18-2024, 05:51 PM

C300
AAIIIC,
Did you manage to get that C250 seat cover heating element successfully transferred from the OEM to the aftermarket cover? I'm looking at doing my wife's C300 cover in the next few weeks and I would appreciate any suggestions or advice in how you managed to get the element moved from one cover to the other.

Thanks,
DB
Old 02-18-2024, 06:41 PM

2014 C250 Luxury
Originally Posted by dbogey
AAIIIC,
Did you manage to get that C250 seat cover heating element successfully transferred from the OEM to the aftermarket cover? I'm looking at doing my wife's C300 cover in the next few weeks and I would appreciate any suggestions or advice in how you managed to get the element moved from one cover to the other.

Thanks,
DB
No, I couldn't see how to do it, so I broke down and bought an OE Mercedes seat cover and installed that. I should've just torn apart the old seat cover to figure out how the heater wiring was routed, but at the time I was still thinking I might just get the original cover fixed at an upholstery shop, so I didn't want to destroy it.

Unfortunately, I threw the old cover away once I installed the new one, otherwise I'd offer to send it to you to see if you could figure it out. Looking at my old pics I'm kind of kicking myself that I didn't do a little more investigating to figure it out.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:55 PM

C300
I found this youtube video that makes sense to me and I think would work... It's not super simple, but it seems logical.