C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Ecu in toronto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c230
Originally Posted by serialize
Hey, I might be interested also. I have a 2009 C230 2.5 4Matic also.

- I'm going to buy another 2 years of extended warranty, and want to know how does this effect the warranty also?
- Any word on what's the group-buy price for this ECU flash/tune?
- Finally, does this tune help the laggy transmission shift in any way to improve it (and I don't mean 0-60 which isn't really that bad on the C230 2.5. I mean the the super slow downshift for rolling acceleration after braking that is horrible on this car. You brake from 140 down to 90 and it's still in 7th gear trying to accelerate like snails pace).

Thanks for any info.
Unfortunately the group but is done. Last week, was the last opportunity to get it. Mike from eurocharged is gone to Japan for a month. When he gets back I'm sure you can talk to him and see what he can do for pricing.

As for the warrenty it will not affect it. I as well have an extended warrenty.

I had my 230 2.5 done and it is a world of difference. The main reason for me was lag and low tourque. Feels stronger than a 300. Exact specs I'm not sure. I'm hoping to dyno soon. Now also the difference between mine and yours is mine is standard. I think it's well worth the money since that's the only performance mod available for the 230
Old 04-30-2013, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
Only way to get a substantial performance improvement (0 to 60 time) is to tackle the REAL problem, the crappy 7G-tronic, which is universally lambasted in the auto press as LAME. The high-5-second 0 to 60 times of the 2010 328i 3.0L vs. the 2010 C300 which has MORE HP and MORE torque than the BMW, is entirely due to the 7G. Compare the recently tested 7.6 sec. 0 to 60 time of the C250 vs. the 2.0L BMW 328i's 6.2 secs. All in the horrible 7G performance.

Here are two links, about the 7G illness and a solution of replacing the valve bodies and upgrade for the TCU, for a huge performance increase without touching the ECU. Developed for the C63, it can be performed on all 7G W204 models:

http://luxurycarmagazine.com/a-solut...onic-troubles/

http://www.weistec.com/7229vb.html
Old 04-30-2013, 02:48 PM

79 300SEL
Originally Posted by WoOZY
Maybe you can go into Manual mode for auto (assuming it has it) or get Sprintbooster...
From what I've read, and heard, this does all that the sprintbooster does and much more. makes sense, if you're reflashing the fuel maps and what not then no need for the sprintbooster.

I'm just wondering if these maps address the transmission programming in anyway to imporve the slow shifts.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:56 PM

79 300SEL
Originally Posted by 6-speed
Unfortunately the group but is done. Last week, was the last opportunity to get it. Mike from eurocharged is gone to Japan for a month. When he gets back I'm sure you can talk to him and see what he can do for pricing.

As for the warrenty it will not affect it. I as well have an extended warrenty.

I had my 230 2.5 done and it is a world of difference. The main reason for me was lag and low tourque. Feels stronger than a 300. Exact specs I'm not sure. I'm hoping to dyno soon. Now also the difference between mine and yours is mine is standard. I think it's well worth the money since that's the only performance mod available for the 230
Thanks for the reply 6Speed.
Yeah i would definitely like to see what the difference with this will be and I'm quite optimistic (I've done ECU reflash on my motorcycles with very positive imporvements).
I've check with Mike when he gets back and see if he would honour group buy late request for the pricing. If not maybe see if he would be interested in a 2nd group buy.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:05 PM

79 300SEL
Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
Only way to get a substantial performance improvement (0 to 60 time) is to tackle the REAL problem, the crappy 7G-tronic, which is universally lambasted in the auto press as LAME. The high-5-second 0 to 60 times of the 2010 328i 3.0L vs. the 2010 C300 which has MORE HP and MORE torque than the BMW, is entirely due to the 7G. Compare the recently tested 7.6 sec. 0 to 60 time of the C250 vs. the 2.0L BMW 328i's 6.2 secs. All in the horrible 7G performance.

Here are two links, about the 7G illness and a solution of replacing the valve bodies and upgrade for the TCU, for a huge performance increase without touching the ECU. Developed for the C63, it can be performed on all 7G W204 models:

Thanks for the links.
Good reading. This is a very expensive mod though, and I'm pretty sure will void any warranty or good faith with the dealer.
I wonder if this is the same as the suggested free dealer software upgrade to get when doing B service and flushing the 7G ?
Old 04-30-2013, 03:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 slk 32 amg, 2013 c300 4matic sport
Are you sure a ecu tune does not void warranty?? I heard it would automatically void it on the forums
Old 04-30-2013, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 Sport
@serialize: Software update for the 7G-Tronic (Pre-mid 2010 MY) is free, just ask. The 7G works at first fabulously as the TCU flash erases the stupid Adaptive Learning, which starts to degenerate performance, unfortunately, at the very first traffic light, stop sign or city traffic, and in about 2 hours the 7G is back to being a garden slug. The Weistec permanently lobotomizes the Adaptive Learning, it is Track Day 24/7.

@xjaymzzx: Some tuners claim that their ECU tune stays in the flash memory, and does not void the warranty, frankly I do not know. The 7G Weistec solution is invasive and would of course void the transmission warranty. Since my warranty ends in 9 months, the 7G modification will be the first done, as the several-second lag in downshifts is a huge SAFETY issue, most driving in the region is two-lane twisty mountain roads where passing is the norm. As BMW proves with the huge performance leap in 0 to 60 times despite about 10% less HP and torque, the C300 has more than adequate power, just that the 7G destroys delivery through poor programming, disk slippage and that horribly stupid Adaptive Learning scheme.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:08 PM

79 300SEL
@serialize: Software update for the 7G-Tronic (Pre-mid 2010 MY) is free, just ask. The 7G works at first fabulously as the TCU flash erases the stupid Adaptive Learning, which starts to degenerate performance, unfortunately, at the very first traffic light, stop sign or city traffic, and in about 2 hours the 7G is back to being a garden slug. The Weistec permanently lobotomizes the Adaptive Learning, it is Track Day 24/7.

@xjaymzzx: Some tuners claim that their ECU tune stays in the flash memory, and does not void the warranty, frankly I do not know. The 7G Weistec solution is invasive and would of course void the transmission warranty. Since my warranty ends in 9 months, the 7G modification will be the first done, as the several-second lag in downshifts is a huge SAFETY issue, most driving in the region is two-lane twisty mountain roads where passing is the norm. As BMW proves with the huge performance leap in 0 to 60 times despite about 10% less HP and torque, the C300 has more than adequate power, just that the 7G destroys delivery through poor programming, disk slippage and that horribly stupid Adaptive Learning scheme.
This is great info Acapulco Bill. Thank you.
Lot's to think about for me. I am renewing my extended warranty for another 2 years as of this month so I suppose I have plenty of time to decide and won't rush into anything for the time being because I do not want to compromise the warranty in any way (parts for these cars cost WAY too much to pay out of pocket without warranty).

I beleive I will reserch more on the Weistec as this sounds like the solution I'm most interested in, to eliminate the crappy transmission laggy-ness. Hosepower gain from the fuel map is also something I would like to get and might consider both, but my primary concern is the delay and responsiveness. Putting it into prespective as a permanent solution it makes sense to fork over the big bucks but to have a permanent solution.

Thanks again for all in the info and replies everyone. Lot's to think about now.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:45 PM

c300 sport rwd DHP

Ok so who is going to try this mod to see if it works , Has anyone done this mode yet on a c300 or c350 ?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 Sport
Remapping the accelerator with a Sprintbooster or other clip-on does not void the warranty, so if "throttle response" is desired, this is one avenue. However the throttle can be reset in the W204, personally I prefer to depress the accelerator pedal only half-way, the computer then resets this position as full throttle. Here is a thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...-tcu-help.html

However, this does NOT affect 7G performance much. This was worsened with the 2011 MY because the kickdown switch was eliminated !!! The Delta (change in position of the accelerator) is only one of 7 inputs to the TCU, so while marginally improving the 7G's "response", the main problems are 1) having the 7G make up its mind that a shift needs to be performed and 2) the actual valve and clutch mechanism topology is stupid. Here is another thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...nsmission.html

There is another thread on the K (clutch) and B (brake) plate topology, which clearly explains symptoms like 3rd to 4th gear jerkiness, the entire logic of the 7G defies explanation. BMW, Audi and even Hyundai and Ford have better topologies, which results in quicker and more accurate shifts.

Dual-clutch transmissions effectively eliminate this problem, look to the CLA250 or next W205 to MBs solution to the terrible 7G design flaws.

Last edited by Acapulco Bill; 04-30-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 Sport
@jimmy k: suggest you contact your nearest Weistec authorized shop and ask for some testimonials. Many C63's have been done as the mod prevents premature transmission failure by properly increasing the pressure available to the K and B plates.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:26 PM

c300 sport rwd DHP
@jimmy k: suggest you contact your nearest Weistec authorized shop and ask for some testimonials. Many C63's have been done as the mod prevents premature transmission failure by properly increasing the pressure available to the K and B plates.
'

I will contact them for sure. Im in Canada so searching for someone close to home, there is a shop that deals with Kleemann, I emailed them as well to see what they think, I think the mod is worth it, if it solves the problem
Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 Sport
Here is a MB graphic which shows the inherent malady of the 7G. BMW, Audi and Dual-clutch transmissions have a "ladder" configuration, which alternate between an active Clutch and Brake (planetary gear rotation or impediment), which causes precise and rapid shifts, not sequencing 3 consecutive shifts through braking and accelerating successive planetary gear sets which is inherently SLOW by its engineering design.
Attached Thumbnails Ecu in toronto-7gshifttopology.jpg  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 Sport
More nerdy 7G stuff

Here are three more pages, the first is the location of the TCU (named FTC for Full transmission control unit) labeled Y3/Bn4 plus sensors for input, output and load rotation of the gear sets.

The second is the TCU's algorithm for determine IF a shift should be performed, also taking into consideration the YAW unit signals, combined with -

The third graphic, which is all the engine control information bus (CAN) which controls the ECU, of which part is fed into the TCU, and you wonder why it takes SO long to make a shift?

May be off-thread, but if we are talking about tuning the ECU for "performance", it is important to understand why, or more importantly why NOT, an ECU tune will benefit the W204 enthusiast.
Attached Thumbnails Ecu in toronto-722.9.1.jpg   Ecu in toronto-722.9.2.jpg   Ecu in toronto-722.9.3.jpg  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 PM

c300 sport rwd DHP
Here are three more pages, the first is the location of the TCU (named FTC for Full transmission control unit) labeled Y3/Bn4 plus sensors for input, output and load rotation of the gear sets.

The second is the TCU's algorithm for determine IF a shift should be performed, also taking into consideration the YAW unit signals, combined with -

The third graphic, which is all the engine control information bus (CAN) which controls the ECU, of which part is fed into the TCU, and you wonder why it takes SO long to make a shift?

May be off-thread, but if we are talking about tuning the ECU for "performance", it is important to understand why, or more importantly why NOT, an ECU tune will benefit the W204 enthusiast.
The eurocharge Tune helped the car, Note, I do not notice a difference unless its in sport mode. But revs higher ,shifts faster, that is for sure, As far as gaining hp, I can say yes to butt dyno, but who knows for sure. The tcu needs to be upgraded that is for sure, I am seriously looking into this and will get it done some time soon.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 AM

2008 c230
Originally Posted by serialize
Thanks for the reply 6Speed.
Yeah i would definitely like to see what the difference with this will be and I'm quite optimistic (I've done ECU reflash on my motorcycles with very positive imporvements).
I've check with Mike when he gets back and see if he would honour group buy late request for the pricing. If not maybe see if he would be interested in a 2nd group buy.

Just let him know you were talking to me.

acapulco-bill - nerdy info yes. But extremely interesting. You are full of knowledge.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 Coupe 4M
Originally Posted by jimmy k
'

I will contact them for sure. Im in Canada so searching for someone close to home, there is a shop that deals with Kleemann, I emailed them as well to see what they think, I think the mod is worth it, if it solves the problem
Looks like you're in the Toronto area like myself. Out of curiosity, who'd you reach out too?
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 PM

c300 sport rwd DHP
Originally Posted by Jubair Ahmed
Looks like you're in the Toronto area like myself. Out of curiosity, who'd you reach out too?
I send a email out to oakridge auto. Authorized dealer for kleeman. Google them for more info.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:51 PM

2013 C350 Coupe 4M
Yep same guys I talked to. Though I haven't heard back from them...What'd they tell you?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 PM

c300 sport rwd DHP
Yep same guys I talked to. Though I haven't heard back from them...What'd they tell you?
What is it that you are looking into doing ?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 PM

2013 C350 Coupe 4M
I asked them about a tune. You?
Old 05-03-2013, 12:15 AM

c300 sport rwd DHP
I asked them about a tune. You?
I asked about the TCU Upgrade , Have not heard back yet.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:19 AM

C300 2013
Remove me From the List i found someone to Tune My Ecu for 595$ in Montreal.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2013, 10:48 AM

2015 E250 Bluetec
Originally Posted by jimmy k
I am sure he will have it soon. Forgestars which ones?
Just got them installed yesterday after 2 months of waiting. Love it but will I order from Forgestar again .
Attached Thumbnails Ecu in toronto-img_00000131.jpg   Ecu in toronto-img_00000132.jpg   Ecu in toronto-img_00000134.jpg  
Old 06-02-2013, 12:08 AM

c300 sport rwd DHP
Originally Posted by B5chung
Just got them installed yesterday after 2 months of waiting. Love it but will I order from Forgestar again .
Looks great.